( search forums )
Please be respectful in your clan
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Clan Recruitment
Snowden
January 15, 2004, 6:05 am
First and foremost Soldat is supposed to be fun. Clans are meant to be even funner than regular Soldat because you are backed by a team you know and trust, not random goofballs like a public server. In the same vein, clanship should also be an escape from the endless whining you can be sure to find in a public server. "Snowden is invincible! speedhack! cheater!", "he's using a mini! NOOB!", etc. While Soldat is obviously an agressive game (limbs flying, piss mixed with blood) and aggressive comments are sure to follow, to me, being in a clan should be different. Clans are for people who can see past the testosterone filled nature of the game and focus on strategies and teamplay. They're for someone who actually wants to learn from their mistakes instead of calling their victor a faggot and being a jerk out of spite. In a clan you should be professional and respectful because obviously if you are in a clan you see something more to this game than an outlet to call strangers on the internet names.

However, in my short experience in a clan most of the time the respect isn't there, and I'm sure some of you have noticed this in your own engagements. Why does it matter? What difference does refraining from a saying a little "ffs" make? Because it all culminates, and the lack of respect eventually ends in people saying "Screw this" and leaving the match, people getting kicked, and a general bitterness between the clans. That isn't fun at all.

Please try not to say the following things during a match (before, during, after):
ffs
OMG
OWNED
lag
barretard (or any variant for any weapon)
hit

When you say these things you are just whining in your opponent's eyes, and it's also an insult of skill, whether directly ("barretard")or indirectly ("lag", or in expanded form, the-only-reason-you-killed-me-is-because-of-lag). Eventually it just builds up and everyone gets pissed off.

"Hit"? Wow, you can aim. No one cares. There is no reason why you should try to protect your precious eliteness by declaring your hits each time. There is this very simple concept the general Soldat community fails to grasp over and over and over again. It's called LAG. Everyone has it, shut up about losing your hits because of it and move on.

Please try not to whine in general, and don't whine about whining. In fact, here's an idea: HOW ABOUT NOT TALKING AT ALL DURING THE MATCH? Really, try it. Focus on your gameplay and communicating with your team instead, and if they're the ones whining ignore it. Chances are you will play better AND still be on talking terms with your opponent! WEEE.

After the match, please don't try to justify your loss. Server was laggy? Spawning without weapon? Fine. Keep it to yourself. But a win is a win. Don't try to justify it with things like "They all used barret, that's the only reason they won", "They all camped!". By agreeing on the match you obviously agreed to have barret enabled. Respect their win, however dirty their tactics were, and learn from your mistakes, preferably in an postgame discussion with your clan. Each dirty tactic your opponent uses has a weakness, and if you can't take advantage of them it's your own fault. You shouldn't burden your opponents with your bitterness because of your own incompetence, but you also shouldn't just bottle it up and form a grudge against that clan. Accept your loss, respect their win, and move on.

After the match, this is what you say: gg. If you don't feel it was a good game then you have the option to not say anything at all. It may be tempting to say things like "OWNED" and "RAPED", but please, save it for the public servers. All it does is negatively influence future matches. "HAHA you got raped", "WTF, we owned your ass last night idiot", "and?". Shut up.

If for some reason the match was interupted (server going down) please don't say things like "We would have won anyways :p". Although this may be the case, and your opponent may even agree with you, all it does is build up unneccesary tension that will be brought out later in pointless arguments.

For your own good, don't say things that starts with "I never...", "I didn't...", and please don't say "I own you". All it does is make you look like a hypocrite, if not now then in the future when you are caught doing those things. You're a fool if you think you're better than anyone else in any way. It will hurt all the more worse when you are proved wrong, and trust me, you will be proved wrong. So don't set yourself up for failure in the first place.

If you are an admin of a server, try not to be a jackass. Don't kick people, the only reason I can see to kick someone would be if they are cheating, in which case the entire match should be cancelled anyways. If they are talking smack, just ignore it. Kicking a player just spoils the match for everybody, including your team. There is no satisfaction in winning if you know a deciding factor was the other team's player getting kicked out. Also, if you run the server but aren't in the match do not do server messages, or any other kind of intervention. It's distracting, condescending, and quite rude.

Please don't go prancing around harassing the public servers just because your clanmembers aren't there to see you. You represent your clan to the rest of the world, so when you are abusing poly bugs and camping out the ass on a public you create a bad image for your whole clan. However, if you observe this behavior from a single member of a clan don't assume they are all like that.

Please, when you play in a match, practice or otherwise, play your hardest. It is unfair to think you are better than your clanmates to not play your best for them all the time just because you're lazy or think it isn't worth it. Furthermore, it's frustrating to work your heart out and win, just to be told "Oh, I wasn't even playing serious." Seriously, if you have to cover up your own incompetence with some vision of unrealized greatness you have some personal issues to work out with yourself.

Please try not to directly blame your clanmates for anything, especially during a match. "OMG WTF is your problem you idiot! you should have returned the flag! arg!". Be constructive towards them AFTER the match if you notice some areas they were slipping in. If it is so bad you need to flame your own teammate during the game then go through the steps to get them voted out of the clan. Otherwise, realize that everyone makes mistakes and there is only room for improvement, not worthless blame. In fact, if you make a mistake, ADMIT it in the postgame discussion with your clan so they don't have to assign blame for you. You should be mature enough to realize your own mistakes.

It never hurts to say "ns" here and there, especially when they deserve it.

I can't think of any more. Please don't start [:-censored] with me in this thread about my clan phx or PC, or anyone else's clans. This is from me to Soldat, not PC to Soldat. In fact, to be honest, a good portion of this post was inspired from my own clan. But that doesn't mean you can start [:-censored] in this thread about my clan. Which leads me to a final plea:

Don't start flame wars in the forums. It leads to nothing but [:-censored]. More importantly, don't feed the flames. You are only satisfying your rival by making yourself look like a jackass trying to defend yourself from his own remarks. So just ignore it. Don't start threads like "OMG so-and-so is a camper clan!".

I know it's long, but if you took the time to read it I commend you.

[:o)]

Edit: Edited each section but more importantly changed the concluding smiley.

fabmanx
January 15, 2004, 6:21 am
Well said...

BMF
January 15, 2004, 6:40 am
i am glad you are in my clan bro

SBaL
January 15, 2004, 7:02 am
another noble attempt at making the game more fun...
but OMG, you're gonna get FLAMED for this !

anyway... I just LOVE the "no-talking-at-all" part during a match :)
(as long as I can still use the regular "lol","n1","ns" etc.)

however... there's a lot of obvious stuff in there some people just will never understand...
its a valiant effort, but, kinda pointless I'm afraid...

Aquarius
January 15, 2004, 8:05 am
Don't tell me what to do and what is right.

eyic
January 15, 2004, 8:22 am
Snowden, thanks for making this topic, I hate it when I beat somone at soldat, that I really hate, and they just blabber about them not playing "seriously" 0.o

Infact about this clan thing, i think i want to make a clan again, which will hopefully last more than 5 months :P

palloco
January 15, 2004, 8:22 am
Yeah man, you are right.

frogboy
January 15, 2004, 8:29 am
There are other reasons to kick someone: a) excessive whining/cursing/being-a-moron; b) afking and taking up spots.

Where would we be without talking ingame? Well, no-one gets warnings, everyone's confused about where the flag is, no warnings about where enemies are, talking is part of strategy. Thats why there's team chat.

ThaD
January 15, 2004, 8:33 am
now whats wrong with: "ffs" and "omg"?

>>- Never say something that starts with "I never...", "I didn't...",

even: "OMG i didn't turn off lights in my car!!!"? lol

besides i agree with most of what u've said

Fara_ownz
January 15, 2004, 11:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
Don't tell me what to do and what is right.

My thoughts exactly, if im in a clan i follow the clans guidelines but otherwise i do what i want. I think ur taking soldat too seriously and need to chill out. It is a game after all but i dont really like people preaching what i can and cant do.

This isnt a flame, its just my point of view and no i dont agree with u about everything u said, otherwise the soldat community would be very boring [;)]

Chakra
January 15, 2004, 12:02 pm
I think i'll print this off and read it on the shltter...ain't no way i'm gonna scroll through all that in one sitting.

BMF
January 15, 2004, 3:36 pm
you do that Chak

El_Mariachi
January 15, 2004, 4:00 pm
Hey Snowy, nice post, lots of good things, altho, I must argue with u on some points.

---
After the match, don't try to justify your loss. Server was laggy? Spawning without weapon? Fine. Keep it to yourself. But DON'T try to justify it with things like "They all used barret, that's the only reason they won", "They all camped!". By agreeing on the match you obviously agreed to have barret enabled. Respect their win, however dirty their tactics were, and learn from your mistakes, preferably in an postgame discussion with your clan. Each dirty tactic your opponent uses has a weakness, and if you can't take advantage of them it's your own fault. You shouldn't burden your opponents with your bitterness because of your own incompetence, but you also shouldn't just bottle it up and form a grudge against that clan. Accept your loss, respect their win, and move on.
---

Well, I do agree that one should always move on after a loss, no need to cling on to the past, still, If i was to play at an american server, i wud no doubt have crappy ping, and my chance of winning wud be slightly less. If I would comment on the fact that it was laggy, I wud do so in order to maybe next time play in a location with better ping, not to demean the win of another player.

---
Your guidleines for being a serveradmin I dont agree with. I host the much to my happiness appreciated "no bawett" server.
Everyone who joins gets the welcome message "be nice or be kicked". So if someone pops in and starts saying things like "jew fag gay" etc etc, he is going to go, of course i usually try to warn them before, but more often than not, they insist on using those words that i dont appreciate one bit, at least not when they are used as a curse. Am i being rude here, dont think so?
Also, I usually asks if there are any afk´s, cheaters or bug abusers and kick them out also. If there is someone i know on my server, maybe i will say hi or sumfing, and i think that a majority of the players will not rule that rude.

Having said this, once again i compliment u on a good post, hopefully a few will take some of it to heart.

/Mariachi

ps. how abouts a friendly cw sometime in the near future? ds

Snowden
January 15, 2004, 4:45 pm
Thanks for the comments.

quote:There are other reasons to kick someone: a) excessive whining/cursing/being-a-moron; b) afking and taking up spots.

quote:Everyone who joins gets the welcome message "be nice or be kicked". So if someone pops in and starts saying things like "jew fag gay" etc etc, he is going to go, of course i usually try to warn them before, but more often than not, they insist on using those words that i dont appreciate one bit, at least not when they are used as a curse. Am i being rude here, dont think so?
Also, I usually asks if there are any afk´s, cheaters or bug abusers and kick them out also. If there is someone i know on my server, maybe i will say hi or sumfing, and i think that a majority of the players will not rule that rude.
I'm talking about in a private, passworded server where only certain people are expected to be. I assume it's pretty rare for someone to be afk in a match, but if it happens I agree they should be kicked so room can be made for another clan member to replace them. With regards to someone being blatantly racist or handing out personal, low-blow attacks, I agree they should be kicked. But with them goes the match.

quote:Don't tell me what to do and what is right.
quote:It is a game after all but i dont really like people preaching what i can and cant do.

I didn't mean to be as forcing as I was. I've edited my entire post to reflect this. You don't have to listen to me, but a lot of it is just plain common courtesy so I don't see why not.

quote: I think ur taking soldat too seriously and need to chill out.
I think everyone is taking Soldat right to their balls and needs to chill out.

SuperKill
January 15, 2004, 4:49 pm
very nice of you to post that.. really
but still i'd like to play my way ;example, if i hit someone 1 sec before the match ended and he had the flag, and the hit didnt registered.. and he capped...............and they won, i really have to say "goddamn that so hit you.."

;P
and yea whoever says the word "barretard" is umm, gay =(

Essentle
January 15, 2004, 6:05 pm
Bravo [:D] [:)]

Outcast
January 15, 2004, 6:55 pm
I so pWn j00.

BMF
January 15, 2004, 6:59 pm
Outcast i thought you quit eh?

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 15, 2004, 11:18 pm
Basically everything you have said seems like "How to conduct yourself and not be an ass." Personally, I think it's common sense.

Spectral
January 15, 2004, 11:52 pm
unfortunately the majority of players have little sense.

Marbire
January 16, 2004, 1:49 am
Well said Snowden.

I could learn a thing or two from you.

BMF
January 16, 2004, 4:51 am
we all could lol

Kazuki
January 16, 2004, 5:10 am
Hehehe, it's so true, you know? But uh, a lot of all that has to do with Soldat glitches. When 1.2 comes out and someone says "FFS, that hit!" you know they be lyin ;) Not to whine or anything, but I really hate how ppl gt so emotional in Soldat. So you lose a match, big deal. The whole point is to have fun, but no one really realizes it anymore. All they care about is winning. I mean really, why cant clans just gather and play a game for fun? Anyway, I agree with Snowden on everything except the no talking thing. Yes, there should be restrictions, but there are good things to say like "NS" or even "lol." Unfortunately, you barely ever see those anymore, and there is much more of "OMFG", "FFS", and "HIT!"

SuperKill
January 16, 2004, 10:27 am
"...Hehehe, it's so true, you know? But uh, a lot of all that has to do with Soldat glitches. When 1.2 comes out and someone says "FFS, that hit!" you know they be lyin ;) ..."

what the hell are you trying to say here ?

eyic
January 16, 2004, 10:37 am
how will they be lieing? dude 1.2 is glitch ful, and i doubt michal can fix all the current bugs in the beta

Meandor
January 16, 2004, 12:40 pm
OMFGLOLOL THIS IS STUPID XD
( Not that i disagree, but people don't change because you tell them how to behave )

El_Mariachi
January 16, 2004, 1:08 pm
also, nothing changes if no one tries to. Keep it up Snowden.
/mariachi

Kazuki
January 16, 2004, 1:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by eyic
how will they be lieing? dude 1.2 is glitch ful, and i doubt michal can fix all the current bugs in the beta

I have no idea what 1.2 is like so I'm not gonna say anything about it. But if its gonna be as good as Michal says itll be, glitches shouldnt be a problem. Back on topic though, ppl just have to realize how stupid they really are :P If you can find a way to make them do that, then the problem is pretty much solved.

eyic
January 16, 2004, 1:54 pm
oh ok, lol i thought u were a beta tester 0.o

SoldatStriker
January 17, 2004, 4:52 pm
Topic made into a sticky. We can all learn from Snowden's guidelines.

Phoenix Star of PBC
January 27, 2004, 1:54 am
You obviously don't have dial-up and don't experience the amount of lag that I do. I REALLY want high speed, but I can't get it because of the cost.

Phoenix Star of PBC
January 27, 2004, 2:00 am
quote:It never hurts to say "ns" here and there, especially when they deserve it.

NS.

Phoenix Star of PBC
January 27, 2004, 2:04 am
quote:When you say these things you are just whining in your opponent's eyes, and it's also an insult of skill, whether directly ("barretard")or indirectly ("lag", or in expanded form, the-only-reason-you-killed-me-is-because-of-lag). Eventually it just builds up and everyone gets pissed off.

Not quite. The lag itself is enough to get people to leave the server, or start flaming each other. Also, you forgot a word that you should never use in a server: dial-up. That's another way of saying you lag. Sure enough, this is the second most common word I say in a server, next to lag.

Phoenix Star of PBC
January 27, 2004, 2:08 am
Also, the only people that can get away with a barret have high speed. Dial-up lags too much. That's why, in general, Barret should be disabled for servers with a ping kick set to 300 ms or greater. Sometimes, dial-up users hate barret because they get shot with it too often, and it can't be avoided.

matapatos
February 5, 2004, 11:50 pm
Snowden,you said your oponion,but how da hell you know other clans wanna work like that?i mean,the clans are suposed to conect a bunch ofguys into a commun "culture" in the game.how da hell you expect that if you are saying to keep the mouth shut all the time?there will be no diference between clans,and clans will become less funny. While in other games all the clans have diferent caracteristics,and you know them for their diferent caracteristics,now you have diferent clans that behave in the same way.the only diference is that some are better then others.

and how do you expect them to know each other,if they dont speak?

LOL,i dont see any problem of somebody saying "you only hit me cuz of lag". lol,i would hit him again,or not. it would end with some lols,nothing more.

im not in a clan,in this game.But clans work in the same way for every games.

chodaboy
February 7, 2004, 6:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Snowden
In a clan you should be professional and respectful because obviously if you are in a clan you see something more to this game than an outlet to call strangers on the internet names.

you are definately a h0m0. if you're in a clan to be proper and respectful then you're a [:-censored]ing drone. soldat's about senseless killing and fun. not being "professional." you can still be professional but in a fun sense. acting respectful? you make me want to [:-censored].

quote:[Originally posted by Snowden[/i]
They're for someone who actually wants to learn from their mistakes instead of calling their victor a faggot and being a jerk out of spite.

learn from their mistakes? go to hell d00d. and being a jerk isn't out of spite, it comes naturally. of course you call the victor a faggot. or wait, if im in a clan, should i say "Nice shot! I wish I could shoot as good as you! You're my idol!" no wait, i'll say "u r teh suxor. f46."

eat [:-censored].

SuperKill
February 7, 2004, 6:39 pm
let me guess.. youre banned from counterstrike

R
February 7, 2004, 7:34 pm
yea...chodaboy i think u need to go back to your other games..

Hercule Poirot
February 8, 2004, 8:44 am
harrrrrrrr didn't notice this topic when i get out of army well...

Snowden said many great things

-----
Please try not to say the following things during a match (before, during, after):
ffs OMG OWNED lag hit
------

well i have said almost all in clanmathes and all in public servers but if i say like OMG! it has do something funny like two barret guys running down and killing both on same time or when im nading up and get killed by my own nade so usually i use FFS and OMG when i have make stupid mistake like killed myself or didnt return flag i dont mean that to others just to myself and what comes to lag i whined lot of it when i started playing but now i don't see any reason to say it much becouse i play with modem with ping 200-400 it always lag OWNED i use that much in public servers :P k i'll try to not use it so much anymore i try to always play public server good dont whine dont badmouth other players but it can't be easy if theres player like SHAY/TomPenny calling you all the time "SON OF A B1TCH" or "G4Y" and so on but i have my limits too listening bullsh1t and when it's start to get really annoying you better find rock and hide behind it...

-----
Please try not to whine in general, and don't whine about whining. In fact, here's an idea: HOW ABOUT NOT TALKING AT ALL DURING THE MATCH? Really, try it. Focus on your gameplay and communicating with your team instead, and if they're the ones whining ignore it. Chances are you will play better AND still be on talking terms with your opponent! WEEE.
-----

That's what i try to do i don't talk much in game becouse after all it's game you come there to play not to chat you can chat in irc/messenger and so on soldat=for playing irc/messenger=for chatting but it's not funny when theres clanwar 3vs3 and 2 of your clan mates are whining and badmouthing other clan and even when you say them to stfu and play they just continue talking and then only thing you can do is to 3vs1 and defend flag this has happend to me :(

-----
After the match, this is what you say: gg. If you don't feel it was a good game then you have the option to not say anything at all. It may be tempting to say things like "OWNED" and "RAPED", but please, save it for the public servers. All it does is negatively influence future matches. "HAHA you got raped", "WTF, we owned your ass last night idiot", "and?". Shut up.
-----

well even i feel it was good game i dont usually say it somethimes i say it somethimes not OWNED in cw i try to use it only when caps are like 10-0 or 28-0 x)

-----
Please don't go prancing around harassing the public servers just because your clanmembers aren't there to see you. You represent your clan to the rest of the world, so when you are abusing poly bugs and camping out the ass on a public you create a bad image for your whole clan. However, if you observe this behavior from a single member of a clan don't assume they are all like that.
-----

myself i think i behave good on public servers i dont much whine on lag don't badmouth other players try to swear only little "abusing poly bugs" oh boy my favorite subject i love them in 1.15 theres was like over 70 bugs in 1.2 only few i never used them in when we played clanwars but in 1.15 i used them in public server but only in run/kampf/b2b maps i know its lame 1.2 when we play b2b i usually hide with flag up on team spawn point with m79 or hide in polygon i have stopped this becouse when other ppl see it they start making that too hiding with flag so for now on i try not to use these bug while playing public servers or use minigun flying in b2b

-----
Please try not to directly blame your clanmates for anything, especially during a match. "OMG WTF is your problem you idiot! you should have returned the flag! arg!". Be constructive towards them AFTER the match if you notice some areas they were slipping in. If it is so bad you need to flame your own teammate during the game then go through the steps to get them voted out of the clan. Otherwise, realize that everyone makes mistakes and there is only room for improvement, not worthless blame. In fact, if you make a mistake, ADMIT it in the postgame discussion with your clan so they don't have to assign blame for you. You should be mature enough to realize your own mistakes.
-----

i have only in one map said these things but when you're playing 3vs1 i bet you would do the same when they are just talking so when some member of my clan returns flag i say GJ

-----
-----

that's true ppl used to say NS to me i dont much use it even other player killed me good but i use it somethimes if someone kills me on knife like in air then i usually say "nice throw" or "nt"

-----
Don't start flame wars in the forums. It leads to nothing but . More importantly, don't feed the flames. You are only satisfying your rival by making yourself look like a jackass trying to defend yourself from his own remarks. So just ignore it. Don't start threads like "OMG so-and-so is a camper clan!".
-----

true why cant they talk these things in irc / private message and not making topics like "we wonned it was your first loss" then all ppl start thinking who is right did they loss and so on...

NeoSoldier
March 1, 2004, 8:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by chodaboy
quote:Originally posted by Snowden
In a clan you should be professional and respectful because obviously if you are in a clan you see something more to this game than an outlet to call strangers on the internet names.

you are definately a h0m0. if you're in a clan to be proper and respectful then you're a [:-censored]ing drone. soldat's about senseless killing and fun. not being "professional." you can still be professional but in a fun sense. acting respectful? you make me want to [:-censored].

quote:[Originally posted by Snowden[/i]
They're for someone who actually wants to learn from their mistakes instead of calling their victor a faggot and being a jerk out of spite.

learn from their mistakes? go to hell d00d. and being a jerk isn't out of spite, it comes naturally. of course you call the victor a faggot. or wait, if im in a clan, should i say "Nice shot! I wish I could shoot as good as you! You're my idol!" no wait, i'll say "u r teh suxor. f46."

eat [:-censored].

I think I saw him in CS telling every one to go to hell because his team lost because the server was lagging

MistHunter
March 5, 2004, 10:37 pm
That's just sad man...very sad...

I usually follow Snowden's guidelines outside of clan games. With NS seomtimes and always end with GG. I never flame if I own someone, and if I get owned, I compliment that! "You guys are [:-censored]ing owning me, I'm leaving." (NOTE: I really said that once)

dadarkman
March 11, 2004, 4:43 pm
thx for the info ...[:D]

Chance
March 17, 2004, 5:09 am
spoken like a true ?orator? [:D] but yeah...nice speech, people in soldat can be asses, what you said is common sense! yet people still dont follow things like that and dont like to accept defeat [;)]

Snipedmyself
April 13, 2004, 4:40 am
Pheeniz of star! major spammage! and LOL people try to very insightful whens they post in forums! although lots of that is true most people that cuss have barely started playing or have been up 2 long. like the mouths on the default bots! sheezuz

Snipedmyself
April 13, 2004, 4:44 am
LOL i think u rilly made choda quit soldat :d h@ 4a |-|/-\

DeMonIc
June 5, 2004, 4:19 pm
Well done Snowden, u really said something that is a nice addition 2 this forum.Really, a lot of players don't think this through, and maybe, o just maybe, they will read this and become nice players, not jerks.

ShadowSniper
June 24, 2004, 4:23 am
i know this is kind of a late post but yeah gj dude.

-Solid_Snake-
July 15, 2004, 5:46 am
Man, u're very very right!! It's good thinking, thinking on the same way as my brain: I'm playing just for Fun" but most of idiot-jerks didn't understand it, and they will never up to understand because they calling themselves "Gosu, Best AIMaster or something like that". In the other words, they're assuming, just like "Neo" from yesterday, he tell us: Guys fix ur aim, my aiming is perfect, my movement is faster than u all. He's total nobrain dumb with big ambitions, he's type of EXPERT PLAYER wchich means that he never be able to understand, that the "game is only a game" and it's just for fun. Clans are good, cause u can play with each other without making any problems on public servers. I can easily say u all: I am total newbie and i am proud of it that i am not calling myself EXPERT PRO GAMER who want to play for 100 or 10000$ per day and who wants to be in television just for show his unnatural abilities like clicking left mouse button over 15 times in one second!! For the ending of my post i want to thank u all guys for telling all forum members and guest the real truth. It makes me happy are kind a people like that. Good job !! Players community will still alive!! Greetings from -Solid_Snake- for All !!!

Captain_Jimbo
August 1, 2004, 4:40 am

Well said, but not talk during a match? Nawww, that's not my style. I can be respectful, but I've gotta have a little fun =)

CbbLe
August 1, 2004, 1:21 pm
agree with snowden..to many idiots whining during games.

Artex
August 2, 2004, 1:21 am
...[8)]

Well placed.

die nadel
September 4, 2004, 9:55 am
i agree with snowden i think he is completely right.

Outcast
September 4, 2004, 3:47 pm
Well here's a tip. Allthough it is annoying when people say owned, i tend to say "die". Because it pisses me off when they dont when they should. You see, i keep quite for a while, but these hits are commulative too, on my temper. It slowly pisses me off till i start saying FFS all over. Get it? It how i am. Wont change.

I like it non insulting. As lag/die/ffs isnt a direct insult unless you have perception problems, its nice to use them in the appropriate moment. Like, if you get spawn killed for the 3rd time in a row. offcourse im gonna say "FFS stop it" and not "Please stop shooting at me, i see you can hit and your good and stuff, but please let me load my gun before you start shooting. Thank you." Also i always end clanwars with a GG no matter what even though my teammates shout bg. It is my responsibility at a clan leader. Insulting and provoking is bad, but saying lag, ffs and die is just for letting out steam. Nothing wrong with it.

But on the other hand, it pisses me off when people try to enforce their point of view to others.
Who are you to say what we 'should' do?
ITS A GAME FFS PPL SAY STUFF THEY WANT TO, PLAY HOW THEY WANT TO, ITS ANNOYING SOMETIMES BUT THATS THE WAY IT IS, GET USED TO IT.
kthnxbye.

Jaz
September 4, 2004, 4:30 pm
I agree with snowden and outcast. I think people should stay quiet sometimes and keep [:-censored] to themselves but when you get pissed at campers or spawners you will usually let out your point of view. Nobody can stop you doing that.

palloco
September 4, 2004, 4:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcast
i tend to say "die". Because it pisses me off when they dont when they should.[...] As lag/die/ffs isnt a direct insult unless you have perception problems, its nice to use them in the appropriate moment.

Usually the ones whining are the ones who should not, people saying hit, die lag are always the ones with a ping of 0-50. I people like me with 200 ping would say that whenever we suffer that same situation we would have to whine several times each second.

Outcast
September 4, 2004, 6:17 pm
Its more frustrating to get non kills with 50 ping then at 200. SInce at 200 you expect them all the time but with 50 you want the game to room smoothly.

Gamoc
December 23, 2004, 11:25 am
Wow, that's a lonnnggg topic. I've read it though, and I disagree with some things in there. If someone is being racist or just insulting people, they should be warned, and, if they continue, kicked, if they come back and continue they should be banned. And if some people are lagging, don't insult them about it, just say 'lag'. Everyone lags from time to time depending on the server. And I'm pretty sure team killers hsould be kicked or banned, not that many servers have friendly fire.

I agree that you shouldn't take the '/piss' (hehehe, see what I did there?) out of your team mates, just tell them to return the flag.

If people are new to the game, they should not be insulted. Everyone was new at one time (usually when they first started ;-)) so the people who are new should not be called 'noob' or anything like that.
There should be rules in Soldat, but Aquarius is not entirely wrong. There should be all the obvious rules, but there should not be too many, otherwise the game gets boring. Talking should be allowed in servers aswell, you can't possibly ban that!

Otherwise, I agree with the rest of the post(s)

Pena
January 6, 2005, 2:29 am
ok no one is goign to fallow that and it ok to say them but not all the time sometime whe people say omg there saying that was great we should not abuse the words were it gets a painin the butt and it sound liek there crying but we should be able to use them no mader what you say

Tha Doggfather
January 6, 2005, 11:53 am
Try using some punctuation, people would be able to understand you that way.

rambo_021
January 21, 2005, 2:01 am
Very well said, if everyone played Soldat like that it would be that much better of a game.

SS leader
February 7, 2005, 1:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by SnowdenFirst and foremost Soldat is supposed to be fun. Clans are meant to be even funner than regular Soldat because you are backed by a team you know and trust, not random goofballs like a public server. In the same vein, clanship should also be an escape from the endless whining you can be sure to find in a public server. "Snowden is invincible! speedhack! cheater!", "he's using a mini! NOOB!", etc. While Soldat is obviously an agressive game (limbs flying, piss mixed with blood) and aggressive comments are sure to follow, to me, being in a clan should be different. Clans are for people who can see past the testosterone filled nature of the game and focus on strategies and teamplay. They're for someone who actually wants to learn from their mistakes instead of calling their victor a faggot and being a jerk out of spite. In a clan you should be professional and respectful because obviously if you are in a clan you see something more to this game than an outlet to call strangers on the internet names.

However, in my short experience in a clan most of the time the respect isn't there, and I'm sure some of you have noticed this in your own engagements. Why does it matter? What difference does refraining from a saying a little "ffs" make? Because it all culminates, and the lack of respect eventually ends in people saying "Screw this" and leaving the match, people getting kicked, and a general bitterness between the clans. That isn't fun at all.

ffs
OMG
OWNED
lag
hit

When you say these things you are just whining in your opponent's eyes, and it's also an insult of skill, whether directly ("barretard")or indirectly ("lag", or in expanded form, the-only-reason-you-killed-me-is-because-of-lag). Eventually it just builds up and everyone gets pissed off.

"Hit"? Wow, you can aim. No one cares. There is no reason why you should try to protect your precious eliteness by declaring your hits each time. There is this very simple concept the general Soldat community fails to grasp over and over and over again. It's called LAG. Everyone has it, shut up about losing your hits because of it and move on.

After the match, please don't try to justify your loss. Server was laggy? Spawning without weapon? Fine. Keep it to yourself. But a win is a win. Don't try to justify it with things like "They all used barret, that's the only reason they won", "They all camped!". By agreeing on the match you obviously agreed to have barret enabled. Respect their win, however dirty their tactics were, and learn from your mistakes, preferably in an postgame discussion with your clan. Each dirty tactic your opponent uses has a weakness, and if you can't take advantage of them it's your own fault. You shouldn't burden your opponents with your bitterness because of your own incompetence, but you also shouldn't just bottle it up and form a grudge against that clan. Accept your loss, respect their win, and move on.

If for some reason the match was interupted (server going down) please don't say things like "We would have won anyways :p". Although this may be the case, and your opponent may even agree with you, all it does is build up unneccesary tension that will be brought out later in pointless arguments.

For your own good, don't say things that starts with "I never...", "I didn't...", and please don't say "I own you". All it does is make you look like a hypocrite, if not now then in the future when you are caught doing those things. You're a fool if you think you're better than anyone else in any way. It will hurt all the more worse when you are proved wrong, and trust me, you will be proved wrong. So don't set yourself up for failure in the first place.

If you are an admin of a server, try not to be a jackass. Don't kick people, the only reason I can see to kick someone would be if they are cheating, in which case the entire match should be cancelled anyways. If they are talking smack, just ignore it. Kicking a player just spoils the match for everybody, including your team. There is no satisfaction in winning if you know a deciding factor was the other team's player getting kicked out. Also, if you run the server but aren't in the match do not do server messages, or any other kind of intervention. It's distracting, condescending, and quite rude.

Please, when you play in a match, practice or otherwise, play your hardest. It is unfair to think you are better than your clanmates to not play your best for them all the time just because you're lazy or think it isn't worth it. Furthermore, it's frustrating to work your heart out and win, just to be told "Oh, I wasn't even playing serious." Seriously, if you have to cover up your own incompetence with some vision of unrealized greatness you have some personal issues to work out with yourself.

I can't think of any more. Please don't start [:-censored] with me in this thread about my clan phx or PC, or anyone else's clans. This is from me to Soldat, not PC to Soldat. In fact, to be honest, a good portion of this post was inspired from my own clan. But that doesn't mean you can start [:-censored] in this thread about my clan. Which leads me to a final plea:

Don't start flame wars in the forums. It leads to nothing but [:-censored]. More importantly, don't feed the flames. You are only satisfying your rival by making yourself look like a jackass trying to defend yourself from his own remarks. So just ignore it. Don't start threads like "OMG so-and-so is a camper clan!".

I know it's long, but if you took the time to read it I commend you.

[:o)]

Edit: Edited each section but more importantly changed the concluding smiley.

I agree wioth snowden on this cause alot of clans out there have been abusing there players if they dont do good when they dont kill the other players but in my clan if one of my guys is nearly dead i escort them to the nearest medkit with the AUG it's the only humaine thing to do if you really respect your team and if you dont repect your team than no one will join really

Tha Doggfather
February 7, 2005, 5:25 pm
yeah i aslo agree with sn0wden i alawys escort players when thier l0w on helth its really humaine also i think people should show some level of grammar and punctuation in thier posts because if you dont do that it makes you look immature and nobody will join your clan that way and that would be a shame wouldnt it yes it certainly would ok im glad we agree on that

Deleted User
February 7, 2005, 7:58 pm
I agree Snowden. And as far as the following posts that said "You are taking this game too seriously and need to chill and you can't tell me what to do! WAH!" Well , most likely those
posts are coming from 10-14 year olds that still think everyone is trying to be their boss. It is constructive criticism and if someone takes it otherwise, they don't need to be in the forums. Yes Soldat is a good gateway, a good way to get away from irl stresses and other things, That being the reason Snowden has noted the things he has in his post. The nicer the players are , and the better you keep your temper and sportsmanship in check , the better the playing experience will be for everyone.

On a side note. People that have not registered, and play soldat daily; Save your pennies , Sell
your Playstation that doesn't work right , Clean someone's gutters for a small fee, do something. There is no reason everyone should not be able to cough up the measley 9$ Michal asks for registration. It is a very kind fee on Michal's part. He has put a lot of time and dedication into making Soldat what it is today, so pay the registration fee :P

Thanks!

-J

SS leader
February 7, 2005, 10:29 pm
lol doggfather im not doing good in language arts

Darkspirit
April 24, 2005, 2:10 am
Thanx Snowden for making this topic. I damnly hate when ppl are nasty with others.

Azn Assassin
May 1, 2005, 4:28 am
Kudos for you Snowden. Inspirational.

Messiah
July 5, 2005, 1:55 am
Off topic, but can we stop with the 1-3 word comments i think everyone gets it by now -_-.

Zolcos
August 11, 2005, 4:59 am
quote:Originally posted by AquariusDon't tell me what to do and what is right.

quote:Originally posted by AquariusGET OPERA

???

Echo_Trail
November 25, 2005, 9:51 am
i know this is an old post and all, but i want to revive it, in order for everyone to read it! at least the first part! - Sooo True!

I totally agree with you!
echo out

Crazy_G
November 25, 2005, 11:25 am
I'd say its equally important to have a good attitude and personality
then be an awesome player, especially if uoir gonna join a clan

DragonGrace
December 19, 2005, 3:01 am
hey man, ive been playing for about 3 years now, and ive been looking for a clan who does actually like to play this game for fun, in a fun way, and not live by the game like its a religion. any chance of me joining your clan????

LazehBoi
December 19, 2005, 3:19 am
quote:Originally posted by DragonGracehey man, ive been playing for about 3 years now, and ive been looking for a clan who does actually like to play this game for fun, in a fun way, and not live by the game like its a religion. any chance of me joining your clan????

I suggest you look in here, my good sir. Generally you need to make your own topic, I think.

livingdalife
February 22, 2006, 8:17 pm
Well said Oh mighty one. I will say, I am guilty of some of this and well I get kicked and banned and all that [CENSORED], and I agree when I say I deserve it. and I read every single word!

thelag
March 13, 2006, 1:42 pm
What's wrong with being noobish? A little, or even a lot of rivalry makes the game far more interesting. If you want a classy clan go ahead, but personality is good almost no matter where it's coming from. My clan is reasonably polite, but we got passion.

TKOWNER
March 21, 2006, 5:46 am
It is sad that people are so narrow minded, and that people take your well said words, and call it Nooblet waste. Yet, well said, and I think I can improve now!