( search forums )
Save settings?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
peemonkey
January 14, 2004, 3:02 am
Why doesnt soldat save your settings after you turn it back on after playing? it really pisses me off when im playin 20 zombie bots, and I have to re-check each and every one of them every time i wanna play some more. is bullshi7!...soooo....does anyone know a reason why it doesnt do this? I [:-skull]demand[:-skull] a "save bot sttings" checkbox, so i can quickly get to the zombie shooting/knifeing/sawing! This is not a suggestion, so dont move it there please.[:-crazy]

Hitman
January 14, 2004, 2:09 pm
Do you close Soldat by pressing Alt - f4 because I think that if you close it like that while in game play it doesn't save the settings. I think you actually have to quit to the main menu and then exit, then I think it will save your settings. Try it a couple of times.

peemonkey
January 14, 2004, 5:18 pm
i do quit with the menu..it never saves my settingswhen it comes to teh bots, teh sounds and teh bot intellegence. ARG

Hitman
January 14, 2004, 5:22 pm
Hmmm, strange, are you registered?

peemonkey
January 14, 2004, 7:40 pm
should i be?

Hitman
January 14, 2004, 10:37 pm
Don't know, I just thought that, that might be an option for registered users.

n00bface
January 15, 2004, 1:59 am
Nope, doesn't work for me or my good buddy code, either. -> Perhaps this should be a suggestion?

peemonkey
January 15, 2004, 5:39 pm
perhaps it should...

DNA.styx
January 15, 2004, 8:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
This is not a suggestion, so dont move it there please.[:-crazy]
Make up your mind will ya :)

peemonkey
January 15, 2004, 9:12 pm
well i thought it was a bug! aint my fault...oh wait, it is. nevermind. move it...i dont care about that anymore. i just want to be able to save my settings.

peemonkey
January 15, 2004, 9:18 pm
dang. that was the quickest one yet styx.

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 16, 2004, 12:55 am
erm... bots...
what can i say?

peemonkey
January 16, 2004, 7:57 pm
what can you say? nothing helpful apperently. bots are good for practice, and people who dont/cant play online. my ping is shi7, so i prefer bots. got a problem with that? let's 1 on 1 then.

DesFS
January 17, 2004, 2:35 am
bots. cannon fodder. let them go first and get killed then you capture the flag. Anyways, yeah, soldat doesn't save what bots you check (if u selected specific bots), but it remembers the number of random bots, the map, and the mode of play.

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 17, 2004, 2:39 am
don't get so defensive -_-

i mean... bots? roger that.

Sekushi
January 17, 2004, 3:04 am
Lol, bots are like mothers, when all the other players go to bed, your good old bot-mom is there to play with you. :D

peemonkey
January 17, 2004, 4:26 am
yea, well mine try to kill me with chainsaws. does your mom do that to you?

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 18, 2004, 4:56 am
lol@^, funny sh!t.
but...
i don't get how chainsaw-bot-mothers improve your playing abilities. i mean, how often do you get in chainsaw fights with
other players online that merely walk back and forth in a pathetic attempt to lop your head off?

peemonkey
January 18, 2004, 6:11 am
it's for fun. not neccessarily practice. like, with a samuri mod, you can have em fight each other with seaming skill, it's pretty fun. It's not like i really need practice anyway, it's just for fun