( search forums )
I just don't understand.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Chakra
January 12, 2004, 11:06 pm

Please help me, i'm a confused little boy. [B)]

In my eyes, it's an unfair, over dominating, bizarrely easy weapon that removes the sense of battle or conflict between any two players, that if nerfed in any way gets 9 pages in the beta forum whining for it's return, and is chosen by far far too many people in the game who simply wish for the quickest simplest removal of their enemy just so they can win.

Yes i'm talking about the barret.

But i'm wrong.

..I gotta be wrong.

I'm wrong, aren't I?

Whats that mother?...you want me to kill doggfather? No mother! Not again...he didn't mean to steal your cornflakes...mother! Don't say that, his forum logo does not suck goat-scrotum!

Anyhow.
Without the need to raise any online-voices,
without the need to insult (no matter how tempting, and god I know it's tempting),
without sinking to diminishing my or another's status in any way,
and without any bloody moaning about "it's just a game" or " for the love of God another barret thread"

I want to hear why and how the barret is considered a just and fair weapon that deserves it's no.8 spot, and I want someone to tell me just why the sweet-merciful-pint-of-fosters I can't stand it.

I don't wanna hear why it's not a fair weapon. I'm sure (with a tiny, tiny amount of help from me) we've all heard it, but the barret-crowd have always simply shrugged the arguement off. So what is the barret's side of the story?

AerialAssault
January 12, 2004, 11:18 pm
for the love of God another barret thread!?!

?
January 12, 2004, 11:26 pm
teh reload rate is long, if anyone is lagging, it sucks for the barret user because of the reload time, it does not shoot straight as an arrow like some say, the aiming is a bit tricky in your not in prone or sitting, and it is easily countered by the m79

frogboy
January 12, 2004, 11:40 pm
crap. I just lost a whole paragraphs work. Just great. I'll try and recollect it:

Yay, another barret thread. I've had enough of those damn barrets.

Its not fair. It has more range than any other weapon, deadly accurate for camping, completely n00b friendly if one knows how to aim (You can roll around a barret n00b and kill him in 5 seconds if you wanted). The reason is that around half the barret users use it to camp. How is it possible to block a one hit kill weapon that goes at warp speed from two screens off anyway? YOu can expect it, but not at a definite time or place, you can't hear it or dodge, by the time you have a reaction your dead. How could it be fair?

Chakra
January 13, 2004, 12:24 am
Well you two pretty much fulfill each side of the arguement....but someone's gotta be right and wrong. How the sweet feckers do we get a fairly certain right and wrong?

frogboy
January 13, 2004, 12:29 am
A reanactment of the American Civil War! t, you can choose from: coke cans, or fruit baskets.

?
January 13, 2004, 12:37 am
wait that ould not be fair because we know that the north won teh civil war, so the people that get teh role of the north win, therefore i state that your idea is idiotic

Chakra
January 13, 2004, 12:42 am
..cold war? lasted a long time, lots of tension, technology went through alot of phases because of it, but nothing really happened..

frogboy
January 13, 2004, 1:27 am
ok, we shall use Chakras idea instead. Cold War it is.

that fuking sniper
January 13, 2004, 1:27 am
Barret side of the story? It's fun. Peroid.

Being fun is the be-all and end-all of reasons for that, why? because its a part of a game, and a game is designed for what? entertainment.

If one has fun using a certain weapon or playing in a specific playstyle, then he is accomplishing his goal from playing a game, having fun.

I agree about the balance arguement that the barret is overpowered, though my main reason for using it doesnt need to draw from excuses such as "well, the sniper could be getting lag", or "well if his hands were a little cold he would miss that time"...I do it because its fun.

frogboy
January 13, 2004, 2:18 am
Ok TFS, you win. No cold war is needed :(