( search forums )
Barret Accuracy...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
pinace
January 22, 2004, 9:19 am
The accuracy of the Barret doesn't seem to change depending on how far away you are from another player. This has led to a large number of players using the Barret in a pistol-like fashion where one shot kills. Not only is this annoying, but the other weapons barely get used at all.
May as well rename "Soldat" to "Barret", or take out the other weapons and just leave the Barret in.

I think the Barret should only have such high accuracy when crouching/prone, and be very inaccurate while running/moving/falling etc...

Aquarius
January 22, 2004, 9:27 am
I agree. It is a sniper rifle, it shouldn't be accurate while running like a mad. This weapon is [:-censored]in' heavy, you know.

frogboy
January 22, 2004, 9:57 am
I got it! You can't run with barret, you can only walk, which is like crawling speed.

ThaD
January 22, 2004, 2:02 pm
no no no why walk only... stand only! this way nobody will play this weapon and there will be no more barret whiners out there! lol

n00bface
January 22, 2004, 2:20 pm
and add a self-destruct if your first shot misses!

liquidis x snake
January 22, 2004, 2:39 pm
And then no.

bLaStEr
January 22, 2004, 2:43 pm
I think only the accurate should be degreased nothing else.

kevith
January 22, 2004, 4:32 pm
When 1.2 1st came out for beta testing wasn't the barret made to be inaccurate unless you were not moving (i.e. standing, crouched, or prone)? IMHO that's the way it should be but some of the testers (who probably pwn w/ barret but nothing else ;) kept whining about it being too weak. Michal defended the change arguing that it was a SNIPER RIFLE not an assault weapon... AND HE WAS RIGHT. Too bad he gave in to the pressure :(

DesFS
January 22, 2004, 6:16 pm
Too true. But a barrett, like michal said is a SNIPER RIFLE. Shooting in any other game while moving with a sniper rifle is near impossible.

A sniper rifle is a long range weapon ONLY while standing/lying down.

Famine
January 22, 2004, 8:48 pm
You could always just make your own server that doesn't use the barret.

AerialAssault
January 22, 2004, 9:29 pm
famine, thats expensive

choco
January 22, 2004, 11:35 pm
i agree u shouldnt be able to move with the barret in your hands, you should have to take out your secondary weapon and move into a position, that way it would be used like a real sniper rifle and a not a n00b cannon

moysturfurmer
January 23, 2004, 12:49 am
quote:Originally posted by choco
i agree u shouldnt be able to move with the barret in your hands, you should have to take out your secondary weapon and move into a position, that way it would be used like a real sniper rifle and a not a n00b cannon

no no no, just bad aimify it unless you are crouched or prone

Hanz
January 23, 2004, 1:20 am
I agree with you guys somewhat. I personally use the barret from time to time, and I notice now that it is overpowered, there are lots of posts on it. I am sure sometime in the near future it will be fixed, or you will have to put up with it and stop being such gay assed whiners!!!

Silent-Thunder
January 23, 2004, 2:01 am
you tell 'em hanz, quit whining, and you're wrong about "all the otherr weapons not being used" go on a server and you'll see tons of people going auto.

karmazonpl
January 23, 2004, 2:37 am
1.1.5 - most of people were using barret
1.2 - most of people are using autos
I wonder what it'll be in 1.3 :D

pinace
January 23, 2004, 2:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Silent-Thunder
"all the otherr weapons not being used"lol I didn't say that.

Im not whining, I'm not being "such gay assed whiners!!!", I'm making a suggestion that I think will benefit the Soldat community.

Try playing any FPS that has a sniper rifle and try to shoot someone while running (or not using the scope). You will miss every time, unless you are at point blank range. IMO Soldat really does need a similar feature.

Pr0ger
January 23, 2004, 3:08 am
barret a powerful weapon
but in 1.2 it is useful to use all weapon

_z1g
January 23, 2004, 4:52 am
two version baret - asault(fast reload and smal powerful no zoom) and sniper (work if you in land + zoom more powerful and big reload)
hmm it s sux ... =)

Alamo
January 23, 2004, 11:51 am
Stop whining! The Barret is a good gun and you need a little skill to own those guys from the air...
In 1.2 the other guns are kinda good too so i think this thread is completely senseless... :)
yeah, i'm another 'barret lamer'

Drama
January 23, 2004, 2:39 pm
if pinace's idea would be done, there would be only barret campers... But it must be made little less accuarcy
And btw how many idea in this forum has really got into the game ? Not too many i think

kevith
January 23, 2004, 4:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Famine
You could always just make your own server that doesn't use the barret.
Getting rid of the barret isn't the solution... it has its place. It just needs to be balanced with everything else. And for those of you whining about whining (e.g. 'get used to the barret or leave') why don't you be brave and try a new weapon? See it from our point of view? We've all been barret-users at one time or another... we just graduated to the next level: pwning with something else! Now don't get discouraged since the other weapons have a higher learning curve than the barret, stick with it and you'll be okay ;) We just want all of the weapons to be balanced... and making the autos more powerful wasn't the answer... it's making the barret less desirable for general use by making it a sniper rifle instead of an assault weapon.

Omenalimonadi-
January 23, 2004, 8:47 pm
Barret is very fine now, as indeed other weapons are powerful too.

DarkSSJ3
January 23, 2004, 9:42 pm
I still prefer M79 :p

DesFS
January 24, 2004, 1:06 am
True. All weapons should be balanced and I'd be lying if I'd said I never used the barrett in Soldat. But I've gotten over it. I'm using the m79. Quick kills with more skill. :)

GeoForce
January 24, 2004, 2:22 am
How about we make it that when some1 fires the barret while moving the recoil takes out a bit of their health?