( search forums )
i can... fly? [ - just read this - ]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 13, 2004, 6:55 am
well, after playing so many games of HALO and watching those goddam legendary elites effortlessly leap out of the way of my well placed grenade, i had an idea. good idea? maybe. but an idea none-the-less. here it is:

a double tap to your customly configurated left/right key will cause your soldat-ian character to jump [leap] forward in a certain direction, which ends in a prone position, ala the matrix except without the fancy special effects, time dialation, cool leather S&M bondage leather clothing, whoosh sounds, and sunglasses. observe:

[IMAGE]

excuse the fact i spent 10 minutes on the animation, and 2 minutes on the idea, i'd say its a pretty cool animation... anyways, back to the idea...

eyic
January 13, 2004, 6:58 am
i think its an ok idea, but i'd get really pissed if i just double click the left or right button twice by accident, then my soldat jumps and falls like an idiot.

I think this would be good as a personal option in the options place :)

Chakra
January 13, 2004, 10:27 am
Deserves it's own button baby...i've thrown this idea around a few times myself now and then. It be known as a dive, or pounce.

Sithak
January 13, 2004, 2:49 pm
yea nice anamation. i like it^_^

I think that the idea is great but im not sure about the double click of the left arrow cause i would probably do it a bunch of times and screw up. It deserves its own key but, it would have to be really easy to acess. mabey like "c" or something like in that place. ^_^ nice thinking

Jounaz
January 13, 2004, 3:29 pm
good idea :) but that 'c' is not working on me because i use phrone on that button but of course it's possible to change :D

kevith
January 13, 2004, 3:44 pm
Yeah I think it would need its own key(s) so you don't do it by accident but it's a cool idea. Why not make it 'c' (like Sithak said) and 'z'? Then you could make your dive directional. You could dive backwards going prone (like if you're aiming right and hit 'z') or forward (aiming right and hit 'c'). Oh and NICE ANIMATION!

LiL_FuKa
January 13, 2004, 4:32 pm
As I've said many times, I love this idea.

DesFS
January 13, 2004, 6:01 pm
Yeah. It's a good idea. I'm sick of trying to evade fire and then taking 1/2 a second to go prone and still get killed.

Brilliant man. I couldn't have thought of it myself.

juice _ box
January 13, 2004, 7:45 pm
z = left pounce
c = right pounce
h = moonwalk

oh the possibilitys.

Dragon88
January 13, 2004, 8:06 pm
It's an Ok idea, but it would definitely need to be an option. I personally wouldn't like it, because I like to stay mobile (ie, upright).

toadsMoke
January 13, 2004, 9:58 pm
hrmmm... i really think that this is a good idea. definitely would add a neat aspect to the game. [:-thumbu][:-thumbu]

Hitman
January 13, 2004, 10:19 pm
I love it! Hope it will be in the version after 1.2!

juice _ box
January 14, 2004, 2:29 am
quote:need to be an option.

why does everything have to be an option.

eyic
January 14, 2004, 2:34 am
so that people who dont want it, dont use it....... sheesh

juice _ box
January 14, 2004, 2:46 am
quote:so that people who dont want it, dont use it....... sheesh

Then he can go [:-censored] himself. Making things like this an option splits up the comunity. People like diving and people dont, so they would make seperate servers. soldats comunity is already thin enough with the lack of servers/ people.

peemonkey
January 14, 2004, 2:46 am
what if someone doesnt want to get shot? odes that entitle them to a button they click to make is so they can die? a little extreme, but still basically the same. if for this idea...not as an option, and not as more than 1 button. it should be standard, on like, c or z, only one though, so you just change the direction yer facing. Good Idea

kevith
January 14, 2004, 3:41 am
If they don't like it they don't have to use it (as long as it's a separate key). If it was implemented as a double-press of the arrow key as the original post says then I understand how some could want it as an option because one could 'pounce' on accident.

juice _ box
January 14, 2004, 4:10 am
quote:z = left pounce
c = right pounce
h = moonwalk

Seems some one allready figured that out.

eyic
January 14, 2004, 5:43 am
Juice box im not saying a server option sheesh, what i meant as an option is that if the control would be double click left or right 2wice so u could dive, then you can put a personal option in the option place to enable that or not, but if this divign thing would have its own button then there wouldnt be an option

juice _ box
January 14, 2004, 5:52 am
Do you mean binding the dive button. like (+Bind C leftdive)

bLaStEr
January 14, 2004, 5:47 pm
lovely, me likes :)

?
January 14, 2004, 9:43 pm
yes that is pretty neat, i really don't see what it will be used for besides people wanting to add flare to capping though =/

moysturfurmer
January 15, 2004, 1:09 am
Thumbs up

Droopy
January 15, 2004, 10:58 am
Yeah! If ppl don't want to use jets they just won't use it! If they don't want to use this move, I guess they'll just have to die alot!

But I think most of us like this idea! So if anyone doesn't like it, rise your hand pls!

And since I don't see a single hand.. Mich(Michal if you're that dumb) start working on it.. pls!

kevith
January 15, 2004, 3:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?
i really don't see what it will be used for besides people wanting to add flare to capping though =/
isn't that enough? [:P] But I think it could be quite useful in dodging bullets.

BeTeL
January 16, 2004, 12:06 am
make it double left or right click! to all soldater worried about maybe going to lie down... yer gonna get used to it and never do it anymore unless u want... just like getting used to a new gun:D

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 16, 2004, 12:45 am
double left click for me tends to fire my gun twice... i dunno about you...

but the value here is possible when you're in a sniper duel or some guys aiming a LAW at you; you can simply double tap the key you have set to "moveleft" and your character will dive to the left, hitting the ground prone and possibly saving you a 5 second trip to soldatian-afterlife.

that is what i had in mind. oh, and style is an integral part of soldat; whats cooler than capping the flag "super-man style"?

RDrull
January 16, 2004, 3:19 am
quote:Originally posted by eyic
i think its an ok idea, but i'd get really pissed if i just double click the left or right button twice by accident, then my soldat jumps and falls like an idiot.

I think this would be good as a personal option in the options place :)

I agreee! [IMAGE] It is a good Idia! Make it a personal option.

Roy
January 16, 2004, 10:24 am
What? Why not just speed up how fast you go prone, and maybe make it a little longer to unprone? This move seems identical to the simple act of jumping forward and proning in the air. The only thing I could see giving a dive an advantage over normal prone is if it were done faster, which you could alleviate by making the normal prone faster instead.

If you mean you want your guy to actually leap forward... why not have a leap forward command instead of a leap forward prone command? I suppose it's too much of a mental challenge to leap forward AND press prone at the same time so you want one key for both? In my opinion it's better to have lots of different actions you can combine in various ways than making everything as easy for the retards as possible. The problem with a leap forward, however, would be it basically replacing running. People already hold down "jump" so they can run faster; with leap forward, people would just hold leap forward down and rocket along. In fact, the normal jump is great as a "leap forward" as long as you're actually pressing forward.

So just jump forward + prone at the same time, and BAM you have your dive.

So what's the point?

Inquisitor
January 16, 2004, 12:31 pm
i like it too.

gunny
January 16, 2004, 9:40 pm
quote:
z = left pounce
c = right pounce
h = moonwalk

oh the possibilitys.

we can already do the moon walk
just press /smoke and then hold the walk right/left button
while holding the walk right/left press enter and keep holding the button down.
it's the closest thing to the moonwalk

Sekushi
January 17, 2004, 3:02 am
Lol, the pounce bit sounds like a good idea. But how far would you go?

Alamo
January 18, 2004, 1:53 am
Well i think this is a very good idea...
*looks to the sky*
*folds hands*
Michal! Plz implement that :D

Sekushi
January 18, 2004, 6:50 am
Yes Michal, O creator of thine gameth. Bestow upon us thine grace by henceforth implementing this wonderful technique into thy gameth.

villekallio
January 18, 2004, 10:50 am
I'll just use run+jump+prone.

sqweek
January 18, 2004, 3:20 pm
I'd prefer double-tap to a dive key... I've got no spare keys handy that would be reasonable for movement ;)

Sekushi
January 18, 2004, 7:00 pm
Ooh, yeah. Double-tap would be easier. I was trying to use the Z+C keys, just to see what it's be like, it's a bit uncomfortable. Double-tapping would solve that.

Inquisitor
January 19, 2004, 6:10 pm
I would prefer key combinations. (like pressing left 2 times)

Sekushi
January 19, 2004, 6:46 pm
Yeah, it'd be less stress on the hands. Maybe in 1.2.2

2k34o
January 20, 2004, 7:02 pm
what i love with soldat is the moves... the grafiks... alltough there is only one "move" and that is rolling so why dont make some more =)
oh almost forgot... the animations and the motion.

lava
January 24, 2004, 8:50 pm
its take several years from now to be implemented

AerialAssault
February 1, 2004, 12:22 am
y not get a running start, jump up hit the prone button and jet.

Spike
February 1, 2004, 4:44 pm
I like it you should be able to have it double tap or assign a diff button for it though. I like the idea of a quick double tap though :) Very cool idea

Gaah
February 2, 2004, 10:18 am
I have had an idea that's kinda the same, except it involved jetpack. You press a button/double tap jetpack/whatever and it uses all your jetpack, rocketing you up into the sky. An eject button, if you like.

Koraktor
February 2, 2004, 3:47 pm
maybe dive=prone+direction