( search forums )
game setting made for noobs game made for vets eh?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Camping_Carl
January 24, 2004, 2:06 am
Hmmmmm well i wonder why this hasnt been done...

Well... i was thinking about how every one thinks the game is made to easy now with all the easy stuff and aiming and crap.. Well i would call the new setting a setting made for noobs indeed i would...

Well i thought about it and why not make a setting for Vets where every thing is harder to do... harder to kill someone make it so it would take chest shot and above to kill an enemy with the barret make the machine guns the way they use to be.

Hmm.... it would be like.. another setting Kinda like realistic but it would be =\ super unrealistic

I know this sounds hard to do but i personally think its a great idea so if you suck at soldat you can play The normal version and if you want to play the vet setting! you just go to a vet server or something hmm.....

see now its better

Chakra
January 24, 2004, 2:11 am

..I ain't touching this topic with a 10ft pole..

Dragon88
January 24, 2004, 2:12 am
*sigh* the last thing we need is n00bs staying that way. If n00bs play with vets, they eventually become vets too.

The n00bs of today are the vets of tomorrow.

CardBoardWarrior
January 24, 2004, 3:07 am
I just want a server option to only allow in registered players...

Dragon88
January 24, 2004, 3:17 am
W/e... your choice. I'm suprised at just how few registered players there are.

n00bface
January 24, 2004, 3:36 am
quote:I just want a server option to only allow in registered players...

Best.. Suggestion.. Ever..

juice _ box
January 24, 2004, 3:44 am
even newbs are capable of registering. :O !!!

frogboy
January 24, 2004, 4:03 am
Agreed. At any given time, there's bound to be some newb going OMFG LOK @ MAI SUPAR-LEET JETZ END KOOL INTRFAC!

Hova
January 24, 2004, 4:55 am
My jets do pwn though :P

I think thats a good idea, its also surprising to see that there are one or two people reg'ed in each server, including me.

kevith
January 24, 2004, 6:40 am
quote:Originally posted by CardBoardWarrior
I just want a server option to only allow in registered players...
so simple yet so profound... But who would we play with? From what I can tell there are only about 5 registered users in all of soldat ;) lol

DarkSSJ3
January 24, 2004, 7:46 am
I hold a record... I was the only regged player on a server with the max number of players. Now that made all of them look like a bunch of cheap [:-censored]s since there were quite a few people there that were really good.

coolsi
January 24, 2004, 10:25 am
I was on DNAgames the other day and all of us were regged...so there must be at least 10 :P

doffencom
January 24, 2004, 12:10 pm
unreal for noobs and real for ubah 1337 meee

Stoned Hyena
January 25, 2004, 3:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Camping_Carl
Hmmmmm well i wonder why this hasnt been done...

Well... i was thinking about how every one thinks the game is made to easy now with all the easy stuff and aiming and crap.. Well i would call the new version a version made for noobs indeed i would...

Well i thought about it and why not make a version for Vets where every thing is harder to do... harder to kill someone make it so it would take chest shot and above to kill an enemy with the barret make the machine guns the way they use to be.

Hmm.... it would be like.. another setting Kinda like realistic but it would be =\ super unrealistic

I know this sounds hard to do but i personally think its a great idea so if you suck at soldat you can play The normal version and if you want to play the vet version you just go to a vet server or something hmm.....

i have to agree with you, version 1.2 is way easier (harder for me) for newbs.

machine guns do way to much damage now, i liked the old version where the ruger, eagles etc. were still good weapons.
in this version they lost a lot of their value because of the improved damage of machine guns.

i don't really think there should be 2 version, newb and veteran.
if you keep playing you'll eventually get better...

if you look at the previous versions you could see that there were weapons how would make it easier for newbs.

they could switch to a more advanced weapon as they got more experienced.

example : minigun -> steyr aug -> minimi -> ruger.

palloco
January 25, 2004, 3:44 pm
Yeah CC, I agree with you.

"they could switch to a more advanced weapon as they got more experienced.

example : minigun -> steyr aug -> minimi -> ruger."
Harrr?!!!?

n/a
January 25, 2004, 4:52 pm
lol, i think it's better to get a choice between gamemodes not referring to skills of the player.

Why not have a soldat where you can choose between a 1.1.5 and 1.2 gameplay in the beginning of the game with the graphics of 1.2.
Make besides 'realistic' a 'nostalgic' gamemode (or another name..) for the 1.1.x or 1.0.x lovers.

I wonder why this never has been proposed...

Stoned Hyena
January 25, 2004, 5:07 pm
in fact it has been, it's a sticky thread.

n/a
January 25, 2004, 6:57 pm
ow sorry, hmm, never saw that one

DesFS
January 25, 2004, 7:35 pm
1.1.5 was much harder. I had to learn the hard way!!!
But yeah, playing with n00bs can be frustrating. But limiting them to a server is not good, because they don't learn. They just learn more n00b tactics instead of learning vet moves.

minigun > hk mp5 > deagles > m79
USSOCOM > m72 LAW

n00bs usually go (like I was before) for the cool weapons or weapons that they know are cool (eg. the minigun from Terminator 2). But as they get up there, they eventually start using vet weapons that require skill more than clicking a mouse.

NightCabbage
January 26, 2004, 2:20 am
Sorry, but I disagree with having 2 versions, in this case segregation is a bad thing :P

DesFS
January 26, 2004, 2:24 am
Yes. So all we can do is move on.

Camping_Carl
January 26, 2004, 5:47 pm
wouldnt be two versions it would be differnt difficulty... like realistic it would be the oppisite.

palloco
January 26, 2004, 7:42 pm
At the same way we have realistic and normal why not adding one more mode?

F842
January 26, 2004, 7:50 pm
I too think that 2 versions is a bad thing.

Camping_Carl
January 27, 2004, 3:45 am
wtf... i mean take away realistic... its crap now! i mean 1 hit with a pistol and boom your dead... take away realstic make the orginal version realstic and make a normal mode so you have more endurance! boom there we all win

palloco
January 27, 2004, 8:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Camping_Carl
wtf... i mean take away realistic... its crap now! i mean 1 hit with a pistol and boom your dead... take away realstic make the orginal version realstic and make a normal mode so you have more endurance! boom there we all win

You are probalby right, but I did not know becuz nobody plays it so never tried it

Aquarius
January 27, 2004, 10:21 pm
by CC:
> take away realistic... its crap now! i mean 1 hit with a pistol and boom your dead

More people plays realistic in 1.2 than in 1.1.5. It means that changes in realistic in 1.2 are good.

by Palloco:
> nobody plays it

Don't lie.

Camping_Carl
January 28, 2004, 4:10 am
bah i never knew that >.>