( search forums )
Something on my mind
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
?
January 14, 2004, 10:07 pm
This started when the "God... really?" thread was made, i know everyone has their own beliefs, i respect that but i jsut think that alot of people in these forums feel its necissary to try and dissprove everything but what they belive. There was tons of this in the "God.. Really"" thread, i do not want to sound dramatic here but it seemed like everyone gets mad at someone here if they say they are a christain. I know teh internet is not the most tolerant place one can go and people have gotten mad at me for saying i am a christian in a other game before, many times actually, i just wanted to say that cause its been in the back of my mind for a while.

SuperKill
January 14, 2004, 10:16 pm
k ;\

Aquarius
January 14, 2004, 10:19 pm
That's because most of us are fanatic michalists [;)]

BMF
January 14, 2004, 10:36 pm
hmm what is the point in this?

T you never replied to that PM i sent you

Sabotai
January 14, 2004, 11:11 pm
I agree, but you have to vent sometimes.

?
January 14, 2004, 11:24 pm
i thought i did

juice _ box
January 14, 2004, 11:28 pm
quote: if they say they are a christain.

I think christianity is a burden on humanity. Many others would agree, but I wouldn't push my beliefs on anyone else, like most christians do.

frogboy
January 14, 2004, 11:47 pm
I'll agree. If the christian extremists hadn't destroyed Egypt, we'd be years ahead in history.

Chakra
January 15, 2004, 12:30 am
...bra's would be shaped like pyramids.

gi.joe
January 15, 2004, 12:53 am
frogboy u are an idiot...

christian extremists destroyed egypt...

right......

uve been inhaling too many fumes from that glue stick of yours man.

christianity is most certainly NOT a burden on humanity. it may have been one in past centuries but at the moment no one really gives a crap about what the pope and the church have to say. Ive never had pple gettin mad at me for saying that I am infact a christian myself.

frogboy
January 15, 2004, 1:10 am
Uh... thats what our history teacher said.

wormdundee
January 15, 2004, 1:19 am
dude uh seriously, if you think your history teacher knows everything perfectly, and everything he says is true..well uh...your wrong im pretty sure

Sabotai
January 15, 2004, 2:00 am
I say that religion shouldn't be forced....and shouldn't be preached to non-believers. Just worship in a small/large community who has teh same beliefs. Other wise people get offended.

?
January 15, 2004, 2:07 am
i havn't forced anyone

Essentle
January 15, 2004, 2:18 am
Im a christian, but im going to church only about 1 time in 2 years..

?
January 15, 2004, 2:35 am
although its good to go to church its not perfect atendance that gets you to heaven =)

Chakra
January 15, 2004, 2:36 am
SINNER!!

morpheus
January 15, 2004, 2:39 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboy
Uh... thats what our history teacher said.

he was reading from the book of exodus

AerialAssault
January 15, 2004, 2:55 am
there is no god, its just like santa, he was made up by a superior authority to make u behave so that u would be rewarded for good and punished for bad, religion = ignorance, dying will be like a dreamless sleep

juice _ box
January 15, 2004, 4:38 am
AerialAssault: Exactly.

n00bface
January 15, 2004, 5:07 am
How do you explain the universe? ..There are some things that can't be explained, I understand people think they know what is and isn't... I'm not a very religious person, but it's nice to believe there is an after life, where everything is perfect knowing you'll still have a mind beyond body... It's fun to believe, just like when we were children we loved hearing and believing stories about santa... I don't think Soldat Forums is a good place to talk about religion, not even the misc/lounge/bash pit...

And also, please don't flame me for post.. just leave it be..

juice _ box
January 15, 2004, 6:26 am
Hmm, its a hard one to tackle, but... I don't want to offend llama so I'll remain quiet.

EDIT: Here's a good question for you all. Lets say a child was born on an island, on that island the people beleived in the god... M and since the child didn't know that the "christain" god existed, which led to lack of belief. is he going to hell?

LumpyFerret
January 15, 2004, 10:18 am
you cant just say that someone is "going to hell" when they die...
this is just my opinion here but...
Unless someone is killed instantly or something like that, think of it this way for a moment.

Upon the moment of death..If you knew it was coming,
say you had a deadly disease / got injured / your old.. whatever..

your going to die right and you have time to think about the fact that you are about to die / think about your life.

and if you look back and know yourself enough to say..
I have lead a good life and I am a good person..
then Yes..
You are going to heaven / shangrilah / mecca...whatever..as in whatever you perceive heaven to be because you YOURSELF beleive that you have lead a good life and that you will not go into death with a guilty concience..

right??

and ofcourse if someone was a scumbag / prisoner whatever..
when they thought back on there life they would realise what a waste of space they had been.
Would you define that as hell..
or someone worthy of going to hell?

So untill anyone has actually experienced death or the after life..wheres the proof of anything..so thats pretty much all you have to rely on..

Heaven or no heaven / whatever magical place with twenty virgins..bRAINWASHED FOOOLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...(just had to say that)

heaven or no heaven..
have you led a good life?

?
January 15, 2004, 9:07 pm
jiuce:The Bible said that everyone shall be told about God in somehow, its jsut what i believe. sorry for making another stupid disscusion thread i didn't mean to i jsut wanted to speak my mind

gi.joe
January 16, 2004, 1:30 am
I agree with Lumpeh on this one..

if u have led a good life and have been a good person at heart, you have guaranteed your passage into heaven/nirvana/ whatever u want to think of it as.