( search forums )
SHUT UP!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
cup_of_squirrels
January 23, 2004, 8:37 pm
Look, to all of those people saying 1.2 sucks, just shut up. Michael has worked his butt off and it shows. There is no such thing as the perfect game ok? Sure theres gonna be a couple of bugs (like the filter bug) but that doesnt stop Soldat doing what it does best...being the fastest, loudest multiplayer action game in the world ok? Good, rant over [:D]

karmazonpl
January 23, 2004, 8:40 pm
if you people think soldat 1.2 sucks, just make a better game !

Omenalimonadi-
January 23, 2004, 8:51 pm
Shush shush

Meh shushs!

?
January 23, 2004, 9:57 pm
yeah people suck and btw squirrles sweet avatar man

cup_of_squirrels
January 24, 2004, 9:58 am
Thx ^-^

Also, Im sure Mike will carry on developing soldat. Hey, we might even hit Soldat 2!

ThaD
January 24, 2004, 11:06 am
jeez another useless topic, move it to bashpit

cup_of_squirrels
January 24, 2004, 11:08 am
Why is this useless? I mean, if this is useless, then every single other discussion talking about how "crap" soldat is should head of to.

btw your hamster is scaring me 0_o

sande24
January 24, 2004, 12:51 pm
I think 1.2 is bad only for the weapon settings... got used to 1.1.5 and cant get used to 1.2... if the settings would be put back the way they used to be everyone (exept noobs :P) would be happy

Kazuki
January 24, 2004, 2:23 pm
Know why you think that? Because ppl complained over and over again how the barret wasnt good enough. Michal then had to make the barret BETTER instead in order to not lose half the Soldat population -.- So if he made the barret better than he would have to make every other wep better as well in hopes of achieving balance. So to those of you who think the weps suck, you did this to yourselves. Follow squirrels orders and shut the hell up.

Droopy
January 24, 2004, 2:30 pm
We'll get used to the new weapon settings Sande. I like the new sg settings!

This version is the freakin gratest!

koil
January 24, 2004, 2:40 pm
i'm sorry, but why does a weapon that has 30bullets, shoots VERY fast, has a great arc and doesnt really need a skill, can own (badly, if i can say) a weapon that has only 1bullet, shoots preety slow, has good arc also, and yet - this weapon involves with skill.

yes folks, i'm talking about the mp5 vs m79. i guess the answer for that is beyond me.

cup_of_squirrels
January 24, 2004, 3:30 pm
Look, we have moaned enough. There are loads of other topics for you to moan in. Just play, enjoy and breathe the unique atmosphere that is Soldat!

palloco
January 24, 2004, 3:43 pm
People complained that barret was not good enough??? When had this happened? I just know than more than half comunity weere using it...maybe becuz it was the better gun

cup_of_squirrels
January 24, 2004, 4:01 pm
Well, sniper rifles have always been popular in well....video game history so, people expect the best!

Kazuki
January 24, 2004, 4:44 pm
Yes half the Soldat community (almost) complained about Michal's decision to nerf the barret in order to achieve balance. And this is what they got.

Hova
January 24, 2004, 5:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonpl
Thats not a valid point, you know. Say your car breaks down, and then you say it sucks. Then someone wanders by and says to make your own. You can't, can you?

b00stA
January 24, 2004, 5:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hova
Thats not a valid point, you know. Say your car breaks down, and then you say it sucks. Then someone wanders by and says to make your own. You can't, can you?

You don't have to pay for Soldat, even if you do, it's only 9 $

Now, how much does a car cost? A bit more.
You just can't compare Soldat with a car..

Spectral
January 24, 2004, 6:05 pm
quote:ppl complained over and over again how the barret wasnt good enough. Michal then had to make the barret BETTER instead in order to not lose half the Soldat population -.- So if he made the barret better than he would have to make every other wep better as well in hopes of achieving balance. So to those of you who think the weps suck, you did this to yourselves. Follow squirrels orders and shut the hell up.

Well sadly I had no idea that some fools wanted the barret better. Neither have I seen many people enthusiastically cheering the barret's improvements. What's going on here? Well maybe they're they're keeping it to themselves, and keeping themselves from getting brutally flamed. And "those of you who think the weps suck, you did this to yourselves"...wouldn't those people be the one's who wanted the barret to be weakened? If that's the case then how did they do it to themselves? But nonetheless, there's time to get used to this new situation. Eventually people will end up enjoying the new version...hopefully.

Kazuki
January 24, 2004, 6:27 pm
Oops, youre right Spec :P I was half asleep. I meant to say : So those of you who hate the weps, dont blame Michal, blame some of the barretards out there for whining to him and taking control. Idiots. But anyway, yeah I think the weps are ok.I mean, Im content and I wont whine :)

Hova
January 24, 2004, 6:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
quote:Originally posted by Hova

You don't have to pay for Soldat, even if you do, it's only 9 $

Now, how much does a car cost? A bit more.
You just can't compare Soldat with a car..
I wasn't comparing, I was giving an example. You can't just say "it sucks", but you also can't say "well go build your own". If you really think about it, it doesn't make sense. Unless he has the know how to build a comparable game, that means he can't give his opinion on the subject. Just because he cannot make his own program doesn't mean he can't comment on soldat.

Again, most people wouldn't be allowed to post opinions on things, just because they can't make it themselves.

Get my drift now?

AerialAssault
January 24, 2004, 6:59 pm
funneh, i dont see many barretards anymore, mostly auto users

Sekushi
January 24, 2004, 8:37 pm
Damn it, this sucks that my computer crashed RIGHT [like, hours before] 1.2 was released. Now I can't offer a rebut whether 1.2 is good or bad. But I bet it kicks ass. :| So stfu.

IBT
January 24, 2004, 10:34 pm
squirrel has a point, i just get back and what fo i see, well, i saw 1.2 for the 1st time, but... i got that and checked it out... soo.. anysay, back to what im going to say, i see ppl saying it blows! now i agree a little by saying soldat it self isnt that great, but i saw CTF Death and its uberness (everyone has to agree, for polys like this that looks nice) i noticed a HUGE diffrence, 1.2 is a lot better than b4, but now, everyone says it blows, and when 1 person alone, 1 PERSON makes a game like this, he SHOULD be given at least that 8th star out of 10.

ps. barret blew in the 1st place cause ppl kept useing it over and over, mike shoulda made it so you had to duck/prone in order to see that Xhair

Souza
January 24, 2004, 10:53 pm
it's just like that.. Michal did all the work, with the help of betatesters and everybody else, but he isnt VALVE or EA or w/e.. i personally think that the autos may be a little bit overpowered, and that the barret is cool now.. but it is a huge difference between 1.1.5 and 1.2 and i think most of it was for the best.. and u can always count on the marvelous updates that are to come :D

*PEACE! ENJOY SOLDAT*

Shadowsx2eso
January 25, 2004, 4:12 am
this is by far the 1337357 topic ive seen 2day.

cup_of_squirrels
January 25, 2004, 11:59 am
wtf shadow?

Anyway, going back to the 'car' issue. Computers are, well, wierd. It doesnt really matter who you are, its suprisingly simple to learn new skills on the computer...I have been able to do loads of stuff, like make web pages, create a couple of skins of the grandaddy of games, Half Life, make a clan (:D leader of Rebel Nation), create mods, create graphics and im in the middle of learing C Programming (simple 3d-ish games).

And IBT is right. Michael is a one man army. When I was in the modding community for Half Life the teams were well..quite big. I havn't seen anything like what mike has done before. He created his OWN engine, sounds, graphics, ideas. He pretty much made an entire game by himself. Now I dont know, but thats something can go down in the "greatest achievments of the 21st Century book"*

So play, enjoy and do your best to win!

*This does not yet exsist. In fact, I dont think it ever will :D

Zit
January 25, 2004, 12:51 pm
SoLdAt Is BoLlOcs!!!!!!!!!!![:(!] it looks like something off "click and play". for those of you who dont know "click and play" is a very cheesy game maker that even i could use. I would show you how easy it is to make a game like that but i dont want to wase my moneyon crappy "click and play"

i hope that you all grow up and play better games like counter-strike or Unreal Tournament 2003

Zit
January 25, 2004, 12:57 pm
this cup_of_squirells guy really is a twit and is in need of a life and some REAL friends and some DECENT computer games

I hope everybody like him will see the error of his ways and stop playing soldat. You have the power to stop!

b00stA
January 25, 2004, 1:00 pm
Don't reply to Zit, just ignore him..
he'll die of lack of ATTENTION.

cup_of_squirrels
January 25, 2004, 1:27 pm
Hmm, obviously zitboy (who lives not to far from where i do) doesnt seem to know true art when it comes his way :D

IBT
January 27, 2004, 10:33 pm
"I hope that you all grow up and play better games like counter-strike or Unreal Tournament 2003"

WAIT a min here, this guy thinks cs is better than soldat?!?!?!?!?! i can undersatand with ut2003 coz its basically a HL clone of UT, but cs tho? thats so pathetic it dosent deserved to have uppercase letters.

but soldat you have to agree gamewise isnt too great, if you throw away all that extra credit for being standalone and all that id give soldat a 5 of 10, yet soldat, like any other game, can be the best if you find a good server with good people and enjoy yourself, everyone should agree they dont want to spend a whole game getting helplessly eatin alive by a big ailen, (this made a few hate threads in the NS forums) or getting helplessy sniped out of the air by a barret rambo.

I bet you all $10cad this guy just had a bad soldat experance, or he met a no asshole server and got banned. :)

juice _ box
January 27, 2004, 11:39 pm
His name is michal not micheal and we have the freedom to express our opinions, that doesnt mean you need to like it.

n/a
January 27, 2004, 11:54 pm
Somebody please ban Zit because he himself said he hate soldat, so do him a favor and ban him.

juice _ box
January 28, 2004, 12:35 am
Just make him a muppet and make his avatar a marmot.

IBT
January 29, 2004, 1:07 pm
heh... muppet...

cup_of_squirrels
January 29, 2004, 6:36 pm
XD yeah make him Oscar the Grouch!

btw, he has NEVER played Soldat. I know, he hasn't gien it a chance yet....hes part of the frag community....im not saying theyre all bad, its just influencing him to hate Soldat :)

CbbLe
January 29, 2004, 7:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
Know why you think that? Because ppl complained over and over again how the barret wasnt good enough. Michal then had to make the barret BETTER instead in order to not lose half the Soldat population -.- So if he made the barret better than he would have to make every other wep better as well in hopes of achieving balance. So to those of you who think the weps suck, you did this to yourselves. Follow squirrels orders and shut the hell up.

or maybe you shut up if you dont know anything.
Michal did make Barret completely useless in one of the betaversions. It were no chance in hell it could stand up vs any automatics. This is why we wanted it better. Sorry enough it became too good along with all the other guns.

Rambo_6
January 30, 2004, 3:09 am
I think the barret is annoying. In most of the online games i've played, the population got mad at the sight of a barret. Those of you who think you're "original" because you hide in a bunker and obtain your kills by sniping, get a grip. that's what most people want to do.

it's like listening to a cool song, but then having the radio play it over and over till you get sick to the stomach, y'know what i mean?

cup_of_squirrels
January 30, 2004, 5:50 pm
I know just what you mean!

Sekushi
January 30, 2004, 10:40 pm
Wow, I'm think I see a "remove the barret" thread brooding.

jerka
January 30, 2004, 11:19 pm
ok i must admit. I love soldat and its a great game and michal is a god for doing this alone, but i HATE the goddamn barret. Really HATE it. Call me pathetic if you want, but i think that a sniper weapon should not be able to be used as an assault weapon.

Captain RibMan
January 30, 2004, 11:48 pm
soldat = swiss cake roll
swiss cake roll = awexome
therefore soldat = awexome

cup_of_squirrels
January 31, 2004, 12:40 pm
lol ribman

Well, there is only one main way to stop this barret dispute: weapon number restrictions.

It's a risky idea though, if we have a limited number of barrets we could have limited m79s, rugers, mini-gun and mp5k! Its an option but a dangerous one :x

Sekushi
February 1, 2004, 8:48 pm
...That's the most retarted thing I've ever heard of.

Captain RibMan
February 2, 2004, 5:52 am
Thats just crazy enough to work

gunny
February 2, 2004, 9:59 pm
the thing about the mp5 and the m79 and barret is this
now poeple can finally have a chance to kill the camper/sniper faggot in the bushes
before he gets shot

IBT
February 2, 2004, 11:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by cup_of_squirrels
lol ribman

Well, there is only one main way to stop this barret dispute: weapon number restrictions.

It's a risky idea though, if we have a limited number of barrets we could have limited m79s, rugers, mini-gun and mp5k! Its an option but a dangerous one :x

COS is right, it works, DOD proved it "Damnit guys, could i get a damn MG, no ones covering the underpass!"