( search forums )
Pros and Cons of 1.2
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Roy
January 21, 2004, 11:41 pm
Well, 1.2 is out. There are a lot of changes. And with change comes either satisfaction or disappointment. I made this topic so we can all discuss the pros and cons of the new version. Specifically, I'd like everyone to list a few things they really like about 1.2, and a few things they really hate about it. I'm sure we all have a few of each. ;)

As for me:

Pros:
- Looks a little nicer.
- Autos are more powerful (I never really used them but IMO they were underpowered.)
- Location-specific damage is tweaked
- Some of the fixes are nice
- Demo recording!

Cons:
- The Barret has been ruined. I had just recently come to terms with its existence, and actually found it rather balanced. But now, it's just... I mean... They made it harder to actually snipe with and easier to use like some kind of assault rifle.
- Most of the bugs which truly annoyed me (shots that didn't register, explosives seemingly random in intensity and usefulness) are still present
- Bullets pass right through people. I find this really annoying. The fact that a bullet DIDN'T just continue its little flight was always a good indication of a successful hit.
- Maybe when I was playing I was off somehow, but does the Ruger seem different somehow?

So far I prefer the old version, but maybe that's just because I haven't gotten used to it yet.

Spitzfiya
January 21, 2004, 11:44 pm
[:-censored] you soldat 1.2 kicks ass

-SPI-
January 21, 2004, 11:58 pm
It rocks. As for your points-

-Games have bugs. Get over it.
-The blood that seems to be in a larger quantity should be indication enough of hits.
-The guns have changed a bit yeah, but we will all get used to that soon enough.

SILENT
January 22, 2004, 12:00 am
the saw hasnt changed :(

moysturfurmer
January 22, 2004, 12:07 am
quote:Originally posted by SILENT
the saw hasnt changed :(

its stronger with less ammo

palloco
January 22, 2004, 12:10 am
Cons, It needed one more month, just after I finished exams some some more bugs we fixed.
Pros: I can use chainsaw normally again!!!

hybr.d
January 22, 2004, 12:55 am
wow, you could have givin it at least a day.
With a good game there are all bugs.
I say its the ppls fault that rushed Michal and the testers.
They will get fixed soon enough.
I love 1.2 michal!!!im proud[^]

T.J.FoRd
January 22, 2004, 1:07 am
chainsaw is 1 hit now i think

AerialAssault
January 22, 2004, 1:53 am
the bullets go thru people when they are fast bullets, its called exit wounds and i get more satifaction from it, i see the blood burst out and the bullet go thru there head :D

Roy
January 22, 2004, 2:13 am
Yeah, hopefully the bugs will be addressed, but shouldn't that have been the very first thing he fixed with 1.2? First make sure it's as rock solid as possible, than make the goodies. It's not like the bugs are obscure or anything, everyone knows about them.

Anyways, I'm getting to like 1.2. The new autos will take some adjustment x_x

BManx2000
January 22, 2004, 3:45 am
You forgot to mention that the M79 JUMP IS BACK!!!

EvilLaugh
January 22, 2004, 3:56 am
ok, Ill add something to this topic... there was 1 brilliant thing that really works beautifully and should NEVER be touched....

Recording.

liquidis x snake
January 22, 2004, 3:58 am
Pro - Liquidis has stopped playing Soldat
Con - Liquidis has stopped playing Soldat

n00bface
January 22, 2004, 4:04 am
Another con - Michal lied about a working Linux server... thx michal you just made over 5 active players quit soldat...

moysturfurmer
January 22, 2004, 5:18 am
Cons: the start movie screen is eh
I didn't find vehicular dinosaur mounted mortars
Pros: Stat guns overheat
the new suicide is cool

frogboy
January 22, 2004, 5:54 am
Cons: Chainsaw still sucks.
Everything is overpowered.
Polybugs are gone.
Pro: m79 jumping

MisterX
January 22, 2004, 6:17 am
i agree with the thing about barret. and weapons are more powerful, and much easier to use. now, in my opinion, anyone can use any weapon very useful against anyone, why learn to shoot with the weapons, if its as easy like now? and the barret... yes, i dont think i need to add something.
i hate that. i wrote michal a mail after 1.1.5 was out, and told him why i think that the barret is overpowered. he said "yes, the barret will be changed in 1.2, so that it will be less strong". 120% damage instead of 110%, accurateness (right word) about 90%... is that less strong?!...

Chakra
January 22, 2004, 6:39 am
Pros: It's soldat..

Cons: ...it's crap! [:-weepn]

BMF
January 22, 2004, 7:14 am
why is it crap?

Spitzfiya
January 22, 2004, 7:17 am
Yeah what makes it crap? 1.2 is like a sexy lobster <now damn that is sexy

DeepII
January 22, 2004, 7:57 am
I like 1.2 coz of the new demo recording and(why does no1 sayed this?) Language changing! I think the barret is good how it is now! what would you do? if it kills with 2 shots why use it? then u can use the ruger...a barret is a sniper rifle so it kills with 1 shot, UNDERSTAND IT! and the best thing in 1.2: this damn WMV bug is gone!!!

frogboy
January 22, 2004, 8:00 am
The barrets zoom sucks, and its more accurate at close range. Why use it as a sniper?

palloco
January 22, 2004, 8:52 am
I do not get why were the testers saying all the time that barret sucked in 1.2 and it would be the time of autos... sarcasm?

Aquarius
January 22, 2004, 8:59 am
Pros: Everything, except...

Cons: ...the Barret. I thought it will be less accurate when you fly.

eyic
January 22, 2004, 9:12 am
Cons:
-Too easy, no more more skill in dodging required, u get killed in a few milliseconds, without getting a chance to taking a few bullets in the chest and standing a chance to actually live

Pros:
-Video Recording, thats all -_-

Toufinet
January 22, 2004, 12:35 pm
Pros : Graphics are really better ....

Cons : I guess you ( Michal ) play with auto weapons ! Why didn't you make them more powerfull than that ??? I mean that as powerfull as they are now , you could even make like an automatic sniper ! -> One bullet = 1 dead !
You almost managed to make it !! Come on , one little effort again , and u'll manage to make it !

And we waited sssoooo long for that .... In fact , you could have just make the auto weapons changes , and erase all other weapons ... Like this , you have less work , we wait less , and the result is the same .

bb_vb
January 22, 2004, 1:09 pm
Pros: Multi grenade\missile interactions, rocket jumping, gfx, demo-recording, and all the other tweaks.

Cons: I agree with Pyso, the overall damage factor of the game is too high; either the power of all the guns needs to be reduced or the player health increased to allow you to live longer and spend more time playing and less respawning.

Aquarius
January 22, 2004, 1:41 pm
Yes, but it will make the barret to powerfull, beacue it will be always 1 hit - 1 kill weapon, unless it will be less accurate while standing or flying or something...

b00stA
January 22, 2004, 2:21 pm
Pro: Another version with new features and fun for months.

Con: "Active players" whining, that's the only problem. Play it or don't, quit the whining.

BManx2000
January 22, 2004, 3:17 pm
Everybody seems to forget all the whining before 1.2about how weak and underpowered the autos were compared to Barret and M79. Now eveybody's complaining about how OVERPOWERED they are. MAKE UP YOUR MIND DAMMIT!

Toufinet
January 22, 2004, 5:33 pm
And now , we can't use low when we are in the air !!!!
IT'S SO BAD !!!

Toufinet
January 22, 2004, 5:35 pm
Sorry , I wanted to say M72 LAW , and not low

Tha Doggfather
January 22, 2004, 5:38 pm
yeah i loved to fire the LAW after having walked of a cliff

please edit your post next time Touf

Denacke
January 22, 2004, 8:00 pm
i hate it when someone abused that bug :P

cup_of_squirrels
January 22, 2004, 8:06 pm
Quit ur whining. Its bigger, better and its gonna get a WHOLE lot louder when the next version comes out, k? Good....

F842
January 22, 2004, 9:07 pm
Pros: General better feeling, Bullets piercing people is awesome (my soccom never felt so good..... or my ak....)
Cons: I still hate the barrat. but thats just my opinion.