( search forums )
Stationary turrets
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
BeTeL
January 10, 2004, 10:57 am
common gimme thoughts about this...

a turret u can place uon the map that shoots quite loose. a second weapon alternative... u start with it empty and it takes around a minutes to load... then u crouch and place it and start loading... or building ... another...

these turrets will be quite crappy but clusters of 2,3 will make nice defense against one soldat...

around of 40% of a soldats dmg will be enought to destroy em and they are not able to dodge yer shots

damn, my lamest idea on months but anyway... rate it

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 10, 2004, 11:11 am
i dont rally under stand it???

CardBoardWarrior
January 10, 2004, 1:20 pm
He is saying that you can go around on a map and crouch, then as secondary or somthing place a turret there, like a SG but a lot weaker.

peemonkey
January 10, 2004, 7:09 pm
....no. sorry. Stat Guns are weak enough as it is. now you wanna nerf them, and make ppl able to destroy em? no. noobs would cluster near em, so you could get a Masta Killa with 1 nade and 1 spas shot.

AL3X1C0N
January 10, 2004, 9:26 pm
would be cool as a secondary option for fn minimi that u could put it on the ground and that its more accurate

BeTeL
January 12, 2004, 7:54 am
well thats a pretty idea Alexicon

ok... statguns have weaknesses... these ones is even weaker BUT... u can place them where ever u want... protect a subway, flagger route, anywhere

and oh one more thing... nobodey is accually standing there shooting... its shooting when ppl from wrong team gettin to close...
place 2 turrets over and then u protect middle or under instead... turrets got it covered but not for long cuz they are good at dying...

n00bface
January 12, 2004, 8:28 am
quote:Originally posted by AL3X1C0N
would be cool as a secondary option for fn minimi that u could put it on the ground and that its more accurate

what the hell? alexicon said something I agree with... wow... good idea..

-SPI-
January 12, 2004, 11:55 am
So basically you want the laptop gun from perfect dark. Or those sentry turrets from aliens/splinter cell. It seems like there is a solid basis for this type of thing in other games and movies, but perhaps only for ctf. And make it so it runs out of ammo and then dissapears (or explodes)

BeTeL
January 12, 2004, 5:59 pm
ok... wtf is a laptop gun from perfect dark? im talking any friggin turrets thats got a own targeting system!

Hitman
January 12, 2004, 7:19 pm
The Stationary Gun sucks as it is, and it would be even worse with turrets!

Drama
January 12, 2004, 8:57 pm
Is soldat strategy game ?

Hitman
January 12, 2004, 9:44 pm
What?...

peemonkey
January 13, 2004, 4:11 am
FN minimi+tripod=better accuracy. that's basically what it should be, but it stays there longer, say...2 min without usage?

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 13, 2004, 5:57 am
why not just USE a minimi? the accuracy is actually pretty impressive while crouched.

LiL_FuKa
January 13, 2004, 4:40 pm
Ah, so what he means is you'd actually be able to build a turret, and it takes up your secondary? I like.. as long as they're weak, like he said.

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 14, 2004, 12:06 am
if this stat gun kit is implemented, camping would almost certainly increase. whether that is
a good or bad thing is debatable.

if they have less than 1/2 of the health of a soldier, a simple nade would wipe out the gun.

if the gun actually has a large amount of health, one could forsee an increase in barreting
to counter this camper-esque tactic.

a few questions for those advocating this idea:
1)
a)if this gun is able to be destroyed, that certainly suggests that it is able to sustain hits.
does this mean that it will be damaged by normal bullets as well as explosives? or only explosives?

b)if it can be hit by both, doesn't this add the additional issue of being a shield of some sort?

ex: look to the current stat gun; nades explode on contact with it, but bullets go thru it; thus a
person using the gun can be shot and killed with no impact on the stat gun. if the gun was to have
health and can adsorb hits, doesn't this mean that it forms a sort of shield and the operator
can only be hit with conventional non-explosive weapons when the gun itself is destroyed?

2)
a) how much ammo does the gun have, if any? will it be infinite like the current stat guns?

b) how fast will the gun shoot? the same rate the current ones do?

c) how powerful with each round be?

just some thoughts...

BeTeL
January 14, 2004, 11:24 pm
to question 1 a+b: err read... there is NO operator to be hit... it aint sum kinda balistic shield with mounted gun on it! THERE IS NO OPERATOR... its a stand alone turret thats shooting like... anything hostile getting less then a screen away. i was thinking of a explosive shot to kill it even if shot is weak... or around 2 barret mags, thats yer own choice. this will make barret less used and m79/LAW more used possibly...

2A:if the guns gonne get strong ammo it should shoot 10 sec and rest 5, then shoot again... like a cooldown, if the gun is WEAK like im saying im talking about a 20 second mag and a reload on 5 sec... just enough to make a fast react... or to fail one...

2B: strong shots slow... weak shot, very rapid... like steyr or sumthing.

2C: i need ppls advise on this point...

AND my final statement... this gun should just make a new add to the game... i didnt tell u it was useful:D