( search forums )
Bad Packet != 1.2 banned me, it could ban YOU.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Cold Fusion
January 22, 2004, 7:51 pm
[IMAGE]

Have you been getting bad packets? What exactly ARE bad packets?

I'll tell you what they are. They're EVIL. Here's my story.

I joined dnagames. I had my usual things on in the background, namely MSN, IRC and Winamp. So I join, play around for a bit, all the while getting these BAD packets. At first I thought it was something to do with dnagames, as the server had been acting up recently, plus with all the topics styx he's made in Server Corps, I just ignored them. DO THAT AT YOUR PERIL.

For minutes later, I found myself kickbanned. The server decided that I should not play on dnagames again because of a "possible cheat". Thanks a lot, server.

Obviously, I was not cheating, or doing anything of the kind. I didn't have time to take a screenie (damn F11 not being screenie button). So, I tried to see if I get myself banned again at a different server. No such 'luck'.

So I took this up with styx, in my attempt to get myself unbanned. Unfortunately, he swears by Soldat's anti-cheat feature. He suggested that I post this bug in the forum, so that Michal can say if it's a bug or not.

So, here it is. Because of some glitch I've been banned from dnagames. Tell me Michal, does getting any of these bad packets in any way mean that you're cheating?

Quite clearly, Soldat thinks that I possibly cheated. So even the game doesn't have a clue what is going on, and banned me for the fun of it. Is this a bug? It seems like Soldat interpreted one of these bad packets as me cheating, or something. I don't really know. Neither does Soldat.

Now I doubt I'm gonna get unbanned by styx, unless he sees my argument now that he's read this post, or Michal saying that there is a possibility that his anti-cheat method is acting up on the innocent Soldat user, because of it's new and improved:

- Added more anti-cheat solutions

"But it's only one server!" Yes, it is. But I happen to play on dnagames the most of all the servers, and I don't want to be unable to play on it because of what some program thinks I am or not doing.

For the record, I did not use any of the following: memory finders, trainers, packet editors, hex editors and dissasemblers while Soldat is running, and haven't done so for the 13 months that I've played Soldat online.

Remember people, IT COULD BAN YOU TOO.

Can I get unbanned from it dnagames anytime soon now?

EDIT: Plus THIS.

EDIT2: And THIS.

Don't say I didn't warn you... ;)

paradox
January 22, 2004, 10:12 pm
thats just stupid, i have to have programs running in m background in order for my system network to run properly. i also have been getting all these piss annoying "bad packet" errors, and for the record Cold_Fusion is not a cheater.

DNA.styx
January 22, 2004, 10:17 pm
I get the bad packet errors as well (on 75% of the servers I tried) and have not been banned, it has yet to be proved if the two are connected.

Aquarius
January 23, 2004, 12:05 am
I have seen a lot of people banned from dnagames today. Were they all cheaters???

The Green ONe
January 23, 2004, 3:04 am
ive gotten the bad packets on bout 3 or 4 servers and the servers didnt ban me....it was just a normal game

Bugs Revenge
January 23, 2004, 12:16 pm
I got the bad packets as well on Dnagames and 'nother servers dunno, anyway i haven't got baned or so but i saw the kicking in Dnagames.
something about 3 ppl were kicked for "possible cheating"
little strange =\

Cold Fusion
January 23, 2004, 5:29 pm
Well, it's neither a or b, as I get a great ping on dnagames usually, about 50.

Maybe it's something to do with my firewall or router? =
It's only on dnagames that I've had a problem... anything that you can suggest?

More to the point, does this mean that the innocent Soldat players can get unbanned yet? :P

MisterX
January 25, 2004, 3:19 am
just wanted to tell you that i've been banned on dnagames.net, too.. of course i didn't cheat, and my ping was about 30 or 50 all the time, so not a bad connection... sucks

b00stA
January 25, 2004, 10:59 am
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=10849
try this.. I hope it helps.