( search forums )
Parkour thread
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
?
January 13, 2004, 12:30 am
We wanted it out of the picture thread, so now i made a topic for it, personaly i think it would be cool to watch(i said watch because im fat) and if i could do it i would.

Chakra
January 13, 2004, 12:41 am
..wtf is parkour.. some kind of expensive brand of couscous?

juice _ box
January 13, 2004, 1:54 am
http://www.spacehijackers.co.uk/images/ideas/25m.jpg

_z1g
January 13, 2004, 2:15 am
hi im from Russian parkour team - [URL] -
some scren:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

and parkour it is not extream sport ... its live =)

frogboy
January 13, 2004, 2:24 am
So its people pretending to ride skateboards... intriguing...

n00bface
January 13, 2004, 2:58 am
lmao + wtf?

fabmanx
January 13, 2004, 5:33 am
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/parkour/parkourenglish/page16.html

Download David Belle .avi NOT david belle . ram......the one that says One always advances...And you?

Chakra
January 13, 2004, 11:07 am
..nice movie... guess thats what happens when you play prince of persia too much..

Aquarius
January 13, 2004, 11:19 am
> guess thats what happens when you play prince of persia too much..

ROTFL

SuperKill
January 13, 2004, 11:52 am
LMAO

M
January 13, 2004, 1:14 pm
LOL.
Btw: WTF is parkour i wanne know.

SuperKill
January 13, 2004, 1:19 pm
M why do you have to be so dumb..
go see fabmanx's link and download some videos

Outcast
January 13, 2004, 1:47 pm
*sneaks up from the shadows with a wallclimb-to-sideflip combo*
I could do some of that and i dont even do it all the time, but them dudes got guts tho
*backflips over the wall, back to the shadows whence he came*

Weed
January 13, 2004, 2:59 pm
this sh!t is stupid. i mean, im not saying its bs, only that it is really really stupid, u can do all that stuff for real without having to fall and without recording it to be "the bad mofos of da block" ffs.
"im climbing a wall, LOOK!@!!! im climbing a wall, aint that, like, impossible? i must have supa powas!~@!@!, oh yeah, now my homies will respect me cuz i can climb up a wall!@!@!@!@"

u know what? fck that, if i have to get past a wall i just go around.

(i have no fuken idea what i just wrote here, im tripping)

?
January 13, 2004, 8:16 pm
your at your best when your high =D

sauron_the_deceiver
January 13, 2004, 9:23 pm
Weed: Lol, I have lost all respect for you now.

"if i have to get past a wall i just go around"

Ok, lets apply that theory to another situation: Long Jumping.

Why bother jumping really far into the sandpit, when you could just walk into it and sit down?

Why bother kicking the football around when you could carry it?

Why bother running around the 1000m running track when you could just cross through the middle a few times?

Because thats not the point. You HAVE to jump into the sandpit. You CAN'T use your hands. You AREN'T allowed to take shortcuts.

In Parkour, you shouldn't walk around the wall. The point is to go over it.

"this sh!t is stupid"

Soooo....running around in small shorts kicking a leather ball back and forth ISN'T stupid? You see Parkour as being stupid because you choose not to view it in normal light. If you look at it the right way, you'll see its not stupid. No more stupid than any other sport anyway.

Frogboy: No.

"So its people pretending to ride skateboards... intriguing..."

No, thats footboarding and/or soaping. Parkour is an extreme sport without equipment.

Oh I dunno why I'm bothering. I don't need anyone's approval to participate in something I enjoy.

Chakra
January 13, 2004, 9:48 pm
I can't help but wonder....how many times have you landed on your face?

And how the hell do you practice for it? Those vids showed guys larking about in some customised gym with fall-mats everywhere, but it's not like theres government-funded parkour training facilities to help keep the kiddies off the street, is there....how do you train for it? 'cos I'd love to be able to suck my spamjavelin mid-air.

sauron_the_deceiver
January 13, 2004, 10:04 pm
Aaahhh training. The delights.

Well, I do it...anywhere. The local youth club has a handful of rails outside to practice on, and I'm learning how to fliptrick and stuff on grassy fields. Landing on your ass doesn't hurt much.

And I've never landed on my face. Only tards do that. Normal people learn how to crashland and roll.

M
January 13, 2004, 10:25 pm
This guys sure watches Matrix ten times a day.

frogboy
January 13, 2004, 10:58 pm
quote:Why bother kicking the football around when you could carry it?
So you don't run in and get bashed up by a bunch of people looking for an oddly shaped ball.

CardBoardWarrior
January 13, 2004, 11:02 pm
Oh well, wish I could do that, or had some place to, buy my mom would never ever let me. Damn her.

?
January 13, 2004, 11:39 pm
just don't tell her and yes i wish i could do that also =P

enjoyincubus
January 13, 2004, 11:45 pm
It's interesting, to say the least.

I guess I'd have to try some of the stuff. At school, we sometimes skip class and walk around down by the woods and jump off old pipes and across a little stream. I'm the only one that jumps in and runs around with the little snakes. :D

We also have this big, new wooden deck out behind this building at my campus that we jump off the edge into the street on. Dunno why. I guess when you're really bored, you'll do anything you can. You just have to watch for those damn "wangstas" in their little cheap Benz imitators and their tiny little rims. They're really stupid...it's scary to think they're on the road, and everywhere. :-S

Yeah, I said some [:-censored] about how this was stupid in the past. I suppose maybe what we do is "tard" stuff, but it's fun. :P

?
January 14, 2004, 12:11 am
jumping off things is always fun

CardBoardWarrior
January 14, 2004, 12:54 am
I wanna learn how to roll, like after a big jump or somthing. =/

_z1g
January 14, 2004, 4:05 am
http://www.urbanfreeflow.com/UrbanFreeFlow/tricksntech.htm

BMF
January 14, 2004, 4:27 am
i used to go into judo

and we did all those rolls and falls and whatever. We didnt jump over anything tho

Pr0ger
January 14, 2004, 5:33 am
parkour - cool ! visit #parkour.ru @ quakenet

gi.joe
January 14, 2004, 5:39 am
parkour sounds like an indian curry dish....

lol funneh name for somthing that involves jumping off high walls etc..

Hitman
January 14, 2004, 2:29 pm
How do you download the Clips, the links don't work!

Weed
January 14, 2004, 4:02 pm
well i can only say one more thing: bs :D
if u want to have a thrill join the army, or do something a bit usefull.
yes i jumped over sh!t, yes i fell sometimes, but i didnt make it as "parkour" and i would be insulted if someone told me thats what i did. if i HAVE to jump of a wall, or climb up on a tree i would do it, but not for fun, i dont see any fun on climbing a tree or jumping on the stairs, i really think its pure bs.
other sports aint stupid, they got rules, they got a purpose, and yes, i played american footbal sometimes, and i played rugby, and i love playing soccer (start calling it FOOTBALL god damn americans ;D), and basketball is fun, i used to skate, and i also had roller blades, so what? i have np doing a bungee jump, i find it fun. but jumping of 5 feet walls is pure BS.

sauron_the_deceiver
January 14, 2004, 6:53 pm
Enjoy: It ain't tardy. I started out jumping from trees =)

Weed: Lol, I'm english! And we call it football here!

And Parkour is what it is, and enjoyable, because you give it your own purpose and interpretation, and it has no rules. No limitations, if you will. I know it sounds like stupid [:-censored], but its true. Parkour is much more liberating than rugby and football.

gi.joe: Curry? Its french - Le Parkour = The Free Run.

BTW some of you seem to presume Parkour is jumping over roof gaps, which it isn't. It involves jumping roof gaps, but that isn't the entire sport. In fact, I've never jumped between rooves, because its inconvenient, exclusive (most places are crap for it) and its trespassing! =P

BMF
January 14, 2004, 7:47 pm
and because you are scared

SuperKill
January 14, 2004, 8:55 pm
ohhhhhhhhhhh now i remember i saw it once on ripley's (spelling error for sure) believe it or not.
pretty nice actually

?
January 14, 2004, 9:59 pm
ok weed and bmf take a chill pill yall have really been pushing everyone this week, its just what some people do for fun, some people think soldat is "bs" but we like it don't we?

gi.joe
January 15, 2004, 12:59 am
T are u sure u ARE NOT gay?

Milkman Dan
January 15, 2004, 1:00 am
is Parkour like that thing that guy does in the nike ad on tv when he's running away from the chicken?

?
January 15, 2004, 1:02 am
errmm lemme check... yup not gay =D and boy am i glad ^_^

sauron_the_deceiver
January 15, 2004, 5:46 pm
Yeah! The angry chicken advert! The man in that advert is a co-founder of the sport =)

BMF: Go film yourself jumping a 2 storey gap and say that again.

gi.joe
January 16, 2004, 10:58 am
lol i wudnt put it past him man...