( search forums )
Game Ranking
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
n00bface
January 15, 2004, 6:05 am
My suggestion is to have the players rank under his name...
It would be most useful in deathmatch where you would put your crossfire over it (where you would see their name [and health if they're on your team in ctf]) and it would also show their rank under it... Just thought it would handy so you don't have to f1 and count the places -> I like checking ranks in game for better bragging.

Just a thought.

I also got an ODBC timeout when I did search.asp, so don't flame me for this suggestion (Ermm.. you can flame me if it's a bad idea, but not if it's already been suggested.. in the case that it has, just lock this >:[)

lol, also posted in the wrong forum first. bah.

RDrull
January 15, 2004, 6:14 am
I like it! But I Dont like it[IMAGE] hmm! I think I like it becouse I want to like it but at the same time I think its stuped. I cant make up my mind. So i'll go whit I dont like the idia becous I dont like all that extra staf on the screen.

juice _ box
January 15, 2004, 8:24 am
Meh, Ive got a neutral opinion towards this. I've always been capable of fliping the scores on and off really fast, but if other can benifit, i say go for it.

n00bface
January 15, 2004, 9:38 am
i don't mean seeing their scores, I mean their rank.. like player1 has 104 points, and player2 has 120 points, so when you scroll over player1's name, it says rank: #2.. etc....

kevith
January 15, 2004, 3:11 pm
I like the idea... any extra information can be helpful... but I don't really pay attention to points during the game anyway. I usually only hit F1 to see if the teams are even in ctf. I see how it could be more useful in DM though.

kkazican
January 15, 2004, 4:54 pm
I myself don't really care because as far as I'm concerned if I'm not in first I'm behind.

peemonkey
January 15, 2004, 5:44 pm
yea, seriously. if you need to see who's first, be first. it's not hard.

?
January 15, 2004, 8:54 pm
its an ok idea im not against it being is soldat, so yeah it coudl work =D

n00bface
January 15, 2004, 11:13 pm
I don't care about my rank.. I just look for someone who's doing bad and b00t them from my server to let a friend in [:P] That's where I got this idea... lol....

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 16, 2004, 12:54 am
wait. this ranking helps you... how? worrying about rank is no way to win a DM.

n00bface
January 16, 2004, 1:02 am
Well, when you press f1, everyother game lists a number by a name, saying like 1), 2), 3), etc... I understand soldat is not every other game, but every other game added it for a reason.

..erm, a good one.

DesFS
January 16, 2004, 6:54 pm
In DM, you don't care what position you are in, except that you have more kills than everyone else.

It really doesn't matter to me.