( search forums )
My thoughts on 1.2
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Spike
January 22, 2004, 6:53 am
1.2 is a good addition, but to many poeple are quiting because they are unsatisfied with one release . WOW amazing I can tell how much you guys really care about soldat. GUNS ARE TOO POWERFUL BARRET IS TOO GOOD BOO [:-censored]ING HOO! get over it christ this is a free game and even if it doesnt always live up to your expectations deal with it. I never thought i would post something like this but its kinda pathetic how this has turned out. I love the physics in 1.2 and some of the new editions and even though there are some things I dont like, I dont quit soldat because its fun.

And honestly who cares about the community as a whole we dont really have much of one, so why quit since someone argues against you over a weapon selection. Its ridiculous and honestly a waste of time ive decided to generally stay away from the boards and opinions because for the most part it doesnt get anywhere. So overall I think the poeple all complaining and threatening to quit Soldat are not doing the right thing. Instead of saying what they like and things that should be fixed so Michal can do his thing they pack theyre bags and leave. Its not always possible to get things right the first time arround and he has no help with this game. He has listened to your opinions and has tried to adjust things to make you guys happy but honestly if this were my game I wouldnt listen to hardly any of the crap poeple post because its usually just bull[:-censored] whining about what poeple want and dont want. I think Michal should just take Soldat and be creative with it and have fun with it he shouldnt have to feel obligated to answer all of your needs, and those of you who are quiting who gives a [:-censored].. there will always be someone else to pick up the game in your place, the fact is individually your really not that important to the soldat process and by making this big scene posting I QUIT all over the forums is only making Michals life a living hell. So if you want to quit just quit.

BMF
January 22, 2004, 7:03 am
I wanted to add something, but there is nothing to add

you said it Spike, you took the words out of my mouth

choco
January 22, 2004, 7:06 am
i liked 1.2 my score has rissin about 2x higher and i use the ak and law :P no ebil barret for me (yes ebil it means less than evil but still pretty bad) rock on 1.2

Spitzfiya
January 22, 2004, 7:13 am
good post, Most disscussions on this board go nowhere because everyone has thier own opinion right? So why not just leave it all up to Michal, its his game let him decide whats right for the community.

LinK
January 22, 2004, 7:15 am
the thing is... a lot of players decided to take a break from 1.1.5 waiting for 1.2 because they thought the barret would be fixed... instead, they got a stronger barret and higher damage ratings... a big disappointment for a lot of people, which is why many quit... i myself am not playing 1.2 for anything except clan matches, because i was hoping for a more challenging game... obvously, michal wants to make every player have an equal chance, but he also made it a little too easy to kill and be killed... it gets a lot more repetitive now...

Spitzfiya
January 22, 2004, 7:19 am
But I like this realism its almost perfect I dont always kill someone in one pass with the ak or the mp5 you know...

n00bface
January 22, 2004, 12:36 pm
Well, at least I wasn't a newbie in 1.1.5 physics... now im a newbie in the new game... and all the newbies are pros... It's really sad.. I don't think im quitting, just joining the 1.1.5 undergrounds

Drama
January 22, 2004, 12:43 pm
i think barret is less powerfull in 1.2...
Spas i maybe too good in it

Aquarius
January 22, 2004, 1:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
Well, at least I wasn't a newbie in 1.1.5 physics... now im a newbie in the new game... and all the newbies are pros... It's really sad.. I don't think im quitting, just joining the 1.1.5 undergrounds

You are not a n00b. You are LAZY [:-censored]... oh well, maybe just learn to play 1.2.

BMF
January 22, 2004, 5:39 pm
n00bface thats bull[:-censored]. The game is still the same. I pwned in 1.1.5, and i pwn in 1.2

palloco
January 22, 2004, 5:55 pm
The physics changed a lot, specially for us, minigun users. For some reason I now feel really fat

Camping_Carl
January 22, 2004, 6:00 pm
Spike your on my fag list :) good job getting on there O and cowboy bebop BLows donkey penis O and bmf you should stop letting people take stuff out of your mouth ;)

n00bface
January 22, 2004, 6:12 pm
OMG PALLOCO!! I was thinking the same thing.. I was in himitsukichi and I'm like "Wow for some reason my character looks a lot fatter"

Roy
January 22, 2004, 7:12 pm
There will always be people complaining. How about you take a lesson from your own book and just deal with the complainers the same way you tell them to deal with the bugs? You're just as much a whiner as them saying "boo [:-censored]ing hoo, people are complaining about Soldat, I guess I'll leave the forum. Why don't they just learn to deal with it?!?!?"

Kind of ironic.

Spike
January 22, 2004, 10:51 pm
yah roy your the coolest and camp ill be your fag any day luv ^.-

EvilLaugh
January 22, 2004, 10:59 pm
HI I WHINE AND I USUALLY AM RIGHT. I WHINE BECAUSE I ACTUALLY WANT TO SEE THE GAME BECOME AMAZING.

I think a lot of the people on this forum should just stfu in general. All you guys do is bicker between yourselves like your debating which religion is better. Barretard or Auto-Fag.... Personally, the game just needs to have a huge HUGE update all together, new guns, no insta-kill, more skill involved. Nuff said.

xWoLxShiver
January 22, 2004, 11:18 pm
erm......you tell em spike. i woulda said the same thing, but, the game doesnt take skill anymore (not that i ever had any)

for all you beta testers, read my thoughts in the forum, ask me to post em here if any non testers care

BMF
January 23, 2004, 12:26 am
quote:i woulda said the same thing, but, the game doesnt take skill anymore

Dude, what the [:-censored] are you talking about?
If we follow your logic, then any n00b can beat any vet now? Since there is no skill involved?

SILENT
January 23, 2004, 12:32 am
Can't we just un-nerf the saw! lol :P

Hanz
January 23, 2004, 12:40 am
I think people need to just adjust to the new 1.2. After people get all of their little bitching and moaning speels out, I am sure it will be fine. I do agree that the barret is a little overpowered, I mean it is too easy to hit people with it now. But other than that, If you find it that bad STOP PLAYING IT!!! We son't miss you, so good riddens...and stop being a waste of bandwidth...GAH!

The Green ONe
January 23, 2004, 12:49 am
hey i actually think 1.2 is way better than 1.1.5 the autos are more powerfull and the guns are more balanced.........i also think that everyone should stop biching....no the games not perfet how the [:-censored] could it be no game is absolutly perfect its impossible to make a perfect game......i agree with hanz if u dont like 1.2 then just [:-censored]ing stop playing..........no one will really care......

that fuking sniper
January 23, 2004, 3:32 am
The skill issue: The faster the kills are, the more skilled you have to be as a survivalist and kill as many of the enemy as possible before you drop.

BMF
January 23, 2004, 4:59 am
what he said