( search forums )
The weapons
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Anti-mff
January 23, 2004, 10:32 am
Which weapon do you think is best and which do you prefer?

Personally I just think autos, Barret and somewhat even Ruger is too boring to use and therefore I stick to the explosives.
The thing with these weapons is also that they provide so few limits. You can kill people on other side of walls (making it perfect for killing people that hide behind cover, you can shoot in a very curved way over obstacles and in that way blow people up that might think they´re safe, you can easily blow up every camper hiding in bushes and you can suprice people by using the bushes yorself.
M79, Law and grenades, mmmmmmmm. :)

arC
January 23, 2004, 11:22 am
Well what happens if you've fired all your shells and grenades and theres a whole army charging at you? You've not choice but to take the bullets and get blown away :) So with one-shot weapons such as M79 and Barret, I suggest you accompanyment it with a trusty US Socom. Unless you are versing someone 1 on 1 then a knife/law should do fine. Of course theres always the chainsaw for any situation, except for being pinned down by a sniper ;).

Anti-mff
January 23, 2004, 12:59 pm
I don´t think it´s much of a problem. If a whole bunch of players comes right at you it´s most unlikely that you would survive even if you had plenty of bullets. Therefore it´s good to have explosives for occasions like that too (better to kill one or two and hurt the rest with M79 than just to spray som bullets at them). Explosive weapons are at its best when your enemys advance in small groups (because your likely to hit more than one of them with the same shot).
USSOCOM is quite useless compared to Law. Law kills instantly and is almost garanteed to work. With M79 you don´t become a sitting duck for very long, why this really makes the difference.
When using Barret I do, however, agree that USSOCOM is the best secondary. Barret is hard to aim with and shoot much slower (years between shots and it takes even more years to reload it).

?
January 23, 2004, 6:39 pm
socom pwns every weapon ever

Aquarius
January 23, 2004, 7:37 pm
All secondary weapons are very good balanced now. In 1.1.5 LAW was to strong, but now it is OK. Maybe chainsaw is still to weak a bit, but it is just for fun, so maybe not.

AerialAssault
January 23, 2004, 8:35 pm
law should be replaced by an RPG7 and be given scope like the rpg7

Omenalimonadi-
January 23, 2004, 8:53 pm
I hate all weapons in that damned 1.*

Drama
January 23, 2004, 11:35 pm
It is Soldat

The Spot
January 25, 2004, 1:45 am
I gotta agree...socom rocks the house. Give me a socom and something that blows stuff up and I'm in business.

Dustbag
January 25, 2004, 5:48 am
Really depends. For a main weapon, I think Deagles and Mp5 are the PWN, but M79 and Barret are still really effective. For my secondary, If I want something useful and I'm running after a flagger, Socom is the way to go. Defending a stronghold, I prefer a LAW. On the move, it's really a matter of what mood I'm in. A chainsaw is fun when you're in tight spots like tunnels and it frustates the enemy so bad...hehe. In the open, I really like taking enemies down with a well placed knife or the Socom because with a chainsaw I'd have to actually get to them first. Still the knife makes them mad, so I really like it.

Dathker
January 25, 2004, 3:41 pm
hrm...right now(1.2) the game is way to easy no matter what you use...but anyways i normally start out as a ruger+knife...then i would go murder those barrettards, and then i steal it or "trade it with my knife" and then i have the ultimate set up.
otherwise now adays, i use autos cuz its kinda funny when i used to suck with them and now i can kill alll your asses with it :)

NightCabbage
January 26, 2004, 1:44 am
quote:Originally posted by Drama
It is Soldat

LIES!!

^^ really, there's only a few weapons I don't like to use:

Minigun
Spas
LAW
Chainsaw (Well, it's fun tho... lol)

Other than that, I rotate.

Oh, and... Socom pwns all :)

Kazuki
January 26, 2004, 5:29 am
Nuuu!!! I say Knife pwns all! :P Well, I guess it depends. Im a deagles user, so if I miss with knife its no problem, but if you use a long-reloading weapon, then Socom is best. In my case, ppl should fear my knife.

Roy
January 26, 2004, 5:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Dathker
hrm...right now(1.2) the game is way to easy no matter what you use...but anyways i normally start out as a ruger+knife...then i would go murder those barrettards, and then i steal it or "trade it with my knife" and then i have the ultimate set up.
otherwise now adays, i use autos cuz its kinda funny when i used to suck with them and now i can kill alll your asses with it :)

Hehe, same here; Ruger and Knife, and I take any Barrets I see around. I really despise the Barret and people who use it constantly, and would never select it as a primary weapon. But if I kill a Barreter, nothing will stop me from taking it as a secondary. Plus, you get to kill the Barreters with their own weapon, which is always fun (and also, althgouh I dislike the Barret, it does have its uses and is fun to snipe with.)

So, if no one was using Barrets in the game, I wouldn't be able to either, so I never actually contribute to the amount of Barrets in a game.

Other than that, I think the Ruger is the best weapon in the game. It is very accurate, has a high rate of fire, and is quite deadly at any range. For a secondary, I like the knife because if you use it right it is very effective, and after you use it you can pick it back up and use it immediately again! I used to use the Law because it's easy to hit someone with and is nice and strong, but the USSOCOM definitely has it's points (high rate of fire and reload, and it seems to be very accurate no matter if you are running, flying, or crouching.)

Hova
January 26, 2004, 5:54 am
I'm good enough with the deagles/law combo. When I need an auto, I pick up the FN minime.

Captain_Jimbo
January 26, 2004, 6:20 am

The FN Mini was always my first choice, but my bad dial-up connection prevented me from using it to it's full potential. Now that I finally got broadband, I've been able to mow down the opposition beautifully =) I <3 my sensible ping.

wert21
January 26, 2004, 3:27 pm
with 1.1.5 i usually used ak and m79...now i use ak more than other.law was the best,now secondary are very balanced,that's true.Knife sometimes doesn't kill in 1 shot...so it sucks now.

BManx2000
January 26, 2004, 4:05 pm
The knife was always like that... it only kills if it's going fast enough.

sande24
January 26, 2004, 4:30 pm
i use barret and kill somebody, but if i get killed by a huge bunch of other players i use minimi or steyr they are my favourite weapons... m79 is fked up now... hard to shoot anybody... i can use ak47 too it's a good killing weapon... when u can croush and shoot a lot, then u can use a minigun... sometimes i have got 4 kills in a row when shooting and throwing nades... eagles are slow and mp5 shoots from curves (one good thing on some maps) shotgun sucks from long distance and i cant get kills sometimes... i think they are all weapons i talked about... secondary weapons aren't in use when u have nades... sometimes i use the LAW

neo4em
January 26, 2004, 7:27 pm
it depends on the type of the match, which weapons you have to use, but in general all weapons are useful. i agree with the man who started topic - in deathmatch - m79+law.

sativa
January 26, 2004, 7:37 pm
Desert eagle's pwn u all

Hanyou
January 31, 2004, 8:42 am
It really does depend on the map. In close maps like ctf death, the minigun can be way more effective than on a more open playing field. I personally go with mp5+knife or m79+soccom for most situations

Sekushi
February 1, 2004, 8:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hanyou
It really does depend on the map. In close maps like ctf death, the minigun can be way more effective than on a more open playing field. I personally go with mp5+knife or m79+soccom for most situations

Careful, your post count is showing.

-Shady-
February 2, 2004, 2:44 am
Ruger, Barret, and Steyr work awesome for me, m97 annoys me to much and mini's are to fat

Law works great as secondary

Kaldaris
February 2, 2004, 3:28 am
Noone likes this MP5? I suppose Im the only one then.

MP5 + Ruger is my combo, though maybe not as effective as some of the combos other people have, its never boring to use.

M79 and Law is a very fun combo as well. :)

Hanyou
February 4, 2004, 3:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Sekushi
Careful, your post count is showing.

Oh, and I suppose you never had 9 (or would it be 10, now?) posts either? I've been playing the game for far longer than I've known about this forum, ya know...

And I use the mp5! Just not on as regular a basis as a good grenade launcher...

antiCamper
February 17, 2004, 3:52 pm
._.

Souza
February 17, 2004, 9:31 pm
personally i think that the best is probably for me m79. for the primary.
for the secondary i choose law or chainsaw. they completely own. i only miss good ol times for shooting mid air with law and in prone... and i guess that barret is getting better and better.. i am using it more now, and it is my successful weapon according to my statistics O.o

Kevio
February 17, 2004, 10:11 pm
I prefer the M79...it was the first weapon i started out with so i've gotten pretty good with it. The M79 with a side of Socom and some grenades, yea.

Sekushi
February 18, 2004, 4:29 am
Lol my stats for MP5 are 965/80, so I use the MP5, but I don't see many others.

dadarkman
March 14, 2004, 1:26 pm
d eagle rulezzzz[:D]
only supahguys can kill me if i use that weapon[:P]

eesahe
March 14, 2004, 3:35 pm
Barret is a very good secondary weapon.

that fuking sniper
March 14, 2004, 8:06 pm
The gun doesnt matter, its wielder does.

March 14, 2004, 10:43 pm
My personal choices are Barret and knife/mp5, mp5 and chainsaw, or m79 and knife/spas. If i can get ahold of the required weapons...

Icarius
March 14, 2004, 11:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
The gun doesnt matter, its wielder does.

I take it your a fan of Rugar then.
:D

It's true though, the only thing that matters is the person who uses the gun, unfortunatly, I think all the guns are overpowered right now so I will either say all... or none. But to pick a favorite.... Spas. Everyone knows it's the Spas I love most anyway. I see it as the weapon of choice for extreme DMer's.

Oh and Come 1.2.1, I've decided that a 20-25% decrease in power is the way forward.

eesahe
March 15, 2004, 10:24 am
I've used the AK for more than a year now, but I'm getting a little bored to it... I sometimes pick up M79, Deagles or Spas when I'm in the mood.
It's good to practise all the weapons, (almost) always when I kill a enemy I take his weapon as a secondary (except if he was wielding a secondary weapon).
It's pretty fun when you've got AK + Barret in DM, if you see a guy without much hp you can finish him with a AK. Otherwise you can just use your barret, and if you miss you can turn back to the AK. Also, with Barret and AK, it's fun to let him think you have only AK, and then suddenly switch to secondary and shoot him in the head.

My favourite secondary weapon is definetly USSOCOM, The Only Real Secondary Weapon!

March 15, 2004, 10:57 am
There's no such thing as a bad weapon. Except the minigun, now THAT's a bad weapon!

Deleted User
March 15, 2004, 12:23 pm
Minigun kicks ass.

RSFBLACKWARRIOR
March 24, 2004, 4:15 am
I usually use the steyer aug/law or the knife....if uve ever heard of knifey its freekin fun have an all out war of just knives. Im the co-leader of my clan and the other leader has a video of us playin knifey its bada*s

b00stA
March 24, 2004, 6:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Icarius
Oh and Come 1.2.1, I've decided that a 20-25% decrease in power is the way forward.

I think you're not really aware of what 20% decrease in power mean.. afair in the beta the autos have been powered up by about 10% first
"Auto weapons: power increased slightly"
but they were even stronger than they're right now.

I should check the beta forum for it.. but I don't really feel like searching through 13 pages :)

RSFBLACKWARRIOR
March 26, 2004, 3:32 am
I like the steyer aug/m72 or spaz/m72 i laso like the soccom and knives!!! the wonders of knifey!

smokices
March 26, 2004, 1:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by RSFBLACKWARRIOR
the wonders of knifey!

DAmn striaght, knifey kicks arse! Also, one of my fav weapon combos are M79 and socom. Socom kicks butt and will own anything! M79 is sweet for blowin anythin up. An auto weapon combo, steyr Aug and Knife

Mind
March 26, 2004, 3:19 pm
Hi guys

I've been playing a long time and have gone a long way, concerning weapons... when I first started as a lil' n00b, I only chose the barret+ US Socom - and never joined games with more than 3 other players, because I'd get killed *lol*

Next favorite weapon was ak + knife (finally found out, that you can throw the damn thing [:D])

Then my skill got a whole lot better and the accuracy of the ak wasnt enough - switched to steyr.

At this point I sorta got sick of the whole Machine gun thing, so I swithed to weapons, that require more accuracy - ruger. Didnt like this weapon a lot especcially in 1.2, because the damage decreases quite a lot the further your target is away... sux.

Next stop were the Deagles - didnt have em for a long time, they have a lot of killing power, but it's just not my kind of weapon I guess... still use 'em sometimes, though.

Well, after that I didnt really know what to frag with - I kinda was constantly switching between Steyr and Deagles - after a killing spree always going "Thats it, I'll never use another weapon!!!" But then came some guy who sloughtered me merciless - switched again *lough*

Well, right now I found my fav. weapon - the Spas. I have greatly improved my movement skills and ther is just no weapon, that comes close to the shotgun on short distances. What I like about it, is, that you can fire it while reloading, the high damage, and the accuracy - if you can predict the path of the shells correctly.

That's where I am at right now.

Weapons I never use, are definitle the grenade launcher, the LAW, the Minimi, the Minigun and the Chainsaw.
I only use the barret and the US Socom in CTF, when I have to snipe an enemy flag carrier. I think, sniping is boring. However, I will always trade a barrett for a knife.

I am just sick n tired of everyone using the m79 so I wanna make a difference... and the spas is great for killing the pyromaniacs. I dont even trade the m79 for my knife...

Surprisingly, I barly ever use grenades - gotta change that...

You know, what really pisses me of about the m79, is, that the guy can fire that thing standing right beside me, killing me and leaving himself unharmed - I think, the programmers definitely have to change that.
A greande launcher is not supposed to be a close-combat-weapon.

I have spoken.

Mind

Xenoid
March 28, 2004, 6:52 am
I think the minigun (0) and the minime(9) are good.
And in the secondary weapons department...only the M79 law.

chain saw charlie
March 29, 2004, 2:55 am
If u ask me my fav peapon is da Chainsaw >:) i love going up to already shot up,blown up corpses and choping em up even more!
nothing like the smell of bloodshed in the morning... ohhh yea but my fav guns are the ww2 moded guns >.< thay rock :D

palloco
March 29, 2004, 11:28 am
Woot another chaisnaw paranoic :D We will conquer the world

Toni_Cicerelli
March 30, 2004, 1:07 am
MP5 with a side of SOCOM. That's what I like for dinner.

Dragoon
April 24, 2004, 6:52 pm
I like combat knives o_O

Noobile
April 26, 2004, 6:36 am
Greets kids...

Personally, I like the Barret/mp5 combo. yes, yes, i know...another "barrettard" but it's what I did in the military for a couple of years. Although I dont really sit somewhere and camp all that terribly much, mostly in INF maps. I prefer the " in your face" approach with a barret...most people dont see it coming. Knives...definately, especially after I modded them to look like lightsabers (insert evil grin ) Laws, personally I find to be an innaccurate representation of what a law can really do... those suckers move.. alot.. the range on them is too short for my likes ( especially after firing a few of them myself). Mini's... forget that p.o.s. good for a supressing bit, or floating around, wich makes you an easy target for the serious barret noob ( if that insult made sense)... just my thoughts

DT
April 26, 2004, 2:13 pm
quote:I'm good enough with the deagles/law combo.
yes the best overall combo if you ask me ( mabye the knife to but the LAW is better![^])

Yasya
April 26, 2004, 4:26 pm
I like the d eagles and ak-74.
And socom is also good!
But, weapons may be changed when required.

kevith
April 26, 2004, 4:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Noobile
I prefer the " in your face" approach with a barret...most people dont see it coming.That's funny... I think it's about the only thing I ever see coming. [:-banghead]

April 26, 2004, 7:17 pm
Owned. Deagles and knife/barret am teh roxor.

BlackSpear
April 26, 2004, 11:00 pm
would marry the ruger/knife if it was possible

Noobile
April 27, 2004, 4:09 am
quote:Originally posted by kevith
[quote]That's funny... I think it's about the only thing I ever see coming. [:-banghead]

After careful consideration, and much needed testing of this thoery, I've come to the realization that only idiots rush up on a guy w/ a barret.. I spent most of the afternoon trying to see why people didntdo somthing about it....and much to my surprise.. it was the same people who fall for the same tactics, every time. such as ctf_run.. the tunnel underneath... hiding behind the pilars isnt new, but when you kill the same guy 15 times.... that leaves their intelligence in question, especially after one dies,( down there) you can "see" who killed you, they had to know I wasnt moving... just being an as**o*e...is it that obvious? I digress, I think I may become one of the folks who personally hate the barret when used in that senario( assault ). you're right, it's not the weapon's place, the weapon is meant for support, and long range tactial shooting... not "hi"*BLAMMO* you die, they laugh... explosives are becoming more of a good time, but too easy to frag tons of people with, especially if you have two, and a few nades...but thats my opnion... not that anyone cares...

Kamikaze_Ninja
April 27, 2004, 4:26 am
ak, knives, nades and im done =D

BlackSpear
April 27, 2004, 1:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by Noobile
After careful consideration, and much needed testing of this thoery, I've come to the realization that only idiots rush up on a guy w/ a barret..

Well you focus on making him miss and get as near to him as you can but still remain reletivly safe and when he misses, SURE AS HELL rush at him as fast as you can like you're [:-censored]'n possesed by satan!
(verry nicely said, damn I'm stoned :S)

Mooscu
April 27, 2004, 4:22 pm
Hmmm.... I like AK-74,Barret(and ruger, if i play in realistic mode.)
I don´t like minigun, because it´s hard to use it. WHO CAN USE IT VERY DEATHLY??
Law is very Good weapon, i think...
I want another bomb, BIG, but slow to reload.