( search forums )
Banned from servers and Bad Packet errors
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
DNA.styx
January 24, 2004, 5:15 pm
There are lots of reports of folks getting banned from servers, most notably our own soldat.dnagames.net which is running the latest Win32 Console dedicated server.

Please note this before you post:

1) DNAGames has a ping kick of 300ms set on it, if you ping goes over 300ms you will get kicked and banned for 15 minutes. The DNAGames server is online for local, low ping players.

2) If the server is full and you click on 'Join server' over and over (called hammering) you will also be banned for a period of time.

3) Until Michal confirms that this is a bug in Soldat I will not lift bans for individual users, the server is just too busy for me to go through and remove single bans. If Michal recomends that the ban lists be cleared I will do so. While most people who post *seem* genuine there are a couple of cheaters who have been legitimatly caught by Soldat new anti-cheat system (I know because I've tested a couple of them and been banned)

4) Seeing messages of 'bad packet size' on your screen is not connected to the bans and everyone on the DNAGames server is seeing them. Just ignore then for the moment.

Please bear with us while Michal looks into this issue.