( search forums )
Ok I need your help.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
TIR_Blade
January 23, 2004, 3:36 am
Ok basicly, i'd like to summarize the changes that would be helpful to soldat. Instead of just making posts like IT RULEZ, or IT BLOWS. How about doing something helpful for a change?

1.When assaulting with the barret, decrease it's accuracy, so make it maybe a little like minimi's accuracy in 1.1.5 if ur not crouching or proning.
2.Fix up the law to get more users into it, also, increase the chainsaw's bullet amount.
3.Host some sort of very advertised competition like the forum logo but with a mapping competition, there are tons of great soldat mappers out there, we need more soldat maps.
4.Fix all the bugs In the current version. Make the next one very clean, that's probably the most important thing.

Ok ill make a full list and update it at the bottom of this post after some suggestions have come in. Also, u can comment on these things with intelligent replies, with reasons for your choice.

AerialAssault
January 23, 2004, 3:44 am
decrease auto power back to 1.1.5, its a disaster, i was wrong, its awful, n00bs named soldier(2) pwning me :( just make barret a sniping like in 1.2d and make autos like they were in 1.1.5 then itll be perfect

The Green ONe
January 23, 2004, 3:44 am
those suggestions sound good....i really like the one bout the Law

peemonkey
January 23, 2004, 3:56 am
Increase the distance of a M79 jumhp

Aquarius
January 23, 2004, 4:02 am
And please, do not change the M79 I love it I love it I love it

GeoForce
January 23, 2004, 4:04 am
Is this a bug or somethin cause when I shot a bullet through the chest of this guy with a DEagle he was still alive lol.

karmazonpl
January 23, 2004, 4:19 am
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
And please, do not change the M79 I love it I love it I love it

totally agree on that
whatever you do, do not change m79 !

BMF
January 23, 2004, 5:19 am
1. NO NO NO. It would make barret unusable, since the rest of the weapons are so strong now
2. NO WAY DUDE. You want hordes of LAW n00bs running around??

ffs Blade, what were you thinking =)

TIR_Blade
January 23, 2004, 2:28 pm
BMF, for 2. I did not say how drasticly to fix up the law, just 1 quick tweak would make it usable.
Also, Making the sniper unusable is good, ffs ur not supposed to be able to run around with a sniper. I even agree with michaels idea of making it only crouching/proning weapon. Just giving it terrible accuracy so u can't shoot while running long distances. That way, if ur REALLY lucky u could kill some1 while runnin long range, or, u get really close to them to kill them. Otherwise keep it a frigen sniping weapon.

koil
January 23, 2004, 2:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by TIR_Blade
3.Host some sort of very advertised competition like the forum logo but with a mapping competition, there are tons of great soldat mappers out there, we need more soldat maps.

one of the smartest things (if not, THE smartest thing) i ever heard you say :)

BMF
January 23, 2004, 2:45 pm
why...... I mean i dont care. If you make it unusable in air, you dont have to make the rest of the weapons as deadly. But then a large number of people will start bitching about how barret was nerfed. Its complicated =)

i am finally happy how LAW Is right now. Its the most skilless weapon man, so YAY for nerfing it

TIR_Blade
January 23, 2004, 2:50 pm
"one of the smartest things (if not, THE smartest thing) i ever heard you say :)"

Doesn't say much but ehh...ty?

"why..... I mean i dont care. If you make it unusable in air, you dont have to make the rest of the weapons as deadly. But then a large number of people will start bitching about how barret was nerfed. Its complicated =)"

Ok well, who cares if they complain, it's for the good of soldat :D. Sniper must be turned into a sniping is better than assault weapon, i mean COMON! This is ridiculous, imagine sniping, then u run out of ur hole and kill a team of auto's with ur sniper, just aint gonna happen.

"i am finally happy how LAW Is right now. Its the most skilless weapon man, so YAY for nerfing it"

I'm gonna take it u mean skillfull? Because when u nerf something it doesn't tend to become skilless. O and it's not up to standards with say the soccom or the knife or even the chainsaw. It's not too bad a weapon and all, but, at least take like 1-1/2 seconds off the RELOAD time, i like the way it takes 1 second to shoot tho, it's finally fair.

Zeppelin_Chile
January 23, 2004, 3:08 pm
if you make sniper unusuable at air the game won't be the same.... at least here in Chile 60% or more of the comunity use sniper as primary weapon...dude, leave the game as it is

TIR_Blade
January 23, 2004, 3:16 pm
Im sorry but just because most people are used to it doesn't make it right. They can adapt, we havta make the sniper a SNIPING weapon. Just because u like ur weapon better than others doesn't mean it can be accurate like that.

kevith
January 23, 2004, 4:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
decrease auto power back to 1.1.5, its a disaster, i was wrong, its awful, n00bs named soldier(2) pwning me :( just make barret a sniping like in 1.2d and make autos like they were in 1.1.5 then itll be perfect
TOTALLY AGREE!
The perfect solution:
1. Autos as in 1.1.5
2. Barret inaccurate while moving (so it's a sniper rifle)

A few other opinions:
- Chainsaw in 1.2 is perfect (1.1.5 too weak, 1.1.4 too powerful)
- I agree with taking a few seconds off the Law's reload time...

TIR_Blade
January 23, 2004, 4:36 pm
Kevith ur absolutely right, chainsaw i perfect, auto's are well balanced in 1.2 so y not just lower weapon strength by say 5-10% with barret inaccuracy, that sounds right. Law is kinda weak right now, i wanna keep the 1 sec b4 shooting and no falling off cliffs and shooting so i think reload time isn't that amazingly significant, u could maybe get 2 shots in like 8 secs...

kevith
January 23, 2004, 6:11 pm
I think that sounds like it would work just fine Blade. Does anyone else have an opinion on this? I've been reading all of these "1.2 improvement" threads and I still think that this is the best solution... but what do I know? It's nice that this thread hasn't really burst into flames... yet :P

N1nj@
January 23, 2004, 6:27 pm
quote:2.Fix up the law to get more users into it,...

what's wrong with the LAW? because you can't walk off on a ledge and shot? it wasn't suppose to be like that in the 1st place when Michal introduced LAW in the game. It was knida like a "bug".

?
January 23, 2004, 6:32 pm
yes i agree about the auto power, the power was fine in 115, i went into dna and about 3 people WEREN'T using an auto

Aquarius
January 23, 2004, 7:30 pm
> yes i agree about the auto power, the power was fine in 115,
> i went into dna and about 3 people WEREN'T using an auto

GOOD! I prefer 7 people with the auto than 7 people with the barret. There is 5 different autos in game and only one sniper rifle, so why everyone should use it?! (and use it not as a sniper rifle...) It is ridiculous.

TIR_Blade
January 23, 2004, 9:56 pm
Ok well, spyder, i mean that law is falling behind other secondaries like soccom because well, the 1 second b4 u shoot, it's good and all but that was one of the reasons most people used it, so u gotta get another reason for them to. The falling off the ledge was a bug, but it was another reason, so 2 reasons were taken away and i think something small should be better about it.

One gram-Maybe a TAD bit stronger than 1.1.5.

Aquarius-yes i agree, most should be using auto's maybe in a server with 10 players, 6-7 should be using auto's and 3-4 should be using M79/Sniper. So that means maybe 1 sniper and 1 M79er per team, that sounds amazing.

?
January 23, 2004, 10:00 pm
quote:GOOD! I prefer 7 people with the auto than 7 people with the barret. There is 5 different autos in game and only one sniper rifle, so why everyone should use it?! (and use it not as a sniper rifle...) It is ridiculous.

what about spas, ruger, deagles, and m79?

Aquarius
January 23, 2004, 10:04 pm
In 1.1.5 barret was used to much, in 1.2 autos are not, maybe a bit. The game's name is "Soldat" not "Barretard".

TIR_Blade
January 23, 2004, 11:38 pm
let's not flame and stick to the topic. I would even go as far as to take out shooting while standing/flying/running, but i think too many people would complain. Just making it inacurate while standing seems more reasonable.

ThaD
January 24, 2004, 11:12 am
and make the peace on the world!