( search forums )
Soldat at night...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
jack_1313
January 17, 2004, 3:14 am
I originaly posted this message in the current graphics thread, but as I belive it deserves a private disscussion I shall post it again here:

"However, what I belive would be nice is the ability to play at night, in the dark. That would require alot of dynamic lighting to be really special, but that can be faked quite nicely with additive blending. Imagine, running along when, quite suddenly out of nowhere, a minigun opens up in a frenzy of flashes, illuminating the area and revealing the attacker lying prone in the darkness."

What do you think? With the addition of larger gunflares it could turn out to be an entirley new experience.

peemonkey
January 17, 2004, 4:25 am
use the search option

Sekushi
January 17, 2004, 6:33 am
Started before. Just dig it up out of the archives.

jack_1313
January 17, 2004, 8:46 am
Oops... sorry. :)

jack_1313
January 17, 2004, 9:00 am
Did a search for 'night' without a restriction on the date and didn't get any valid results... how old was this discussion?

peemonkey
January 17, 2004, 5:06 pm
been a few...if the search dosnt work, look back through the pages by name.

LiL_FuKa
January 17, 2004, 5:10 pm
Just make a bunch of black/transparentish poly's, some street light poly's (scenery) with yellow/transparentish poly's as the light coming out of them, a black background- and presto..

juice _ box
January 17, 2004, 6:36 pm
actually a flashlight like in cs would be a really neat effect. the light follows your cursor. :)

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 18, 2004, 5:15 am
wait. didn't we already have a burning pile of like six or so pages from crossing flaming and insults on why this idea was more stupiderest than that blueberry flavored pepsi.