( search forums )
Chop Chop!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
HappyPants
January 10, 2004, 7:15 pm
I think that it would be hella trippy to have swords instead of lame ass chainsaws (gah!) Just swing up and down, have longer reach run people through with 'em, just charge like a chainsaw. 'Sides, I know they used 'em in S'pore in WWII, none of that 'not in soldat,' bull sh*t.[:-devil] Anybody got the mod or would consider making one and send it to meh, lemmeh know.

DNA.styx
January 10, 2004, 8:00 pm
(moved)

?
January 10, 2004, 8:23 pm
yup, this idea sucks

mak89gt
January 10, 2004, 8:59 pm
its very stupid, only sadams generals would have done that in the pass to a prisoner.

kkazican
January 10, 2004, 9:24 pm
In my opinion I think chansaw would better be replaced by bayonet instead of a lame sword.

AL3X1C0N
January 10, 2004, 9:35 pm
hmmmm i like the sword idea :) an

HappyPants
January 10, 2004, 11:22 pm
ouch, well i guess that's what i get for thinking... no imagination whatsoever from most of you people...

Roy
January 10, 2004, 11:32 pm
A sword? Why? It would basically be a knife/chainsaw hybrid, except maybe with a longer reach. The knife is good because it does tons of damage and can be thrown as well. The chainsaw... is like a noisy knife that uses ammo and can't be thrown. What exactly is the point of the chainsaw again? Anyway, we don't need a sword, unless it had some unique feature to set it apart from all other weapons. And I can't really think of a good feature for a sword, exept being longer than a knife, unless you were able to throw it, and guess what? That would just make the knife obsolete. So, no.

pseudo
January 11, 2004, 12:31 am

The chainsaw is the ultimate decoy weapon. Just try switching to on some crowded area if some map. Practically everybody on the other team will switch their attention to you out of sheer fear [:-shake] when they hear it... you probably won't live long after that, but it can be enough for someone else on your team to get away with the flag in CTF.

?
January 11, 2004, 12:53 am
there is already a katana topic, use the search button idiot

HappyPants
January 11, 2004, 4:15 pm
wow, that's the third time today someone has called me an idiot. Let's see if I can keep it coming.

Sekushi
January 11, 2004, 8:07 pm
Idiot.

Like said before, a sword would be a chainsaw/knife hybrid. Woohoo.

HappyPants
January 12, 2004, 12:44 am
make a f*cking sword you can throw dumb ass dildos

frogboy
January 12, 2004, 12:52 am
Look, chainsaws will never be replaced. Knifes will never be replaced. Full stop.

[text from previous post I deleted to keep post count at 666]
chainsaw = ultimate novelty. Besides, Michal uses it. It will never be replaced.

gunny
January 12, 2004, 1:37 am
throwing a sword, hhmmm, sounds like the knife
hmm, useless idea, exactly like having a silenced socom, or a steel or iron knife
idiot

AerialAssault
January 13, 2004, 12:23 am
no.

peemonkey
January 13, 2004, 4:01 am
how about a whip? you can whip people with it, and if they get close enough to you, they get tied up, so you can just stand there and piss all over em! nice!
sword=no.

LiL_FuKa
January 13, 2004, 4:43 pm
Someone did actually mod the chainsaw into a kitana..

kevith
January 13, 2004, 5:46 pm
What's with all the name calling? Can't we just say 'I don't like this idea' without calling him an idiot? Anyway... why did we ask Michal to change the knife to a throwing knife? Bc the knife didn't have a long enough reach to be useful. I don't see how a sword is such a bad idea, just that it could be considered redundant. The knife's reach problem was solved w/ the patch that allowed the knife to be thrown and a sword would just have the same reach as the chainsaw so the idea of a sword basically just comes down to personal preference in the form of a mod of the chainsaw (as has already been done according to LiL Fuka).

Leo Da Lunerfox
January 15, 2004, 1:45 am
there really needs to be no difference, it is quite possible to do a sword really. All Michal needs to do is make a sword slash animation, and we are set. As for the special ability, how about the fact that it is a melee weapon instead of a ranged weapon (Aka Gun)