( search forums )
Linux Dedicated Server
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Toufinet
January 23, 2004, 9:09 am
First of all , i'd like to thank Michal for making a good linux server .. ( administration is easier , etc ... )

But I have 2 questions ...

1° Why some people have some difficulties to enter in the server ?
( They press "Connect" , then wait .. and nothing happens ! )

2° I have the feeling that the Admin password changes ... In fact , I managed to admin my server after having started it , and after a few hours , SoldatAdmin said that my password was wrong !

Any-one to help me ?

Optik
January 23, 2004, 2:11 pm
#1 I had this problem but it wasn't soldat for me there was a firewall on my server and the udp port wasn't opened so the server was working and you could join it only if you ping it in the lobby first..... don't know if this is the problem for you but just brainstorming :P

#2 I have no idea lol I can't even login with soldat admin 1.2 to my server it like stalls for some reason

n00bface
January 23, 2004, 4:06 pm
About the password changing.. it doesn't change, the server just breaks (try joining the server and you'll get 'connection interrupted') Which is obviously a bug that needs to be fixed, because my server can only stay up 3 hours @ a time :\

Michal Marcinkowski
January 23, 2004, 5:29 pm
Try disabling logging, until I find a solution to these problems.

Baloou
January 27, 2004, 8:44 pm
Disabling logging doesn't work :( - Server works 3-5 hours and hangs and then admin password "changes". When that happens I try to join it and I'm in somethink like spectator mode, but I can't join. [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Requesting game]. Later my 3 servers dissapeare from list in lobby. [They are still working].