( search forums )
www.soldatworld.com
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
enjoyincubus
January 5, 2004, 6:16 am
It's all registered! Site's being uploaded now!

Here's what it'll have:

-Main site with lots of Soldat mods, forums, and a lot of the same stuff as Soldat Universal.

-A map site with 100's of maps and a real rating system, like on www.soldatmaps.tk

-A CTF league (maybe SCTFL) for everyone to play in with forums and everything

-NS Clan site (hehe, I need something for us...)

I need more ideas! I have 3 GB space to fill! :D

eyic
January 5, 2004, 6:18 am
hey can i be an admi nat your site? :)

Yin_Starrunner
January 5, 2004, 6:25 am
sounds great

y0da
January 5, 2004, 2:27 pm
uhhh! uhhh! Yeah! I would like to... uhhh, uhhh ... i would like to add my files... uhhh, uhhh.

that fuking sniper
January 5, 2004, 10:24 pm
Let some people do good strategy guides too, have weapon descriptions, a corner dedicated for worshipping Michal, a sacrificial altar for Michal, and a screenshot corner that changes every week (GameSpy style) with somewhat funny photos :)

Aquarius
January 6, 2004, 1:33 am
EI, you may put my great map on your site, if you want to.

[URL]

with bot waypoints [8)]

R
January 6, 2004, 1:57 am
enjoy are u gunna have a news section on the site? for like whole soldat community news and stuff like that? i think it would be cool to have active news posts about new tournaments and stuff =)

liquidis x snake
January 6, 2004, 2:40 am
EI, feel free to use my comics and my maps (FFS PLEASE USE MY STALINGRAD MAP LOL) on the site. Don't worry about asking for future comics or maps or whatever I release. I'm allowing you to use all my stuff :]. Of course, credit is where its due, but yeah.

Can't wait.

eyic
January 6, 2004, 2:57 am
hey hey EI put my p1ef4ce interface on your site :D you can find it at www.pyso.tk aremember to put my site on your links page :D

enjoyincubus
January 6, 2004, 3:03 am
Well, you guys will be able to upload your own stuff...(that's French for "I'm not going to upload everything myself" :))

I'm just awaiting the email of joy right now (account info and ftp login). The site has 100 POP email accounts and 100 ftp logins. I'll have an upload feature, but some of you will have ftp access too. :)

N1nj@
January 6, 2004, 3:07 am
yay! Go SCTFL 3 !!! GO GO !!!! RAWR!

eyic
January 6, 2004, 3:11 am
gimme ftp access and admin :D

CardBoardWarrior
January 6, 2004, 3:51 am
Yes please, lol I would like somma dat FTP baby w00t.
On second thought, nevermind. But just keep a couple logins open...lol.

R
January 6, 2004, 4:00 am
PYSO quit asking to be an admin, i believe enjoy has already chosen mods for the site

enjoyincubus
January 6, 2004, 4:40 am
I talked to pYso about it too yesterday. But he'd be more on the main part. We need more main admins.

Here is the SCTFL list:

Me
Bluey
R
Fabmanx
Spike
TFS
Meandor
(was waiting for you guys to say something :D)

Main:

Me
R
Fabmanx
pYso
TFS

Map:

Me
pYso

eyic
January 6, 2004, 4:46 am
COOL!!!! im a main part admin :D

Sorry R, but he asked me if i would wanna be admin yesterday anyhow, sorry for teh asking here anyway :(

R
January 6, 2004, 6:12 am
nah its ok, it jus seemed u were startin to beg there lol

fabmanx
January 6, 2004, 6:22 am
ohh err EI..one of mods on teh SCTFL list is tfs...

that fuking sniper
January 6, 2004, 6:22 am
Hmmm, can I be a moderator by any chance?

Edit: Then again, I'm such an incompetent brat...

Meandor
January 6, 2004, 11:44 am
Yay i got kicked out of the team XD
and yes, TFS used to be a moderator

enjoyincubus
January 6, 2004, 1:37 pm
I don't usually add people to lists without talking to them first, because of a few incidents in the past...but now that I've heard from you two, you're on. Unless you really don't want in. :)

R
January 6, 2004, 2:16 pm
as long as meandor doesnt try to switch the forums over to m4d again or implement any of the other crap that failed in sctfl 2 we're all ok. and i dont think we really need THAT many admins....i'm would say stop there cause i thought we had enough admins at 4, now theres 7 which might be too many

Meandor
January 6, 2004, 6:56 pm
Nope i didn't mean to be in. I don't have anymore the time to do it, my results at school are not what i want them to be. Maybe when this year is over. And fyi it's not my [:-censored]ing fault if that stuff 'failed', it's because the soldat community isn't mature enough and went inactive because they didn't like the forums (!), when we had a pair of good servers ( and if just the stupid computer they're ran on didn't break, we'd still have them + the other 7 avaible for TDM leagues etc. ). Plus there is the 1.2 delay. But if you still want to think it's my fault i don't care anymore.

Though, if you want you can unlock the old forums and use them, so they're already set up. You and Spyder are admins there, you can do it whenever you want, no need to ask me.

P.S I sincerely hope you remove the play who you want rule..

R
January 6, 2004, 11:39 pm
meandor, setting up a playoff grid or anything else like that would be too complicated and there would be ping problems like always. we have rewritten some rules to fit 1.2 and if you guys dont like the play who you want rule than thats too bad. oh and for the forum i think bluesfear's got one already but thanks for the offer anyways =)

N1nj@
January 7, 2004, 1:05 am
Is alright, dont worry about it. Just try to finish season 2 playoff...

eyic
January 7, 2004, 1:14 am
holy [:-censored] yeh! im ad moderator for the mapping as well, man i feel specialz :)

that fuking sniper
January 7, 2004, 1:28 am
Now now kiddies if admins we be, like admins we should behave. Flame wars over Seaason 2 are pointless, because its practicly over, it was dead a long time ago, arguing about why and who'se responsible is pointless and will only cause more flame wars, which, like I said, shouldnt be a part of an admin/mod behavior :)

As moderators you are to set an example of how to post, not try to start flame wars, especially not with eachother, because admins and moderators are the integrity crew of this league, you wouldnt want that to collapse now would you?

N1nj@
January 7, 2004, 1:40 am
TFS, are you talkin to me?

R
January 7, 2004, 1:51 am
no probably me lol

fabmanx
January 7, 2004, 2:54 am
Hes talkin to all of us....IF U DONT LISTEN HE'LL MURDER UR FAMILIES

that fuking sniper
January 7, 2004, 3:12 am
Err, correction fab, you murder families, I just kill them, theres a goddamn difference!

NightCabbage
January 7, 2004, 11:10 am
oooooo a pretty website dedicated to soldat :)

yay

3 gig limit too? :)

Maybe u should rig up an upload system, so people (who have an account) can upload whatever they want (maps, pics, movies, mods, etc.)

hmmmmmm cool, gj :)

enjoyincubus
January 7, 2004, 10:57 pm
Already got the scripts for that. :P

Ok, Meandor, we won't blame you for the sudden collapse of the SCTFL. Part of it was disinterest by the players. But it's not because we're "immature"...personally, I hate corporate rule over smaller, user-made leagues. FFS...look at the game! *looks for game box* Oh wait, it doesn't have one! *looks for flashy website* Oh wait, there isn't one. *looks on Sierra website for news about a Soldat patch* Oh wait, this is a USER-CREATED game. It's not meant to have 20,000 servers online, run by a big company. You can say it is and that those of us that don't believe so are "immature", but so be it. I'm entitled to my belief that small games have small, close communities.

Granted, me making this site could be considered "large and upscale", but look at the people behind it - mostly teenagers from around the world. Sure, I don't have 8 game servers. Didn't realize that some people would sell out everyone for a few servers and a TERRIBLE forum. :P

Well, my last bit of venting real quick...the thing that makes me angry is how the rest of the people in charge of the SCTFL (basically me and R at the time) were left in the dark, deprived of any rights (even though I joined the "staff" a few months before you), and then moved to a new area without having a chance to resist. I would have at least liked to have a little to say...possibly just an IM that said "hey, thinking about moving to this corporate bull[:-censored] site...what do you think?"...but that's over. I don't care if they registered the name "SCTFL"...we had it first...they can go ahead and sue us. :P

Ok, one more last thing...if you guys have any problems with each other, get them out in the open right now...our guidance counselor, TFS, will help solve your relations problems. ;)

TIR_Blade
January 7, 2004, 11:09 pm
Ima make this short, I no u guyz dont really care bout me, but if u need help im on msn.

Cold Fusion
January 7, 2004, 11:22 pm
I've also offered my help, although Bluey didn't seem very talkative... :P

Yeah, so if you need someone over in Europe, I'd be glad, as all of you so far are on the other side of the Atlantic, and pYso of course. ;)

R
January 7, 2004, 11:30 pm
yeah guys i dont think we need any more admins/mods but your input on rules/server settings when we release them will be very helpful as long as its not flaming. :) and also help by spreading the www.soldatworld.com site name and tell all the clans to join sctfl =)

TIR_Blade
January 7, 2004, 11:33 pm
Can do.
and ya i thought u had enough :P.

N1nj@
January 7, 2004, 11:50 pm
So the SCTFL team will be:

EI
Spyd3r (Bluey)
Fabmanx
Spike
TFS
R

TIR_Blade
January 7, 2004, 11:55 pm
looks promising, hope u really work some magic and turn this thing around.

N1nj@
January 8, 2004, 2:57 am
We will ;P. But most important things we can supports from clans

enjoyincubus
January 8, 2004, 4:49 am
Yeah, the site should be up and running tomorrow...it helps to have a site when trying to get visitors. :)

SCTFL 3 will be a hit...I really feel comfortable saying that. My teachers at school expect more out of me now (taking college classes as a sophomore), and they're going all tough on us...it's wierd because last semester they were nice little puppets on the ends of our fingers...now they're taking their roles as authorities! :P

I emailed the guy in charge of www.soldatmaps.tk and hopefully he'll give us some help with the map page (it should look similar to that one). The map database should be filled because normal users will be able to upload, along with admins and mods.

We might find room for you two, Blade and Cold Fusion. Just wait and see how things pan out...if there's something that needs done, I'll contact you guys. :)

R
January 8, 2004, 6:18 am
oh thanks for putting me at the end of the list spyder =p

Meandor
January 8, 2004, 1:34 pm
Well i'm not flaming anyone, just discussing..

quote:Originally posted by R
meandor, setting up a playoff grid or anything else like that would be too complicated and there would be ping problems like always. we have rewritten some rules to fit 1.2 and if you guys dont like the play who you want rule than thats too bad.

It's actually the opposite IMO. What i mean is that with groups inactive clans get actually kicked out, they are based on nationality/continent so the ping is not a problem; as for setting them up it requires just a bit of work to put them togheter, then they will work by themselves. Maybe before i leave the team i'd like to talk about it to you when i catch a few of you online =d

EI - About season 2 stuff, you just had to ask, i was waiting for you guys to sign up to the forum and tell me to make you mods. Or start whatever you planned such as the TDM section, there was room and servers for all of it. But you never told or asked me anything, i didn't even see you posting on new forums, and so i kept doing stuff myself. I don't see a reason to give admin powers to people that don't even tell me if they want to do something..
( and this was before moving it )
About moving, i must say that there was nothing different other than how the forums worked. The resident admin had just control over servers, but the team was still the same. SCTFL was what it used to be but with the advantages of a serious league.
PS The immature comment was about people stopping posting because of the new 'skin'.. but nevermind.

About the playoff - How can i finish it when clans aren't playing and half of them died / are dying meanwhile? =
Anyhow, good luck with the third season

R
January 9, 2004, 12:20 am
then at least post something about sctfl 2 being done so that season 3 can begin with closure from season 2. or you can just take the dead clans off of the list, and contact each of the clans in the playoff about playing their matches. And meandor..when u switched over the that m4d forums and using their servers, i dont recall you mentioning anything to me even though i was very active on the original forums and i would assume you knew i was an admin. but doesnt matter anymore it is done =\