( search forums )
BYE BYE MY RUGER
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
peeljammer
January 22, 2004, 9:45 pm
You know what I'm saying... It's been tweaked as a [:-censored] rifle.
Other guns have got something good. It's okay. But why it must be weakened?

I love the 2 shots kill. Few lethal bullets and an accurate shot. You could shoot 2 guys down. Now I OFTEN need 3 hits to get one. It's so dull... It's 3/4 of bullets... Absolutely, I deny the ruger.

I don't need faster reloading. All I need is 4 bullets that have "Bullet start power = 88.44", not "83.15".

gunny
January 22, 2004, 9:50 pm
aahhhh, 1.2 is a good thing for us auto poeple
baaad for ruger poeple

BMF
January 23, 2004, 12:23 am
people learn different weapons for [:-censored]s sakes!!

i am sick of barret vs autos arguments
i am sick of eagles vs ruger arguments

Nerf this, nerf that.. Learn different weapons, and stop whining.

Here is a reality check for you - if you only know how to use 1-2 weapons excluding secondaries, you are still a n00b. And you have no right to speak

Chakra
January 23, 2004, 12:38 am
Actually ruger 'did' get a boost with the rest of the weapons...but because it's aiming got tweaked as well, killing someone in two shots was stupidly easy. So somewhere along the line we said "hey man, fancy toning it down a bit?"

....now if only we said that about the rest of the weapons.... *sighs*

Hanz
January 23, 2004, 1:24 am
The weapons now are fine, except for the barret..it does need a LITTLE nerfing, you can all agree on that. But as for the auto's they are fine, they can actually stand up to the freakishly powerful Barret. And as for the ruger, it seems to be a bit more accurate, so therefor it is easier to kill.

The weapons are now FINE!!!

Learn to deal with the damage system...

BMF
January 23, 2004, 1:37 am
Chakra, you are SOOOO full of [:-censored].

First you said that Realistic mode is the only mode that is worth playing. Now that regular mode resembles realistic, you say it sucks.

Dude, what the hell do you want??

Figure it out, or shut the [:-censored] up

Seriously people, you dont like the game that much, just leave.

Chakra
January 23, 2004, 1:51 am
I liked real mode because it had obstacles to overcome not present in normal mode...such as recoil, line of sight, etc...

Spitzfiya
January 23, 2004, 2:47 am
Weapons are great...Just got my fill of 1.2 and i have 0 complaints. is it just me? or are the whiners spending all thier time whining and not enough time playing?

Pr0ger
January 23, 2004, 3:04 am
heh ruger nice, but mp5 rulezzz =)

peemonkey
January 23, 2004, 4:18 am
all guns are fine. just lag behind a little, then mop up with the ruger. it makes it extememly deadly

peeljammer
January 23, 2004, 4:29 am
Is this whining? It's my straight veiw on 1.2, I very second the great achievement except spoiling ruger's assault potential [:(!]

jc011
January 23, 2004, 4:30 am
I don't understand what you are saying. You're saying you got 2 shot kills in 1.1.5 and you need 3 shots to kill in 1.2? It still takes around 3 shots to kill in 1.2 unless you get a headshot. The ruger is fine as it is, the same goes for all guns.

wormdundee
January 23, 2004, 6:12 am
hell, i actually wanted the ruger to be somewhat more even with the other weapons, in 1.1.5 it was pointless for me to play anywhere except dnagames or llama's serv, everything else was just too damn easy (like i mean i wouldnt be trying and win by 16 kills easy), 1.2 is actually somewhat challenging, even in pubs (Jarvizzles :D) and i dunno, i still won by 11 in a DM on jarv's, so it doesnt seem to be much different to me, its just actually fun now

winning all the time isnt as fun as it sounds :P

BMF
January 23, 2004, 6:34 am
yes it is

i actually lost to you, which was out of the blue. New version is very ruger friendly

jc011
January 23, 2004, 2:00 pm
Yep, and don't you just love it when the ruger bullet rips through your enemy [:-devil]

Drama
January 23, 2004, 2:27 pm
Spas pwns in 1.2, i often prefer it in ctf (as maybe bmf has felt it in his skin)

BMF
January 23, 2004, 2:42 pm
spas and m79 can actually do some damage in this version