( search forums )
Meh, more thoughts on 1.2
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
juice _ box
January 22, 2004, 4:17 pm
I don't want to piss and moan like most people, but like everyone else i'm having problems dealing with 1.2 :(

Ive been playing soldat for about a year now and really like most of the people in the comunity, but after yesterday I really don't know what to do. I love the game, but at the same time it doesnt feel right while playing it. I want to quit but at the same time i wanna stay. Anyone having this problem aswell?

If i could improve the game? leave the weapons the way they were in 1.1.5, but keep all the lovely physics and jet colors ;). Just my 2 cents tho. have fun kids

Weed
January 22, 2004, 4:48 pm
yep, im also having a problem having the fun i had on 1.1.5 :/
the weapons are too easy, now no skill is needed for any weapon besides spas and m79, all the others are just aim and shoot.
barrets is even easier and stronger, the only thing is the scope, that will make camping more difficult but yet, barrets is aim shoot hit kill, nothing else, the automatics are stupidly easy to use, in 1.1.5 only players with skill could use them right, now everyone can. so yeah, im having problems with it too :(

Tha Doggfather
January 22, 2004, 5:14 pm
bring down bullet damage of autos just a bit, they are ridiculously strong right now

Camping_Carl
January 22, 2004, 5:40 pm
im... feeling the same way... Barret's extra 10% site now sucks ass and is not use full at all.
Autos are ok... still no real problem i love the M79 probley the only weapon really im proved.
The law is a piece of [:-censored] now.
Knife is the best secondary.
= \ nothing much to look forward to when i play soldat.

BMF
January 22, 2004, 5:43 pm
1.2 requires the same skills is 1.1.5

ffs

frogboy
January 22, 2004, 11:09 pm
I'm having the same problem.

Auto's should have the average of the 1.1.5 damage and 1.2 damage. Barret should be 1.1.5- including the aim bug, with maybe a bit smaller clip or slightly larger reload time. The LAW, just load it straight after respawn- it only takes a second, so leave it. The chainsaw- Leave it weak, give me continuous!

sauron_the_deceiver
January 22, 2004, 11:48 pm
I am stunned at you people complaining at the weapon balance...its nothing but fantastic!

Barret still has in air accuracy, but this is hard to achieve.

Autos own now, and pack the punch where they should - medium to close range. However, autos have little accuracy and great drop at longe range, giving them good balance.

Spas, Ruger, Desert Eagles, Minigun and Knife are normal.

Minimi is a good weapon all round, but with a longer reload (which has been shortened from a TOO long reload) and a high rate of fire, it eats ammo easily, meaning you have to hit true else you're dead. This gives it the general defence qualities it should have in CTF.

M79 is now good, hard to dodge because of its increased speed - I've been blown up by midair M79 shells a lot more since 1.2 was released. However, this is the only weapon I feel might be underpowered.

Socom is brilliant, it has the power of 1.1.5 which was a bit too high, but it evened out compared to the other guns, and with some skill you can beat an auto in close range with this gun, which left me pleasantly surprised.

LAW now is annoying - to me, it has an irritating unfinished reload on spawn, so I have to spare 3 seconds of fighting every respawn to let it finish, so I can use it in combat. This has evened it out more, but I would have prefered a different method of narfing.

Chainsaw is still underpowered, but its there for novelty, so nobody cares =)

enjoyincubus
January 23, 2004, 12:06 am
The barret is unbelievably great! The m79 has regained it's 1.05b form!

The autos are pretty balanced and make great weapons in defense!

The minime is no longer obsolete! It can be used for real!

The law problems are (pretty much) gone!

Soccom is balanced out too!

Chainsaw and minigun are still the n00b weapons they always were!

It's perfect!

Meh, it's just my opinion on 1.2...you said it well too, Sauron :)

frogboy
January 23, 2004, 12:28 am
quote:Originally posted by sauron_the_deceiver
Chainsaw is still underpowered, but its there for novelty, so nobody cares =)

*COUGH*

Chakra
January 23, 2004, 12:47 am
Indeed it is rather balanced.

..and despite my (well preached) hate for barrets, I do enjoy some tense quick kills in real mode.

But in real mode there was more obstacles to overcome: fall damage, line of sight, and of course recoil...now it just seems 'normal' mode has real-mode damage, but without any fallbacks.

So yeah. It's rather balanced, just I don't see it as very challenging.

..hmm...thats a point...did you know theres a new 'thing' in real-mode: you can only see in the direction of your soldat? would be nice to have a dedicated RM server to see if it adds a bit of spice.

Hova
January 23, 2004, 1:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
Indeed it is rather balanced.

..and despite my (well preached) hate for barrets, I do enjoy some tense quick kills in real mode.

But in real mode there was more obstacles to overcome: fall damage, line of sight, and of course recoil...now it just seems 'normal' mode has real-mode damage, but without any fallbacks.

So yeah. It's rather balanced, just I don't see it as very challenging.

..hmm...thats a point...did you know theres a new 'thing' in real-mode: you can only see in the direction of your soldat? would be nice to have a dedicated RM server to see if it adds a bit of spice.
Agreed, espically the last part.

sauron_the_deceiver
January 23, 2004, 4:49 pm
"..hmm...thats a point...did you know theres a new 'thing' in real-mode: you can only see in the direction of your soldat? would be nice to have a dedicated RM server to see if it adds a bit of spice."

I've been thinking about regularly putting a part-time server up, from about 5pm to 9-10pm GMT. If I do, I can make it Realistic. What do you think of:

Realistic mode
Infiltration
Friendly Fire
Realistic bonuses (clusters, flame god and vest)
10 player max

?

Only problem is that I like to play games too...

TIR_Blade
January 23, 2004, 4:53 pm
I'll try putting one up today, im prob not gonna be on so ill leave it on.

1.2 REALISTIC!
no pass
default port
max player=6-8 not sure yet
Country=Canada
Connection=High speed dsl.

Camping_Carl
January 23, 2004, 5:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMF
1.2 requires the same skills is 1.1.5

ffs

Requires less skills my friend :) thats probley why where all doing better XD