( search forums )
INTERNODE SD#1 PETITION SIGN WE NEED IT BAD!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
eyic
January 5, 2004, 5:29 am
GUYS PLEASE YOU GOTTA SIGN THIS, me and Al-Fa are trying to get Internode back it was the ebs tAustralian server and it died, WE NEED IT BACK, and we made a petition, we wanna prove to internode that WE ALL WANT THE SERVER BACK, if ur from USA SIGN IT TOO if ur ffrom any coutnry, SIGN IT, its an uber FAST SERVER!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/soldat22/petition.html

SIGN SIGN SIGN LETS TRY TO GET TO 50 SIGNS!!!!

Alpha
January 5, 2004, 5:36 am
SIGN SIGN SIGN!!!111!, yeah, please sign it, we need it back!!!!11!, would be really helpfull

R
January 5, 2004, 5:38 am
SIGN SING ISNSINAISINGI SIGNSI NGINSGIN! i'll sign it just because of the enthusiasm of this thread lol, and how alpha was so enthusiastic he even put some 1's in his sign sign sign rant hahah

eyic
January 5, 2004, 5:39 am
thanks, and this whole thign isnt a joke its true, if u remember the good old days of Internode then u must want this, its australia's only hope :(

liquidis x snake
January 5, 2004, 5:44 am
OMFG I R TEH SIGNZORS EVEN THO I DUNNO WTF U R TALKIN ABOUT ROFFLE HAWT SECKS FOR J00

um.. yeah.

SILENT
January 5, 2004, 5:46 am
:signed:

Alpha
January 5, 2004, 5:48 am
Thanks guys, keep those signs coming!!111

eyic
January 5, 2004, 5:49 am
quote:Originally posted by liquidis x snake
OMFG I R TEH SIGNZORS EVEN THO I DUNNO WTF U R TALKIN ABOUT ROFFLE HAWT SECKS FOR J00

um.. yeah.

Liquid, Internode was a Grea taustralia nserver that got ptu down later o ncoz it had an eror on it that didn't let anyoen down, its an uber fast server that'll give everyone a good ping, please sign it, its for the sake of the community!

koil
January 5, 2004, 5:58 am
i remember internode... 500ping usually.. but whatever gets you off..
*signed*

eyic
January 5, 2004, 6:02 am
500 ping? i guess thats coz ur in israel :P

PLEASE KEEP SIGNING GUYS

Yin_Starrunner
January 5, 2004, 6:22 am
ill sign, even though i've no idea of that server

Spitzfiya
January 5, 2004, 6:25 am
SIGN IT DAMMIT OR YOUL DIE FOOO'S SIGN THE PETITION FIGHT FOR WHATS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROCK ON MAN I SIGNED IT WITH MUCH ENTHUSIASIm

AerialAssault
January 5, 2004, 6:29 am
rofl spitz i like your petition post

Silent-Thunder
January 5, 2004, 6:30 am
For Yin Starrunner
The server in question "Internode SD#1" was a server that most older soldat players remember well. I remember first discovering it in version 1.1.3, though I'm not sure if it was present before that time. Anyways, the server had a great ping(it was low, I mean it was always around the 70s and never went up above 150), the options were tweaked to make it fun for everyone and also make it harder to lame up the server. It was a great place to play until it was shut down.

eyic
January 5, 2004, 6:38 am
oh and guys dont double sign or they'll get suspicious :/

Alpha
January 5, 2004, 6:41 am
lol, someone say they have canser, and they can only offord dialup so they have been forced to have huge pings, but then they found internode so they have agood ping but they shut it down and now your going to die..

GeoForce
January 5, 2004, 6:42 am
Aarghh! Bring back the sever!!!!

frogboy
Ha, I use the Internode Halo, I deliberately got permabanned for teamkilling. So fun.

Anyway, signed.

Yin_Starrunner
souds great, i want it 2!!!

AerialAssault
January 5, 2004, 6:50 am
i remember this server from back in the days of before the knife and LAW when socom was king

eyic
January 5, 2004, 7:27 am
w007 40 signs, guys we're aiming for 100 so if you havnt signed then sign it!

n00bface
January 5, 2004, 7:48 am
I signed! Yay I'm the 41st! WOOOOOO SIGN SIGN SIGN SIGN SING?

eyic
January 5, 2004, 8:03 am
bleh an admin from internode saw the petition and said "You need 50 Internode User Signs" so f*ck him, wha ta stupid loser, I wish he'd go sucide, the tard, theres goes our chance to get our fav server again :(

Yin_Starrunner
January 5, 2004, 8:05 am
what r "USer Signs". That su><0r$

eyic
January 5, 2004, 8:09 am
Internode is an ISP, and he wants 50 Internode users to sign the petition, what a tard, seriously, theres hardly 4 internode users that play soldat.

Yin_Starrunner
January 5, 2004, 8:11 am
OMFG THAT IS SO F*CKIN GAY!

n00bface
January 5, 2004, 8:13 am
lmfao... ahahahah... sorry.. ahahah... aHAHHHAHhahHA... aahh... oh god that.. ahaha.. sucks.. hhah.......

edit -- -> - - - < - - - start a petition to not have to get internode user signs on the bring back the internode server petition!)#

frogboy
January 5, 2004, 8:15 am
You got Halo for PC? Because its so easy to spam a Halo server... *hint*.

palloco
January 5, 2004, 8:15 am
Sign in against e-patents
|
|
\/

Yin_Starrunner
January 5, 2004, 8:26 am
w00t i signed palloco!

Liber_Lupus
January 5, 2004, 8:33 am
I always got ping kicked and never really played there.
but whatever -signed-

n00bface
January 5, 2004, 8:40 am
I signed the ePatent thing like 5 months ago o.O They still haven't done anything aboot it?

eyic
January 5, 2004, 8:54 am
wha tsi ePatent anyhow , whats it about? 0.o

frogboy
January 5, 2004, 9:34 am
Should I try and ask Bigpond GameArena for a Soldat server or two?

eyic
January 5, 2004, 10:04 am
we already tried, but u can try too PLEASE, do anythign u can :(

frogboy
January 5, 2004, 10:29 am
Done, posted here.

Now to play the waiting game... the waiting game is boring. I'm going to see if hitsimikushi wont ping kick me.

EDIT: Probably too late now, but the petition just hit 50 signatures.

EDIT2: Someone there supports the request for a server, but it's not an admin.

EDIT3: A ladder referree there wouldn't mind a server either.

Sekushi
January 5, 2004, 1:03 pm
Eyic... Maybe, if you bribed the Internode underlings with cheap hot monkey sex in return for their signatures... They'd sign.

w00t, number 52 in a lost cause [:-bonc01]

ThaD
January 5, 2004, 1:14 pm
i'm 53rd w00t

sauron_the_deceiver
January 5, 2004, 2:54 pm
55th

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 5, 2004, 6:39 pm
i signed.. it says 57 signs

Yin_Starrunner
January 5, 2004, 6:41 pm
screw the petition, we should all invade their forums, and say "BRING THE SOLDAT INTERNODE SERVER BACK MOTHER [:-censored]ERS!"

mikaelgg50
January 5, 2004, 7:22 pm
:signed:

bLaStEr
January 5, 2004, 8:43 pm
I signed there too ;D

eyic
January 5, 2004, 10:57 pm
lol lets try to get 500, then we'll show them we're serious even though we arnt internode users ;)

Happy Camper
January 6, 2004, 12:29 am
we got a start 61 :)

TIR_Blade
January 6, 2004, 1:15 am
I signed for post numba 63. Wrote the longs post yet, meh, it was all kinda like a poverty children in africa donation fundraiser thing but meh.

Alpha
January 6, 2004, 3:15 am
WELL I'M FIRST HAH!, I WIN, YOU LOSE!!111!

Silent-Thunder
January 6, 2004, 4:19 am
too bad we can't convince michal to sign it, guys spread the word about this petition to anyone you know, the more the better. too bad we can't get this stickyed by an admin for all to see.

frogboy
January 6, 2004, 5:40 am
Don't worry, I've already started circulating it on other gaming boards.

DNA.styx
January 6, 2004, 10:06 am
Sign on the petition page not here on the forum.

DeafBox
January 6, 2004, 11:23 am
quote:Sign on the petition page on here on the forum.
wah? u mean make the petition in this forum?

gunny
January 6, 2004, 2:51 pm
on page one, click da link
*signed*

eyic
January 6, 2004, 9:49 pm
lol DNA locked it then un-locked it after i sent him a PM :) thanks DNA :D

Sekushi
January 7, 2004, 4:53 am
Lol are there even 500 Soldat players? :/

frogboy
January 7, 2004, 4:56 am
Yes. Theres 5000 registered, and 335 of them are Australian.

Sekushi
January 8, 2004, 12:08 am
Wow. I didn't know there were that many out there.

TIR_Blade
January 8, 2004, 12:10 am
Neither did i, thought there was tops 15 aussie players...guess i was ignorant to think that...

eyic
January 8, 2004, 12:15 am
theres a lot of aussie players, its just that most of them stopped playing, ever sicne internode went :(

AerialAssault
January 8, 2004, 2:10 am
thats too bad eyic, they need jsut a few good servers in america japan and eastern europe

Silent-Thunder
January 8, 2004, 2:23 am
Hey, not all of us aussies went away.
I'm still playing online, and you too eyic and silk and dman and....etc. you get the point.

eyic
January 8, 2004, 3:36 am
We now have a Game Arena server hosted by telstra!!
Internode can go away and piss of and never coem back coz we got a new server in town :D

AerialAssault
January 8, 2004, 3:39 am
lol, after all that

frogboy
January 8, 2004, 4:00 am
Yep, thanks to eyic, DeafBox, and trog (GA admin) we have a server. I don't have to keep open frogNode now

DeafBox
January 8, 2004, 6:46 am
Hey, i dont think the petiton was a waste of time at all. I emailed it along with a whole lot of other threads and reasons y Game Arena should host a soldat server. 30 mins latter and we have a server. It could just be a conicdence, but... i reckon i did some good :)
Any way i reckon the petiton would of helped. Also one of those threads was started by Frog Boy.
Good Job and a big TY to every1 who signed.
:)

sqweek
January 8, 2004, 9:43 pm
quote:bleh an admin from internode saw the petition and said "You need 50 Internode User Signs" so f*ck him, wha ta stupid loser, I wish he'd go sucide, the tard, theres goes our chance to get our fav server again :(

I was wondering if you talked to the internode folks before starting this... I guess not.
I enjoyed internode too, in fact I went to their website/forums after the server was down for about month to see what was going on to find that they had shut it down.
There were a couple of reasons quoted, IIRC - for one, the server admin had to restart it every day or so thanks to soldat bugs, for two, not many of the people playing were internode users, and for three, it used a lot of bandwidth (this I may be misremembering, though for some reason I have the impression that soldat is not very bandwidth friendly compared to other games).

And you know what? That's their perogative. Internode owes us absolutely nothing. You've no right to go and demand they spend money on bandwidth for a service their customers hardly use.
Tell ya what, sign up with internode and *then* start a petition. Or instead of going ugly mob petition style, maybe just have a quiet talk with the admins.

In any case, guess I'll see you guys on Game Arena :)

frogboy
January 8, 2004, 10:15 pm
Well the thing is, they were spending money before, and they had no problem except for the server reboots. GameArena doesn't care _what_ ISP you've got, it'll let you in as long as you have COGS (for other game servers; Soldat doesn't need it).

Sekushi
January 8, 2004, 10:57 pm
GA > Internode :D

Internode, you can suck my [:-censored], even though you really didn't owe us anything to start off with. You're still a meanie. [V]

*runs away crying*

*forgets that GA existed, remembers, and becoms happy again*

[:D]

eyic
January 8, 2004, 11:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by sqweek
quote:bleh an admin from internode saw the petition and said "You need 50 Internode User Signs" so f*ck him, wha ta stupid loser, I wish he'd go sucide, the tard, theres goes our chance to get our fav server again :(

I was wondering if you talked to the internode folks before starting this... I guess not.
I enjoyed internode too, in fact I went to their website/forums after the server was down for about month to see what was going on to find that they had shut it down.
There were a couple of reasons quoted, IIRC - for one, the server admin had to restart it every day or so thanks to soldat bugs, for two, not many of the people playing were internode users, and for three, it used a lot of bandwidth (this I may be misremembering, though for some reason I have the impression that soldat is not very bandwidth friendly compared to other games).

And you know what? That's their perogative. Internode owes us absolutely nothing. You've no right to go and demand they spend money on bandwidth for a service their customers hardly use.
Tell ya what, sign up with internode and *then* start a petition. Or instead of going ugly mob petition style, maybe just have a quiet talk with the admins.

In any case, guess I'll see you guys on Game Arena :)

Yep al-fa did make a thread in the internode forums, but they locked it after 2 damins replied, they didint give any of the users a chance to even reply 0.o

And + look at all those CS servers they host and atleast 2 of them are empty all the time, if they can host so many servers then, what problem would they have with hosting a soldat server like they used to.

ShadowHunter
January 10, 2004, 6:59 am
i remember this server i wondered where it went.....signing[:-spin]

So far 84 post WOOOT[:-bonc01]

frogboy
January 10, 2004, 7:25 am
Dead now, we got a GA server.

choco
January 10, 2004, 8:48 am
GA=no good me hates cogs, why cant they just shut down the crappy cs servers noone ever uses and trade em in for a few soldat servers which will be packed to the max every day, we can always get another server into this......like oz forces

frogboy
January 10, 2004, 9:04 am
COGS is useful, it has the IRC like thingy.

sqweek
January 10, 2004, 6:27 pm
frogboy wrote:
quote:Well the thing is, they were spending money before
Of course, how else would they know that their customer's aren't into it? :p
I see your point though, and I think you will understand how a lack of customer interest would discourage the internode admins from dealing with the high-maintenence crash-every-day soldat server.

eyic wrote:
quote:And + look at all those CS servers they host and atleast 2 of them are empty all the time,
I'm not sure I get you here... empty servers cost practically nothing to run. Or, if you are simply referring to the fact they run lots of CS servers, perhaps this is because CS is popular among internode customers? (I wouldn't know, having not even played half-life)
At any rate, it's apparent that quality servers are not to be taken for granted. Personally, I thank internode for the good times.

Also, I reckon you would have been better off waiting until 1.2 was released before getting on internode's case, then you would have the added ammunition of reduced bandwidth :)

i am ahab
January 10, 2004, 6:59 pm
signed. never played it but signed. me.

frogboy
January 10, 2004, 10:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by sqweek
Also, I reckon you would have been better off waiting until 1.2 was released before getting on internode's case, then you would have the added ammunition of reduced bandwidth :)

No way, I'm not going to wait a whole month to bash Internode!

Lurking Dark
January 12, 2004, 9:41 am

Sekushi
January 12, 2004, 10:10 pm
It's dead... Why are you still signing?

Inzurrection
January 20, 2004, 3:27 am
EYIC!!

was happenin man?!

well i came back to see whats goin on, and this is here, you guys bring a tear to my eye. i will submit this PETITION to the INTERNODE ppl for you

this thread would have dont better in WWW.GAMES.INTERNODE.ON.NET if you wanted any progress.

i will post it for you. u dont have to thank me :P as soon as 1.2 comes out i will post it. AUSTRALIAN games should all register at internde aswell. when i make the topi, il post here, and link you to it, if you are australian PLEASE register at internode and vote in the TOPIC i post.

il c u all round later :)

eyic
January 20, 2004, 3:29 am
hey inzu long time no see btw my name is now m00` aka pYso aka eyic aka CaT, anyhow i already showed an admin the petition he said we need 50 internode user signs 0.o

Inzurrection
January 20, 2004, 3:32 am
ok, well go register @ www.games.internode.on.net and set up a petition. u kno the one u set up here, but do a fresh one.

Camping_Carl
January 21, 2004, 6:57 pm
i signed number 99 to sign it :)

Alamo
January 21, 2004, 7:15 pm
*signed* i dunno what you r talkin bout but i signed it ... ^^ as long as it helps