( search forums )
I think levels should have random scenery
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Camping_Carl
January 21, 2004, 5:53 pm
i dont know if this is possible... but i as a camper usually know where people hide.. and i think it would be a geat idea to have a random scenery generator nothing big but like rocks and bushes and trees would be in differnt places every time you play so it makes the game a bit differnt every time.

-.- thats IMO

Camping_Carl
January 22, 2004, 6:59 pm
this idea is great... a random scenery generator for each time you play the level.. its possible they have done it in many games

bintz2000
January 22, 2004, 7:42 pm
heh...responding to your own post. Well sounds alright should be an option if it was used. It would be interesting thats for sure.

TIR_Blade
January 22, 2004, 9:41 pm
altho lots of bugs would come with like trees upside down and [:-censored] :|

Camping_Carl
January 24, 2004, 2:08 am
Dude its a great idea they do it in alot of video games and it would make things a bit harder dammit!

Dragon88
January 24, 2004, 2:09 am
I don't like it. Map makers may have a particular look when they are mapping that could be ruined.

Chakra
January 24, 2004, 2:17 am
I gotta admit, this really is a great idea. It'd need to be compatable with the map maker though, so a designer could assign just what scenerys get used in the map, and also to restrict certain platforms from the effect.(a tree on a bridge, for example)

bucky_brad
January 24, 2004, 9:28 am
this is an awsome idea, but there needs to be some scenery that coukd be permanent

Aquarius
January 24, 2004, 10:26 am
quote:Originally posted by Dragon88
I don't like it. Map makers may have a particular look when they are mapping that could be ruined.

Exactly my point of view. I don't like the idea.

coolsi
January 24, 2004, 10:29 am
It's a neat idea but I have a feeling it will increase the number of campers considerably, as well as spoiling maps as said above.

Camping_Carl
January 28, 2004, 4:13 am
Well the number of campers are down any way people are using nothing but machine guns i have noticed i mean a camper is a good thing :) there fun to take out and this is a good idea every thing is possible

Subslider
January 29, 2004, 1:39 pm
well i like the idea
but then if you make an map then you should place tree's and bush's all over
and 1 time the dont appear and the other time the do..
there should also be an option that if you place an tree/bush that it should be there always..=)

Camping_Carl
January 29, 2004, 3:39 pm
bah if its done right it willwork

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 29, 2004, 4:43 pm
good idea but lots of bugs would pop up... i think

Camping_Carl
January 29, 2004, 5:44 pm
Dude No not lots of bugs would pop up you would make the areas where the random scenery will go usually on land it would happen not on bridges or in mid air

BManx2000
January 29, 2004, 6:30 pm
Maybe it could work like thi: mapmakers could lay down lines where random scenery would appear, and the scenery would be layed out according to the slant of the line. This way it would look natural, and random scenery would only go where the mapmaker would want it to go. Also, an option to adjust the density of the scenery would be good.

Camping_Carl
February 2, 2004, 6:30 am
See this will work dammit!