( search forums )
Weapon Suggestions (was: Weapon whining!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Jackcolt
January 23, 2004, 1:22 pm
First I must say, STOP WHINING OVER WEAPONS!

So many is whining over the accurrecy(or something) of the barret while running. It's decreased try it yourself, if you run you wont stoot where you point its clear to see, unless your blind. And then somebody says its overpowered. STFU? The barret m82a1 50. bmg "light fifty) shot from a distance of 2 km, an APC(armored personal carrier) and killed the driver. Then the sniper could easily take down the rest. The weapon is very powerful in real life, and thats it. Second actually the weapon is semiautomatic, so the reload time after each shot shouldnt be that high. Well I can then say the accurrecy while running is to good, because you can't possibely run while aiming with that weapon. So I think either you couldn't shoot with it while running, or you'll have a terrible aim. That is that about the barret.

The deagles: Their accurrecy is terrible. The bullets lower much faster than the Socom fx. Which is odd? because it has a higher vilocity of fire, which means it fires faster, and therefore more powerful and longer that the Socom!

The Ak: I don't believe that weapon has a 40 shot magazine, but tell me if I'm wrong.

The minimi: That weapon is to weak. In the game a socom is about of the same power. This is a machinegun, it has 7.62 milimetres bullets!

The Minigun: A Gatling gun in real life would scatter the head of person if it hits! So it's also to weak.

I think that was that, but please tell me if you have something to say

Chakra
January 23, 2004, 1:36 pm

..i don't get it ..is this a topic to ask people to stop whining, or a whine about weapons?

Jackcolt
January 23, 2004, 2:19 pm
ups, got a wrong headline.

Its a topic to show that the games weapons arent realistic, and its a topic about saying STOP WHINING. I'm not whining over the weapons, i think they are fine.

Rambo_6
January 23, 2004, 3:48 pm
Jackcolt, you have some valid points. In real life, firing a sniper at a person while running would do anything but kill them. If you've played halo, you'd know the sniper is crap while it's zoomed out, and is even worse to use while running. the same should apply to Soldat.

The Ak-74 should keep it's 40 clip magazine, because every newbie needs a solid gun like it with a reasonable clip.

The Minimi and the Gatling Gun should have slightly more powerful bullets, but not to the extent that it would take 15 shots to kill someone. That would be almost like cheating.

That's what I have to say.

Jackcolt
January 23, 2004, 5:31 pm
Yes you're right.

I know the weapons shouldn't be completely realistic because then i'd just sit back a place and pick out target with barret, knowing it can shoot through panser.
If I should say my suggestions it would be:

Deagle: Shooting further without the bullet falling down.
Mp5: Nothing here really, its fine with the fire rate and the acurracy and the power.
Ak 74: great job here, just keep the 40 ammo mag.
Steyr: This weapon is actually to weak. It's weaker than the mp5 which is odd(Bullet start power = 20.8, mp5 is : Bullet start power = 22.8)
Spas 12: Fine job on that one, but maybe better speed.
Ruger-77: Also fine, but maybe faster bullet speed, and weaker power.
m79: Nothing to say here.
Barret m82a1 50. bmg "light fifty" [:D] : Short of my other text. The weapon should have terrible acurracy when running, but faster reload.
M249 "minimi": Should be more powerful but not much.
XM214 Minigun: This one should be some more powerful, of course not as powerful in as in real life, but i'd say Bullet starting power: 20.

Socom: Fine
Knife: Fine
LAW: I hate the weapon my self, but I think it shouldn't be changed.
Chainsaw: Bad weapon, but how should they change it?
Fists: Fine
Flamethrower: It is a powerup so it's fine.

kevith
January 23, 2004, 5:59 pm
About the "Fists" is it just me or is anyone else getting killed by someone's fist as you run by them? Is this like the quivalent of them sticking their leg out and tripping you? lol... Anyway I've been punched to death a lot more in 1.2... is it more powerful?

Jackcolt
January 23, 2004, 6:28 pm
I really dont know. I use the knife when in close quarters combat, and if I throw it, I'll just pick it up, just pick another weapon up. I don't use my fists..

Omenalimonadi-
January 23, 2004, 8:46 pm
Weapons. Are. Good. Like. This.

kevith
January 23, 2004, 8:53 pm
well the fists aren't even bc they're trying to kill me w/ fists. It's more of I go by and they hit me w/ the butt of their gun and I die whereas it used to just knock my weapon out of my hands.

Rambo_6
January 24, 2004, 5:45 am
Spas 12 shouldn't be changed. It was meant for closer quarter combat, which is why bullet speed is slower.

I personally think the ruger is fine, but should have a slightly faster bullet speed. and maybe a slightly longer reload time.

And LAW's piss me off. Why cant they be shot while standing or something? Just jack up the reload time and make it possible to stand while firing, then you'll have a decent rocket launcher.

Jackcolt
January 24, 2004, 10:20 am
I still think LAW should be as it is. Because everyone uses it at start and kills 1 person unless they are noobs. About that crouching thing, i think they should also be able to shoot from standing position, but not while laying...

Rambo_6
January 24, 2004, 1:57 pm
well, make the LAW have a relad time when you first take it out, like the M79.

Silent-Thunder
January 24, 2004, 10:50 pm
actually the barret did have poor accuracy while moving in 1.1.5 dunno why michal changed it, now its possible to nail someone on the other side of the screen while on the move, just crazy! Also, I don't get why he can't just turn the barret into an AWP, I mean thats a high powered sniper rifle, with a small clip too.

Leo Da Lunerfox
January 24, 2004, 10:58 pm
Law standing? That would just cause mayham. Soldat would mean a hugh Law fight right in the air, and snipers shooting on the ground.

Rambo_6
January 25, 2004, 3:06 pm
yes, but after firing a LAW, the reload time could be INSANELY big, like 10 seconds. that would encourage ppl to only use it once. :)

Jackcolt
January 25, 2004, 3:14 pm
First of all, no the Law has a start reload time on about a ½, maybe 1 sec, which is to small then. Because when you start with barret the reload time is on 4, and with m79 the reload time is on 3 sec. So look it at this way. The Law's missle is about the same power of an m79 grenade. So with the 1/3 time of a primary weapon you can easily kill a guy because it is a AOE(area of effect) weapon. Yes the part about the Law standing is true, that would cause mayhem. What should the reload time then be? 5 sec? thats almost about a Barrets reload time. Remember it's a primary weapon. 10 sec is just the right time. If it encourage people to use it only once, then that is the peoples own problem!

Stoned Hyena
January 25, 2004, 3:47 pm
ok people, this is a [:-censored]ing game.
don't ask for realistic [:-censored], if you don't like it go play counterstrike!

Jackcolt
January 26, 2004, 9:05 pm
First of all, I also play counter strike, AND THAT IS NOT REALISTIC! :D