( search forums )
cattle prod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
CountZero
January 16, 2004, 7:45 pm
a close combat weapon (secondary)

basically has a large ammo clip and amost instantly starts the discharge when in contact with the enemy

rapid depletion of a persons health when in contact with the prod

ignores armor

villekallio
January 16, 2004, 7:47 pm
I didnt get you? Can someone tell me what is prod. :P

Famine
January 16, 2004, 8:00 pm
Prod is somethign you poke or prod somethign with (hence the name). A cattle prod is a electrical shocker.

kevith
January 16, 2004, 8:47 pm
It's like a metal 'stick' (rod) that is electrified so you can shock/zap cattle with it. They use it to get cows to move around... you zap 'em and they go the other direction. It sounds like you could just mod the chainsaw and it would do the same thing....

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 17, 2004, 2:46 am
dude, the (:p) after his posts reeks off sarcasm.
if you guys didn't get it, pity, pity, pity.

oh, there's something called a chainsaw...
yes, i know nobody uses it (that expects to win.)

kevith
January 17, 2004, 6:03 am
"Dude"... we were explaining what a cattle prod was.... the chainsaw mod idea was just in case somebody wanted to actually do it (it would be funny!).

Sekushi
January 17, 2004, 6:37 am
...That sounds really stupid. How long do you stay in direct person-to-person contact with an enemy? Not long enough to do any serious damage. That's why the chainsaw is pretty useless. A cattleprod would just be an eletrically-charged chainsaw.

-SPI-
January 17, 2004, 10:20 am
I want more melee weapons too but that idea just doesn't work. Perhaps a cattle prod that has a single discharge that temporarily stuns the opponent (a second or two should be ok) but then reloads. You would shock them and then perhaps shoot them with a spas or something. (keeping in mind that you would have to make phisical contact with the person to shock them.)

DesFS
January 19, 2004, 5:20 pm
That would be interesting...hehe. This idea has more entertainment value.

Sekushi
January 19, 2004, 6:36 pm
Maybe for a mod, if mods were ever implemented into Soldat.