( search forums )
I didn't quite understand...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Rambo_6
January 24, 2004, 6:32 am
Okay, Can someone tell me how to host a server in easy to swallow terms?

And is it possible to host a server without playing? Can you host custom maps on your server? can you host your server on a website so you dont have to continually play on the server?

so many questions...

coolsi
January 24, 2004, 9:45 am
quote:is it possible to host a server without playing?
Yes, just choose "Dedicated Server" from the Soldat bit in the Start menu.

quote:Can you host custom maps on your server?
Yes, put them into your maps dir and then add the map name to mapslist.txt. Remember that people who want to play on your server will also need those custom maps.

quote:can you host your server on a website so you dont have to continually play on the server?
Not quite sure what you mean here...but you can't host your server on a website. See above about running a dedicated server so that you don't have to play on it all the time. :)

Rambo_6
January 25, 2004, 2:54 pm
Ok, i threw out the dedicated server icon a long time ago, so how can i get it back?

btw, thx for the help.

sauron_the_deceiver
January 25, 2004, 6:13 pm
You have to run Soldat.exe with "-dedicated" after the directive.

What I would do is create a .txt file, inside the file type:

@echooff
soldat.exe -dedicated

Save the file inside the base soldat directory, and rename is 'dedicated server.bat'

Run that and it should start soldat in windowed mode, and when you start a game it will be a dedicated server (check all network settings first in Options).

Rambo_6
January 28, 2004, 4:31 am
There's a batch file for the dedicated server, can't i just run that instead of that process?