( search forums )
My 2 cents
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
BMF
January 23, 2004, 10:06 pm
It's time for me to create my own thread about the whole 1.2 situation. There are so many heated debates about it, and this is a chance for me to look at the situation from a slightly different angle.

Soldat is NOT a free game. Soldat is shareware. The assumption is that you try out the game, and if you like it, you pay $9 and register it. Nine dollars is a humble fee for a autonomic online game, with a free working lobby. I already registered my game 4 times, over the year that i had been playing. I am going to register it again in February, because i feel that Michal deserves to get some kind of retribution for all of his efforts.

So many of you here sit around and flame the new version like no tomorrow. Who here is registered?? At the most, ten perctent. I go on a public server, and RARELY i see another person with a star by his name.

If i was Michal i would shut down soldat, and stop updating it. What a bunch of ungrateful mother[:-censored]ers. And on top of that, you are not even registered!!

You know what i think? You dont have a star by your name - shut the [:-censored] up. You are a freeloader my friend. I am not saying everybody HAS to register this game, and it is not pay for play. But give Michal a break, you dont like it, leave. You like it stay.

But in any case register it, give credit for all his work.

Styx please dont move this thread, it belongs here

Roy
January 23, 2004, 10:15 pm
How about no? We're entitled to our opinions also. Whether we are registered or not makes little difference. No one has the power to dictate who has the "right" to complain.

karmazonpl
January 23, 2004, 11:05 pm
Well BMF is right.
If you don't like the game - don't download it.
Registering is like buying the game.

ps. I'm registered because of my graphic in the game.. :(

morpheus
January 23, 2004, 11:59 pm
ok, here's my 2 cents:

every time a new version comes out, there's always whining and bitching the 1st few days, which is totally ridiculous, given the fact that the whiners haven't played long enough to adjust to the new game play.

this has happened as far back as i can remember, when i 1st started playing during the 1.0.3 era, and it still continues to this day, a friggin year later.

my advice: shut the hell up and play the game, give it at least a week to get used to the new physics, and then, if you still have complaints, make them known in a mature and understandable fashion open for a mature debate.

and on a side note, no, i'm not registered. never have and never will. i feel that the traffic i send to soldat from my various web sites has paid the reg fee (at the very least) 10 times over or more, so i feel that i have done more than my part, considering that advertisement doesn't come cheap, especially on the web.

liquidis x snake
January 24, 2004, 12:03 am
okay, well... here's my two cents.

[IMAGE]

We don't need another 1.2 topic, just post all your opinions in one thread titled "Your opinions about 1.2"

AerialAssault
January 24, 2004, 12:05 am
im poor, i cant afford 2 cents

karmazonpl
January 24, 2004, 12:25 am
[IMAGE]
here's my 50 cent
and I totally agree with morpheus, whiners just didn't play enough to say something about the game

Spitzfiya
January 24, 2004, 1:54 am
Hes got underwear on his head!

Famine
January 24, 2004, 2:24 am
I say there should be a trial limit. I mean 9 BUCKS!!!! If you think about Mike is the one loosing, be grateful and register.

kevith
January 24, 2004, 2:42 am
Maybe I missed something but I didn't think this thread was really about 1.2. It's about the staggering amount of people who play and enjoy SOLDAT yet for some reason or another don't register. Now I'm sure some of you have really good reasons, but I suspect that the majority of you are just cheap and/or lazy. Now that I can see at a glance who has registered on a server it kind of pisses me off to see 1 or 2 registered players in a 12+ person server. Now I suppose it is possible that Michal is an altruistic individual who just wants to make everybody happy... but for some reason I doubt that is his ultimate motivation. Maybe it's time we stopped listening to the opinions of the unregistered? They don't even care enough to register the game, why should we care if they're unhappy with aspects of the game?

And that's my $0.02....

juice _ box
January 24, 2004, 2:49 am
He has my 9 dollars, i'm going to complain as much as I want.

morpheus: Your opinions and views dont mean jack [:-censored], same goes for mine and everyone else's so heres my 2 cents.
no more topics on this matter, eather go play or spank your monkey, but don't waste space on the forum.

Dustbag
January 24, 2004, 9:31 am
I'll be brief and concise.

1. Every version changes, in every known online game to me, there are GAZILLIONS of whiners. Don't bother, they're hopeless noobs.

2. About registering, OMFG, those who say they can't afford it can suck my hairy balls. I have expenses (like 95% of my paycheck goes into my rent) that are like 130% of what I earn (thus I am slowly getting poorer and poorer), and still I've registered the game one year ago and would do so again anytime. It's freaking NINE BUCKS!!! I make that in half an hour! Cheap [:-censored]s!!

3. My dog can lick his own genitals. I wish I was a dog.

Chakra
January 24, 2004, 1:40 pm
[:-devil] Mom! Mom!

[:X] What is it now dear, did the barretman try to grab you from under the bed again?

[:-devil] No mom! I found this really really cool game online and it's really cool but you gotta pay for it! Can I have 9 bucks?!

[:X] ..*sigh* ... Tommy, you're only 12, and I understand the world seems very exciting and accessable to you right now, but money is very important. Beside's I bought you 'Grand Theft Auto 5: Parking in India' just last week.

[:-devil] But mommmmmm! You spend more than $9 a week on smoking gambling and alphabetti spaghetti!

[:X] Well maybe if your daddy hadn't come out of the closet and left us for that SuperKill I wouldn't smoke from stress and try to gamble our way out of a mortgage! Now go back outside and try to look pathetic...maybe someone will give you money.

wert21
January 24, 2004, 2:04 pm
BMF,you're right...20 percent of players are registered...not me.but i'm thinkin to do it.
But why the f**k you registered 4 times?

Hitman
January 24, 2004, 2:13 pm
I completely agree with BMF

Kazuki
January 24, 2004, 2:14 pm
I agree with Chak, if he's saying what I think he's saying. Most of us dont even have access to 9 bucks. Our parents dont give jack shyt about our games and we either dont have enough time to get a job due to school and extracurricular activities or were too yuong to get one. Me, for one, I'm 14, and my mom wouldnt give me any money whatsoever. BTW, my parents are divorced and my dad lives in Colorado, so Im not gonna ask him for 9 bucks since I live in Chicago. Even though it seems like I have a lot of time on my hands right now, I dont. And Im not gonna get a job only to quit after my first paycheck! I starved myself through lunch at school and saved the money I had, $1.95 at a time :P So I'm sorry for sayin this but DON'T TELL PEOPLE IF THEY WANT TO OR DONT WANT TO REGISTER!!! For fuks sake, maybe we cant in the first place, dammit!

Cookie.
January 24, 2004, 4:37 pm
lol chakra funneh i registered i am teh happeh now if you register u will be too lol

BManx2000
January 24, 2004, 5:14 pm
I'd ask my mom to let me pay 9$ of my OWN money, but questions that I already know the answer to don't need to be asked :/

Hova
January 24, 2004, 5:31 pm
I bought my copy, and I haven't regretted it. Probably never will regret it.

BMF
January 24, 2004, 7:22 pm
wert21, i am just supporting the game. I try to register it once a month.

Chakra, you are funny as [:-censored] lol. That was a classic haha

NightCabbage
January 25, 2004, 5:39 am
Personally, I don't think that an entire column in the stats screen should be wasted just to show who's registered or not.

ass_wipe
January 25, 2004, 5:50 am
i dont know if anyone's familiar with the MOD community (For UT2003, Half life, etc.) but they make fun games for free that people enjoy and they spend years of their lives doing it. and then people like BMF claim people should STFU because they didnt shell out 9 bucks! It was Mikes decision to make his game free, not yours, BMF, so you have no right to tell people who can bitch or not. I am registered, BTW.

Dustbag
January 25, 2004, 6:10 am
Well, se it this way cabbage. Michal wants more people to register. How...hey! Why not put a little star besides their name...it'll make them feel special and it costs nothing!

Then you have a bunch of people that look super cool in servers where they are the only ones registered.

Makes me feel like a lot of people will want to be that cool. Good move IMO.