( search forums )
Different Gosteks for every team.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Chakra
January 6, 2004, 10:31 am
I would really like to see this very simple idea implimented into 1.2 . It would really give a buzz to the modding community and players alike.

The Gostek files in soldat are the body parts of soldat. Many mods have been released that change the shape and look of them, much to our delight.

My idea is simple: Use a different set of gostek files for each team, red and blue in ctf/inf, as well as yellow and green in teammatch.

Why? well imagine the possibilities....terrorists vs swat-teams, aliens vs marines, germans vs allies, robots vs humans, cats vs dogs. It'd really add a fantastic visual difference, as well as being useful for instantly recognising enemies from their shape alone.

Show me love for my I idea, people!

n00bface
January 6, 2004, 10:34 am
i say yay! I can finish my Alien vs. Predator mod (Even though there's already like 5... but now mine will be BETTER than the rest!)

MisterX
January 6, 2004, 11:01 am
oh please, implement this, i want a halo mod (marines vs covenants) :) please michal, implement this idea

mikaelgg50
January 6, 2004, 11:01 am
WOW!!!... its รค great idee, I love it... so many peolple can have juse for that...

like Kari: Allied vs Axis and many more...

Ok
January 6, 2004, 11:03 am
ho chaky.. bad dic u ! bad!
but good idea! i just see it.
me runing and killing german [:-censored]! [:D]
(oh i got censored! lol it was S-H-I-T.)
ah ha!
yea.. that could be nice.
i don't think its alot of work also.
but what do i know..[:I]

Chakra
January 6, 2004, 1:08 pm
*sudden thought*

rebels vs stormtroopers!! ! ! ! !

SBaL
January 6, 2004, 1:14 pm
hell yeah !
I want a team of smurfs !

there's a difficulty though...
like, there's no problem in sending over your skin mod thingy over to the other players so they can see you as you see yourself,
but...
what about peeps making invisible skins ?
there should be some way of covering that...
any idea's ?

a simple checkbox in options to allow using other's skins maybe ?
(easy enough)

or a little piece of code wich checks if there's a minimum amount of visible pixels ? (shouldn't be that hard)

The Smurf
January 6, 2004, 1:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by SBaL
hell yeah !
I want a team of smurfs !

Me too! With Papa Smurf, Hefty, Handy, Jokey and (last but not least) Smurfette!

villekallio
January 6, 2004, 1:32 pm
Ummm... SBal thats not the idea or atleast i think so. The idea is that there's two sets of gostek files. One for team red and one for blue. And like the mods right now other people should'nt be able to see if you have a mod on.

SBaL
January 6, 2004, 1:47 pm
oww... well, then its just plain simple, no problem at all with that... just a bit more work changing gostek files by hand.

SuperKill
January 6, 2004, 2:13 pm
this idea is very good 8|

Squal
January 6, 2004, 2:54 pm
This idea was already brought up once, but it wont stop me from suporting it =]

Sithak
January 6, 2004, 3:23 pm
terroist v.s swat lol this is the 3rd thing ive seen in 2 days that relate to CS

bLaStEr
January 6, 2004, 3:56 pm
Me loves this idea! ^___^ It would really give cool thing to modding.

sauron_the_deceiver
January 6, 2004, 4:10 pm
Yes yes yes I want! But it will increase the size of the soldat download =/ Aaah to hell with it, I have broadband!

I'd also like to team specific weaponry, so you can have allies vs axis, with allied weapons AND axis weapons...blood and guts everywhere...yeah....

=|

gunny
January 6, 2004, 4:23 pm
no never make this
socom the game is evil
i don't want it in soldat
'lgj and can't beat lvl 3'

LiL_FuKa
January 6, 2004, 6:42 pm
Freakeh.. I was just thinking of exactly the same thing.. so obviously I love this idea! I want it, I want it, I want it!

juice _ box
January 6, 2004, 7:50 pm
quote:no never make this
socom the game is evil
i don't want it in soldat
'lgj and can't beat lvl 3'

we all hate you, please shut up.

CHAKRA IS MY NEW GOD.

On a lighter not, I would be your man for the SW gostek. ask anyone that have seen my mods.

moysturfurmer
January 6, 2004, 10:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
*sudden thought*

rebels vs stormtroopers!! ! ! ! !

I'm turned on.
wookiees versus trandoshan!!

?
January 6, 2004, 10:41 pm
i love it
*?'s sudden idea* me vs the world =D

Yin_Starrunner
January 6, 2004, 11:26 pm
I love this idea, I was gonna put this on here, but Chakra, you beat me 2 the punch.

BTW i would love rebels vs. stormtroopers... w00t!

NightCabbage
January 7, 2004, 9:40 am
Not bad, but it falls in line with us all trying to convince Michal to put in more player textures and bits and pieces :)

This is a good one of them tho.

Sephiroth
January 13, 2004, 11:09 am
I was going to suggest adding a choice of male and female to the game, with a different set of Gostek graphics for each, but hell, this idea is even better! However, I would also suggest that an option be added to the Player screen allowing you to select your 'preferred team' for the purposes of DM. That way you can effectively select your 'model' from the 4 available when you aren't playing a team gametype. :) This should definately be considered an important addition to Soldat. Surely it can't be that much coding (compared to some other suggested ideas like audio taunts and such) because a large percentage of it would be straight copy and paste.

The only drawback I see is creating 3 more sets of Gostek graphics. But I'm sure we, the players, will contribute to the cause! Most of us have nothing better to do anyway.

sauron_the_deceiver
January 13, 2004, 4:05 pm
Yeah, I like the idea of 4 different skins to choose from in options, then the teams having there respective skin in game.

Anyway, Michal wouldn't have to make more skins. He could have them all the same, leaving the customising to the players imagination =)