( search forums )
Improved bot AI...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
jack_1313
January 17, 2004, 3:34 am
Apart from frequently getting stuck on terrain between waypoints, I find that the bot AI could generaly react much better that it currently does. Some suggestions:

The bots obviously aim into the air higher that the target to account for gravity effects on the bullets. However, when the bots are fighting at close range they act stupidly by firing over their target's head. How much above above the target a bot aims should be a product of a calculation based upon the distance the bot is from it's target.

AI should use different scripts based upon the weapon they carry. For instance, while it may be good for a bot with a light machinegun to get close and personal with it's target, such behavious is rediculos when the bot is carrying a sniper rifle. Snipers should camp, minigunners should hang back, keeping significant distance between himself and the target, and AK-74 users should try to get close to be most effective etc.

Just some suggestions, and should I think of something more (haven't played the game in a while) I will post again.

peemonkey
January 17, 2004, 4:23 am
use the search option.

DesFS
January 17, 2004, 4:28 am
:D 'use the search option indeed.' Search before you post.

jack_1313
January 17, 2004, 8:44 am
Oops... sorry... again.

b00stA
January 17, 2004, 2:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by jack_1313
However, when the bots are fighting at close range they act stupidly by firing over their target's head.

Open the config.exe in your Soldat directory, go to the Performance tab.. you'll see a box "Bot seeing quality".. try Great, it might help.

peemonkey
January 17, 2004, 5:05 pm
no, it's the bot's accuracy. if they got 100% accuracy, they hit their target clode-up. the built-in bots have poor accuracy, making them retarded.

LiL_FuKa
January 17, 2004, 5:20 pm
I made a thread wth some other improvements for the bot A.I, in general discussions though.