( search forums )
Chat Options:
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
that fuking sniper
January 18, 2004, 3:37 am
I have suggested this at least 2 times in the past, but no reaction from the Mods or Michal, I REALLLY want this in 1.2, and its a pretty simple option that alot of players will like.

Picture this: You go into a server and theres this asshole spamming smack at everyone, everyone tells him to STFU, he never listens, and he talks/brags more than he actually plays, how can you make him shut up?

1. I suggest a command such as /STFU (name), this will prevent the said player's chat from appearing on your screen, everyone else can see it unless they also type that command.

2. No chat option for servers, this would be great, I hate it when people yell "CHAT KILLER" when I kill them and return my own flag, I mean, when you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk... I would love to see this on DNA. Maybe it would allow the team chat to go on in order to pass out information between teammates, but the rest would be blocked.

eyic
January 18, 2004, 3:39 am
agreed :)

morpheus
January 18, 2004, 4:00 am
i've suggested the same a couple of times myself, but instead of having to type a command and the persons name (which can be a pain sometimes) i suggested hitting the escape key, and finding an ignore option and just clicking through til you get to that person, something similiar to the kick vote or map vote.

this definately would be a great feature, considering how some people use taunts to spam the hell out of a game, covering the top portion of the screen with nothing more than bs.

i've tossed the idea into the beta testing forum. maybe it'll get a positive response, or at the very least, a little attention.

kevith
January 18, 2004, 4:33 am
I remember you guys suggesting this at least a few times before and i stil think it's a great idea, but I agree that maybe team chat should come through w/o being muted.

morpheus
January 18, 2004, 4:45 am
yeah, but if the guy's being an ass and busy spamming, i kinda doubt he's the type to be a "team player"

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 18, 2004, 4:59 am
wait... why don't you just ignore the pathetic arrogant mofos?

that fuking sniper
January 18, 2004, 8:03 am
Either they block all of the chat box and you cant communicate messages to your team, or they just distract you, because you do read it as a reflex when a word pops up, a new thing on the top of the screen, you rush to read it, if it is BS, like most cases, you realize you wasted a second or two on reading what was in there, and sometimes you might be killed during these few seconds...

frogboy
January 18, 2004, 8:09 am
Finally! I wont have to put up with Tai's childish whining.

110% for it.

Silent-Thunder
January 18, 2004, 8:17 am
Why can't this chat option thing be in an transparent menu in the top corner of the screen, it could be turned on and off and numbers would correspond with the options, it could even be categorized.

Meandor
January 18, 2004, 10:47 am
I'd prefer it as player option, not server option. Soldat without chat is not soldat to me =)

?
January 18, 2004, 5:25 pm
i suggested something like your first one before, and the second idea isn't half bad =D

TIR_Blade
January 18, 2004, 6:34 pm
Frogboy, /stfu.

I agree with meandor.

?
January 18, 2004, 6:36 pm
blade you have to admit tai gets annoying

TIR_Blade
January 18, 2004, 6:48 pm
1. I havta admit nothing
2. He may be kinda, just KINDA annoying, but the way u people handle it is pathetic. You create tuants, make petitions, and basicly flame him on every post u get the chance, so technically, u guyz are more annoying and childish then he will ever be...

?
January 18, 2004, 6:49 pm
have you ever seen him in dna?

TIR_Blade
January 18, 2004, 6:55 pm
dude, yes i have, and frankly, u guyz just go over the edge because u already judged him. So he can say stuff after death but now whenever he says it for the first time, which he doesn't say much nemore, u guyz flame him after 1 [:-censored]ing comment, there are people worst then him but u people already judged him and just hunt him down like dogs, acting stupidly and immaturely. If it bugs u that much just ignore it and stop being childish.

Sekushi
January 18, 2004, 7:06 pm
I like the /STFU ignore command, but not the public chat bit.

?
January 18, 2004, 7:11 pm
of course people tell him to "stfu" because everytime he comes into dna he just spams plus he was banned for speedhacking how annoying can one person be?

TIR_Blade
January 18, 2004, 7:33 pm
1. He does not spam. In fact, people randomly enter servers continuely spamming saying Tai STFU, with their taunts, EVEN WHEN HE'S NOT [:-censored]ING THERE! Now that's frigen ridiculous.
2. He did not speed hack, his brother did.
3. Let's end this convo and get bak to the real topic, truce for now. I don't wanna change topics in TFS thread so i wont come bak, if u happen to reply, i will not reply bak.

?
January 18, 2004, 8:07 pm
you started it

Cold Fusion
January 18, 2004, 8:30 pm
I agree with the first suggestion, using /ignore or something, but not with the second, as sometimes chat just has to be used. Hopefully the first one will get implemented as I think it is needed. You'll have to have /unignore as well though. ;)

You could do /massignore if you wanted to ignore everything but team messages, I suppose.

juice _ box
January 18, 2004, 8:53 pm
quote:2. No chat option for servers, this would be great, I hate it when people yell "CHAT KILLER" when I kill them and return my own flag, I mean, when you have to shoot, shoot, dont talk... I would love to see this on DNA. Maybe it would allow the team chat to go on in order to pass out information between teammates, but the rest would be blocked.

no. 1st one is good enough.

that fuking sniper
January 18, 2004, 9:34 pm
I'm for both of them :)

And about the Tai issue, I knew it would somehow develope into a flaming fight about Tai, just drop it guys, if my option happens to be implemented, you are all free to use it at anyone you like, you dont have to share with us who will that/these people will be, because this thread doesnt ask you to.

?
January 18, 2004, 9:46 pm
blade started it

juice _ box
January 18, 2004, 11:39 pm
quote:2. He may be kinda, just KINDA annoying, but the way u people handle it is pathetic. You create tuants, make petitions, and basicly flame him on every post u get the chance, so technically, u guyz are more annoying and childish then he will ever be...

hey he's talking about me. Tai's a douche and you know it.

sudden_death
January 18, 2004, 11:53 pm
I agree with the /ignore, /unignore, and /massignore idea so you can only block one person.

Sekushi
January 19, 2004, 12:41 am
Wouldn't /massignore be a mass ignoring of all players, instead of one person?

Maybe I misunderstood you.

Drama
January 19, 2004, 6:24 am
yea, but the /STFU command must can be disabled too

And enemy shouldn't see team chat above players name (i think this might be already made on 1.2)

Alamo
January 19, 2004, 4:30 pm
1. i agree to that drama guy we need really 'private' team chat.
2. i like the idea of being able to ignore someone by software
3. maybe an additional idea: maybe color the names of global chatters so you can see their team by color (same in the death-console)????

DesFS
January 19, 2004, 4:35 pm
Sounds good to me.

Cold Fusion
January 19, 2004, 4:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Drama
And enemy shouldn't see team chat above players name (i think this might be already made on 1.2)

Seeing the enemy's team chat is a FEATURE. Basically, it is like overhearing someone talk, with the same concept applied here, and it should remain in as a feature.

Tha Doggfather
January 19, 2004, 5:29 pm
excellent idea, i fully support it. it would be great to stop people like Shay