( search forums )
Concealment. Now I'm here, now I'm not.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DesFS
January 21, 2004, 12:19 am
An interesting idea as I was going on the net.

The soldat's should have ability to conceal themselves. Now I know what you're thinking. Perfect for campers!!! You suck, get the F*** out of here.

But listen, in more detail, here's what I plan:

- 2-4 seconds to conceal
- CANNOT attack during this period
- limited view (so let's say the guy can only see above himself and maybe a little in front and back)
- To limit usage of this feature (you want realistic?) you can only conceal for so long before you die of Oxygen Depletion. So I'd say, u can remain concealed for about say 10 -20 seconds.
- Are invisible to all opponents.

I'm sure people have thought of this, but they want to be able to attack in this position. But it will just encourage campers.

Your ideas pls. Maybe not my greatest idea but oh well. (better than my CS suggestion :) )

kkazican
January 21, 2004, 12:21 am
Sounds like a useless feature unless you are sneaking for the enemy flag and they just respawned and you wanna hide from them. But they would probably see you in those 2-4 econds it takes. I say no.

Chakra
January 21, 2004, 1:05 am
Nice idea....but thats what we have bushes and trees for.

?
January 21, 2004, 1:12 am
or we could could just run really fast =D

DesFS
January 21, 2004, 1:30 am
True. But not all maps (take kampf for instance) have scenery cover. This idea would work MAINLY for CTF and infiltration games and not DM or TM games where it's useless.

The 2-4 seconds can always be shortened too anyways.

An example of this idea in action: hiding and waiting for newly respawned guys to go by, then getting up and capturing their flag.

Famine
January 21, 2004, 1:32 am
I like it and this is why.

quote: Nice idea....but thats what we have bushes and trees for

Most hiding spots are known, although I often sneak around in the obvious ones.

It would be better if you went in to hiding right away because those 2 seconds could give it away.

Leo Da Lunerfox
January 21, 2004, 1:38 am
maybe not 2 to 4 seconds to hide, but 2 to 4 seconds to come out of hiding instead. (No BS ambushes so ppl won't go "OMFG WTF HAXOR, i da leet! you can't roxor meh boxors. HAXOR!") Also, instead of just appearing out of nowhere, you fade in and out during those seconds.

Sekushi
January 21, 2004, 3:27 am
Would this really help? Enough for it to be implemented into the game? I don't really think so. Plus, camper could still use it to an advatage. Let the enemy get clsoe, for a more accurate shot.

that fuking sniper
January 21, 2004, 3:40 am
Sounds balanced enough, but I would certinely not find it very entertaining if I get killed by even more things that I cant do anything against, other than normal campers, but without a chance to retaliate against someone with the ability ro just snipe you out, I wont have fun.

-SPI-
January 21, 2004, 6:16 am
You have predator pick ups, and you can lay down in a bush. This idea is pointless. Creeping around going from cover to cover, laying down then jumping up and running is far more fun.

DesFS
January 21, 2004, 5:16 pm
But predators only come in a blue moon. Sides he can't just pop up. It takes 1 seconds to go under, and 2-4 seconds to come back up in which time he's fully visible. AND YOU CANNOT ATTACK WHILE CONCEALED (I can hear the campers going aww.) Also sight is limited in this position. Really limited.

Famine
January 21, 2004, 8:32 pm
He already said you can't shoot when hiding. Also why is running and clicking your mouse funner then being more tactical. If it was implemented this wouldn't mean you would have to use it.