( search forums )
DNAGames ping kick
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
M
January 13, 2004, 8:33 pm
PLEASE change it to a larger amount because i always get ping kicked.[:-banghead][:-banghead]

Hanz
January 13, 2004, 8:41 pm
Im with you M. I have relatively good ping but it spikes. I get kicked from a lot of servers because of it. Please change it!

Hitman
January 13, 2004, 9:27 pm
People have asked to have this done before and its never happened (not to my knowledge).

AerialAssault
January 13, 2004, 9:35 pm
do u lag on the server M? i have no idea where Fyro Macidonia is nor did i know of such a country 0.o

M
January 13, 2004, 10:30 pm
I lag sometiems but not always.

DNA.styx
January 13, 2004, 10:37 pm
The DNAGames server is for local players with low pings, anyone with a ping higher than 200 is best to find another server to play on...one closer to them.

People have asked to have this done before and its never happened (not to my knowledge).
Yup, infact the last time the ping kick was changed it was lowered from 300 to 200...

Hitman
January 13, 2004, 10:39 pm
Oh ok, it did happen...and its not going to happen again, so give up!

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 14, 2004, 12:21 am
how does the ping kick system work anyways? i looked at a few server logs and as
far as i can tell, this is how it works:

pings from all players are constantly recorded.

everytime time an the ping form one player exceeds a certain threshold (the ping kick value)
that player recieves a ping warning; you don't see it, the server just keep track of
the number of ping warnings.

once a player has too many ping warnings, that player is kicked for X amount of minutes.

i believe that warnings are decreased by one every so often, else players who have been
connected to servers for extended periods of time would be kicked due to random ping
spikes happening every few hours, or other indeterminable length of time apart.

Mr G
January 14, 2004, 6:20 pm
quote:PLEASE change it to a larger amount because i always get ping kicked
quote:People have asked to have this done before and its never happened (not to my knowledge).
quote:Yup, infact the last time the ping kick was changed it was lowered from 300 to 200...
quote:Oh ok, it did happen...and its not going to happen again, so give up!

IT(to change the ping kick bigger) did NOT happen, it was just lowered