( search forums )
Problem with LAN Servers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
insane
January 16, 2004, 5:02 am
I want to set up soldat servers for a LAN party. The problem I am having is that my server will not show up in the in-game server list. I have no problem joining the server if I manually type in the IP address. I also have no problem getting my server to show up using ASE.

It is my understanding that the server list on the Join Game page is actually what soldat calls a lobby. So, I guess my question is how to set up a lobby so that all soldat servers on my lan will appear in the in-game server browser. Simply entering the server's own IP in the lobby_servers.txt file has not worked.

TIA!

SILENT
January 16, 2004, 5:18 am
/me confuzzled

Are you trying to make a LAN server or just register in lobby? I think you have to get your IP and manually or something..yatta

insane
January 16, 2004, 12:42 pm
I have no trouble making the server and joining it manually. My problem is getting servers to show up in the game so people can join them. Thanks.

n00bface
January 16, 2004, 1:59 pm
have you set lobby_register=1? And you could always just make it an internet server and add a password (seeing as you'll all be networked.. ermm.. right?)

insane
January 17, 2004, 12:16 am
Yes, lobby_register is turned on. We do not have internet access at our lan party, so using an internet lobby is not an option.

It would seem as though the server list should work on a LAN, since there is a radio button for internet/local servers at the bottom of the Join Server page. But nothing happens when I click "Request Servers" when the radio button is set to local. Is it not possible create my own lobby for servers on the LAN?

Thanks!

SILENT
January 17, 2004, 12:57 am
umm..never did a lan partay..dunno.

gunny
January 17, 2004, 2:19 am
just have everyone type in the ip adress and then wamoo

insane
January 17, 2004, 3:04 am
Bummer. I was really hoping to avoid having to have ppl manually enter IPs. That is a major hassle. You see we have over 200 people at this lan, and trying to get the word out that a server is up and the IP is such-and-such is very difficult with a crowd of that size.

Hopefully the developer will be able to get the lobby working for local servers. Being able to find and join local servers is really pretty fundamental for any multiplayer game.

Thanks anyhow guys!

n00bface
January 17, 2004, 3:16 am
Insane, there's a radio button next to 'Request Servers' that says (o) Internet, and (o) Local.. did you try selecting local?

insane
January 17, 2004, 10:05 pm
That was the first thing I tried. When I select "Local" and click "Request Servers" absolutely nothing happens.

Does anyone else experience this problem???

Does anyone know how to setup a lobby?

sativa
January 17, 2004, 10:10 pm
just give the ip adress to everyone that's the best solution and if that does not work i don't know but when i tried a lan party everything worked out great registering turnedof so u set it on lan it only registers there but all the rest of teh persons need to put there status on lan to else it won't work

toadsMoke
January 19, 2004, 1:52 am
Make sure that you've set both the server and the clients to LAN. i've done this many times without a prolblem...