( search forums )
Deleting replies & unfair server bans
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
coolsi
January 22, 2004, 9:56 pm
Seeing as my replies to Cold Fusion's topic ( http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=10768 ) are being deleted, I'll post my views here.

Cold Fusion would never cheat. He is one of the most honest and fair players I have ever had the opportunity to play with. I know several people who have been banned on servers because of 'cheating'. To me, and to many others, this is because the anti-cheat system doesn't work. Sometimes I'd prefer to have no anti-cheat system and be forced to put up with cheaters than run the risk (and a very real risk) of being banned for cheating...unfairly.

It's clear to me that styx is under the impression that his beloved Michal can't be wrong, the game CANNOT have made a mistake. That's wrong. Even the best games and software aren't perfect. Soldat is flawed.

So my replies to the above topic were deleted. What's wrong with someone posting a message in support of someone they consider to be a friend? Are you afraid you're wrong, styx?

EDIT: Oh look. EvilLaugh has been banned. Another respected member of the Soldat community. Is he a cheater too?

DNA.styx
January 22, 2004, 10:04 pm
As I have posted in the thread...and also via email when I deleted your replies: My attitude towards this kind of thing is that if a player is banned by the server then I will not lift the ban unless it is confirmed that it is caused by a bug. Only Michal can confirm that. Your personal feeling for/against the ban make no differance to the situation. Sorry if you feel this is harsh, it's the princile I've followed on all DNAGames' servers.

Thread closed.