( search forums )
Purpose of this forum
Soldat Forums - Misc - Translations
Michal Marcinkowski
January 24, 2004, 1:22 pm
The purpose of this forum is to translate Soldat into as many languages as possible. Since everyone can translate the file (Soldat\Txt\Default.txt) we have to generalize some things. That's why if you translate the file post it here so other people can verify if it is good. If it is good I'll make it an official translation of the language and give for download on the Soldat home page.
Also you can team up on this forum to translate into your language.
If you want to easily translate the file you can use the Soldat Translation Assistant (http://www.team-vr.de/sah/index.php) made by -has-.

Thanks.

eyic
January 24, 2004, 1:56 pm
cool ca n imoderate the forum XP
jk lol

Aquarius
January 24, 2004, 2:22 pm
COOL. Damn, Polish version is already made [;)]

Tha Doggfather
January 24, 2004, 2:39 pm
ill start doing the dutch version

ThaD
January 24, 2004, 2:46 pm
yea but polish version is screwed up and it has to be remade

koil
January 24, 2004, 2:52 pm
hmm.. stupid question.. can you put 'special' chars in it? like ñúîå úôä? or îéëàì ä÷÷é?

y0da
January 24, 2004, 3:50 pm
yep, new polish ver needed. but: i've tried to make one. in the game menu [player, join game, etc.] you can't make polish characters [¹,ê,ó,?,³,¿,?,æ,ñ].

?
January 24, 2004, 4:23 pm
wow someone made an english version, that was quick

GarGoyLe
January 24, 2004, 6:00 pm
When I change default.txt or english.txt even a little, it completely messes up the text.
I'm trying to do a finnish translation but when I change the file to finnish.txt, it says "Graphics" where it should say "Change" and DirectX 8 cannot be initialized" where it should say "More", etc.. I haven't found any translation tutorials, so I decided to ask here.

b00stA
January 24, 2004, 6:17 pm
GarGoyle, make sure you don't delete a line.. the lines have to stay in the same order!
Oh.. and you can't use "special" characters like üöäâáà afaik

Michal Marcinkowski
January 24, 2004, 6:34 pm
Use this -> http://www.team-vr.de/sah/index.php, it's easier.
If you want to fix the polish version then do it.

villekallio
January 24, 2004, 6:50 pm
Llama said hes going to make a llama language translation. :D Thats going to kick ass.

Tha Doggfather
January 24, 2004, 6:52 pm
Michal, i made a dutch version, everything is working fine, but some words are too long to fit in the boxes. i really cant use other words for the long ones, i really phrase it shorter. what to do?

NightCabbage
January 25, 2004, 3:00 am
Sorry, but IMO there shouldn't be an entire forum for such a small feild...

If someone makes a translation, they should post it or send it to Michal.

Then Michal, you should just stick it in the downloads section of soldat.pl

koil
January 25, 2004, 3:22 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stA

Oh.. and you can't use "special" characters like üöäâáà afaik

that means no hebrew traslation :/ (the language contains only 'special' characters.. not like other languages that has only few of them, and mostly latin ones).

(edit: there.. happy? now stfu.)

that fuking sniper
January 25, 2004, 4:08 am
No Arabic either...

peemonkey
January 25, 2004, 4:51 am
You can bet yer 455 im making a speedfreak translation!

Aquarius
January 25, 2004, 10:37 am
quote:Originally posted by koil
that means no hebrew traslation :/ (the language contains only 'special' characters.. not like other languages that has only few of them, and mostly english ones).

WTF?! "A,B,C,D..." are not "english characters"!!!!!! [}:)] They are LATIN!!! [}:)]

koil
January 25, 2004, 1:26 pm
...if you want to say something so meaningless to the topic, aquarius, then i suggest next time you'll do that on private.

michal - will soldat support special characters in the future?

frogboy
January 25, 2004, 1:28 pm
I'm callin an 1337 translation.

Aquarius
January 25, 2004, 2:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by koil
...if you want to say something so meaningless to the topic, aquarius, then i suggest next time you'll do that on private.

No, I had to write it here, because someone could think that latin alphabet was invented in England
or in USA (lol), which is not true.

Liber_Lupus
January 25, 2004, 3:58 pm
Im going to translate it to estonian, there are only few estonian players, but im going to make it anyway. (too bad i cant use äöõü, ill use maybe ä=2 ö=8 õ=6 ü=y , we use these if we cant type öäõü)

Aquarius
January 25, 2004, 4:08 pm
Maybe you could do it like this:

ä=a
ö=o
õ=o
ü=u

Liber_Lupus
January 25, 2004, 4:53 pm
no cuz some words would become very weird.

BlueTiger
January 25, 2004, 5:54 pm
In german I can use ae for ä, oe for ö and ue for ü.

I don't know if this is possible in estonian (or any other language using this characters), but I think, that every language has such an other expression for non-standard characters.

Alamo
January 25, 2004, 6:08 pm
I translated Soldat into German... :) It's in the Translation-Script.
Here you go: [URL]
Hope the link works.

BlueTiger
January 25, 2004, 8:18 pm
Well... nice work, but:
there is already a german translation (by me ^^)

Next time use the "search"-option of the board first.

y0da
January 26, 2004, 12:56 pm
i'm gonna edit the bgothl! what characters you want? i've almost done polish, but it doesn't work, becouse Soldat haves "build" in bgothl... -_- BTW. When i try to make "£" in Soldat, it's a little letter above the text, lol. Michal, if i send you the newultrasuperbw00t1337 bgothl, you'll put in Soldat?

Alamo
January 26, 2004, 2:58 pm
My Translation was finished before the release so mine is the first one :D. I did it with a text file of 1.2b or c and fixed it with a text file of 1.2e when the new texts were put in.
So you see, my Translation is the first :D

y0da: i hope MM will put your font in :D

BlueTiger
January 26, 2004, 3:39 pm
But mine was the first PUBLIC one ^^

Well, we should talk to each other in IRC. There is no reason for a stupid discussion about "the first translation" and "the best translation". We should work together instead of against each other.

y0da
January 26, 2004, 3:55 pm
thx, what characters you want ppl?! arabic? lol

that fuking sniper
January 27, 2004, 4:59 am
You'd be surprised to see how many Arabic-speakers actually play Soldat :)

I know at least 40 from my own goddamn school, where my friends told me about the game in the first place, and they all still play it... If I could translate it to Arabic I would...

y0da
January 28, 2004, 7:33 am
ok, i'll try to make arabic characters ;].

cooz
January 29, 2004, 6:09 pm
we need unicode standard ;)

Weed
March 19, 2004, 2:12 am
will someone make a zwahilly translation?
lol, anyway, i hope in the future there will be a hebrew translation, same for arabic... not that i know that one, but many players i know speak it... or like i say: spit it, but maybe in the future some fonts for special ppl with special needs will come out, and then someone will make an israeli translation :D

Geoffrey
March 31, 2004, 10:33 am
Bah I tried a Dutch translation yesterday, and I suddenly remembered why I hate Dutch so much. It's impossible, that's what it is. I'll try again soon though, do not worry my dutch losers friends. [:D]

blackdevil0742
April 7, 2004, 10:07 pm
I've made a Swedish translation.

http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/blackdevil0742/2004320164526_Swedish.zip

How do I give it to Michal Marcinkowski so he could place it on his websire?

Fuuma.EXE
June 16, 2004, 1:49 am
First sorry for my bad English (not perfect).
I am translating the default English version to Brazillian Portuguese. I have just translated about 25 sentences of the text file, but I stopped to do it. When I finished my private incubencies I'll resume the work and when I finish it I'll notice you.

peemonkey
June 16, 2004, 2:06 am
*forgotten page*

Element_101
June 16, 2004, 3:33 am
Peemoneky you dam fool this thread is like 5 months old...

*shakes fist violenty at the screen*

Deleted User
July 9, 2004, 7:34 pm
Michal, I can't make the hungarian version, because i cant use theese characters: á, é, í, ó, ö, õ, ú, ü, û.
And in hungarian the order of words is not the same as in english.
Can you help me to fix this problem?

Alamo
July 9, 2004, 7:59 pm
Yeah Translations should involve variables... For example like $1 for the name in Killed by xxx so you can write Killed by $1 but also $1 killed you!
...and the Font should be updated with foreign characters. I would like to use ö ä ü in my german translation.

Deleted User
July 9, 2004, 8:58 pm
[:-banghead]
I can't write $1 killed you, because Soldat will write:
killed you $1...

b00stA
July 9, 2004, 9:05 pm
White Shadow, that's what Alamo is talking about.
He wants to be able to use variables -> more freedom.

Deleted User
July 9, 2004, 9:10 pm
Ok.

pchalalai
May 11, 2005, 7:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiThe purpose of this forum is to translate Soldat into as many languages as possible. Since everyone can translate the file (Soldat\Txt\Default.txt) we have to generalize some things. That's why if you translate the file post it here so other people can verify if it is good. If it is good I'll make it an official translation of the language and give for download on the Soldat home page.
If you want to easily translate the file you can use the Soldat Translation Assistant (http://www.team-vr.de/sah/index.php) made by -has-.

Thanks.

I can't used the link.

MItaly
June 4, 2005, 9:25 pm
You can also write a^ or something similar...

UltraMagnus
July 20, 2005, 4:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiThe purpose of this forum is to translate Soldat into as many languages as possible. Since everyone can translate the file (Soldat\Txt\Default.txt) we have to generalize some things. That's why if you translate the file post it here so other people can verify if it is good. If it is good I'll make it an official translation of the language and give for download on the Soldat home page.

Thanks.

links dead!

help?

bojero
November 4, 2005, 6:12 am
I think I might be the only Maltese player playing this game... but if anyone here maltese i could make the translation..