( search forums )
Mode for CS style weapons selection
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DesFS
January 15, 2004, 6:35 pm
I'm not sure if this idea has been up (I'm to lazy to check), but how bout a cs style kind of weapons selection.

Solely for CTF and infiltration games, players could buy their weapons. Earn money by killing the opposition just like in CS or returning enemy flags, etc.

It should just be an option, just like survival and realistic mode.

- DesFS

villekallio
January 15, 2004, 6:52 pm
I hate people who try to turn soldat into cs. So my answer is no.

juice _ box
January 15, 2004, 7:02 pm
Go play cs.

ClanKwH
January 15, 2004, 8:52 pm
Soldat aint a cock sucker game like cs so no

peemonkey
January 15, 2004, 9:10 pm
wow. moderators are getting lazy.

Sithak
January 15, 2004, 11:41 pm
ughh they havea soldat mod for soldat and i have it :D ^_^

AerialAssault
January 16, 2004, 12:26 am
y do u sign your name on your posts if thats already in your signature, kinda corny, think your something special BOY!?

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 16, 2004, 12:41 am
lol @ aerial assault.

anyways:

what's the point of pricing items anyways? all the weapons were supposed balanced, and just a matter of personal preference and strategic ability. besides the occational muffled scream of "nurF barret" and "minigun LAGG0rZ" (which it doesn't), they all are just fine.

and to reiterate a earlier point: "go play CS." -juicy juice juice box from costco, 24 pk.

DesFS
January 16, 2004, 5:38 am
just a thought. forget I suggested it.

JockStrap
January 16, 2004, 6:15 pm
Geez, you guys suck, this is "ideas and suggestions" not the friggin bash pit. I recon about 70% of soldat players actually like cs so be open minded

villekallio
January 16, 2004, 7:22 pm
Yes 70% people are newbs who have only played cs before...

JockStrap
January 16, 2004, 7:27 pm
lol, I didn't start playin cs till after I played soldat, and I aint no noob :P

bLaStEr
January 16, 2004, 9:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by JockStrap
lol, I didn't start playin cs till after I played soldat, and I aint no noob :P

How can you be so sure?

"for topic starter"
Anyhow use search, this has been suggested awhile ago.

Edge
January 17, 2004, 6:39 pm
Sure. First prices...then you have to buy grenades and forfiet your secondary weapon
for them. Then you need to buy ammo, and every damn weapon has a scope. It may not seem like much, pricing guns, but every road has a first step. If this game was
meant to be like CS, it would be.

choco
January 18, 2004, 1:08 am
simple solution:go buy raven shield......its 5x better than cs in every way and u dont need to buy your weapons

2nd solution:stop complaining and play soldat we dont need any of this CS BS this is soldat.....its better than cs

doffencom
January 24, 2004, 12:14 pm
[:-censored] OFF ASSHOLE I DON'T WANNA PLAY CS SO IF SOME ONE COULD KILL THIS MOTHA FO!

DeepII
January 24, 2004, 4:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by doffencom
[:-censored] OFF ASSHOLE I DON'T WANNA PLAY CS SO IF SOME ONE COULD KILL THIS MOTHA FO!

OT: how does he became Captain?! easy guy it was just an idea!

Topic: I don't think it's a good idea coz the weapons are already balanced(in MY opinion!)...

Stoned Hyena
January 25, 2004, 3:31 pm
soldat has got a nice gameplay, but people have to get over the fact that this is a shoot'em up... quake style.

although i'm pretty sure that you can make a cool tactical shooter with the game engine.

Aquarius
January 25, 2004, 4:15 pm
I don't want to play CS. I prefere to play Soldat. If you like CS features more than Soldat go and play CS.

Stoned Hyena
January 25, 2004, 5:09 pm
aquarius...

soldat = 2d qyake
people want 2d cs to...

Aquarius
January 25, 2004, 5:48 pm
Soldat = Soldat, nothing else.

DeepII
January 25, 2004, 5:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stoned Hyena
[...]although i'm pretty sure that you can make a cool tactical shooter with the game engine.

I'm sure you could make a verry cool tactic shooter with this engine but the thing is that this should be a SEPERATE game and not a changed Soldat! Soldat is the best Shareware Game for under 10$ and shouldn't be changed. If you wanna play CS-Soldat prog your own game and maybe it gets better than Soldat(don't think but maybe you can tell me some other...).

Alamo
January 25, 2004, 5:57 pm
Yep... If you want CS Weapons, download a Mod, if you want CS buy-style play CS... :)

sativa
January 25, 2004, 6:03 pm
kill thi [:-censored] please

Stoned Hyena
January 25, 2004, 6:10 pm
look, i'm not saying that i want soldat to become a tactical shooter likes cs.

i'll try to explain to you what i'm trying to say.

[CODE]
Shooters * 2D - Shoot'em up -[examples]: Soldat
- Tactical -[examples]: /

* 3D - Shoot'em up -[examples]: Quake, UT2003...
- Tactical -[examples]: Rainbow6, CS...
[/CODE]

Note : there are no examples of 2D tactical shooters.

If you take a look at Maslow's hierarchy of needs you can see that "2D Tactical Shooters" are right above "Self actualization needs".
If you can't see it, look again.

What do we learn from this? Some people have need for "2D Tactical shooters".

Aquarius
January 25, 2004, 6:16 pm
Make a server with realistic mode, friendly fire and survival, but without bonuses. Set maximum grenades to 1. Play Infiltration. You will get your 2d tactical shooter.

DesFS
January 25, 2004, 6:46 pm
Yeesh! It was an idea for goodness sakes! One that I dumped really fast too, and you guys have turned this into a flaming battle ground. I thought the bash pit was for all this.

*sigh*