( search forums )
Big problem launching soldat...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
gi.joe
January 20, 2004, 5:44 am
hey all. this is quite a big problem that ive had with soldat for quite a while..

let me explain:

i dled soldat and the fix patch of the net right..
extracted the setup file to my desktop then set up soldat.
installed the files from the fix into the soldat folder.

heres where the problem kicks in..

i double clik on the soldat icon in its folder to launch the game.
after doing that, i hear this error noise in the background and then the game setup screen pops up as usual right? the one wqith the big START GAME button etc etc except the main tabs on the top of the page along with various other items are missing... i cannot click anything and have to resort to a quick alt f4 to exit the screen.
once back on my desktop i get an error message saying soldat has performed and illegal operation and has the [close] button on it.

i uninstall soldat and then re-install yet it still makes no difference to what happens once i clik the soldat logo and try to enter the game.

what can i do to remedy this problem? i havent been abl to play soldat for fukin ages and i really want to get bak into the game.
im appealing to all of yall out there for help, any advice at all wud be much appreciated [B)][xx(]

thanx alot guys...

BaronRobert
January 22, 2004, 11:32 pm
I have the same prb I just upgrade DirectX to 9.0b and that's all... Now its working
....[8D]

Pr0ger
January 23, 2004, 1:15 am
I think u nedd instal last drivers video card and DirectX 9.0

NightCabbage
January 25, 2004, 9:43 am
Well, aside from Dx9.0b, just out of interest, try updating your VB files...

DirectX 9.0b - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=141D5F9E-07C1-462A-BAEF-5EAB5C851CF5&displaylang=en

VB / OLEAUT32.dll - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;Q290887

And make sure you have the latest video card drivers.

gi.joe
January 27, 2004, 9:06 am
thanx cabby, will try