( search forums )
Colour coded join messages
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Cold Fusion
January 24, 2004, 9:53 pm
- Modified join and leave player messages are now team color coded

It was a nice idea, but it didn't work, imo. I never notice who has joined, because it doesn't stand out at all, so I'm wondering why the server suddenly seems to have a lot more people in it.

Going to back to the previous version join message colour would be better, because then I would be able to see when someone joins. ;)

Or it is just me... doubt it.

bLaStEr
January 24, 2004, 10:16 pm
Indeed, sometimes i mess it with caps. :E

kevith
January 25, 2004, 12:15 am
I actually really like the way that it is color coded although it might be nice if the message stood out more. I almost wish all of the messages up there were in all caps except for chat.

n00bface
January 25, 2004, 12:23 am
Maybe a blend? Like have it say "Blahblah has joined the bravo team." in the old color, but have bravo as blue? eh..

Alamo
January 25, 2004, 12:27 am
i would like color coded chat more than color coded joins...

Cold Fusion
January 25, 2004, 10:35 am
Here:

[IMAGE]

Hardly noticable, is it? Add to that a mass of bad packet notices ;) other people chatting, people capping the flag, you moving about and dueling, and there's about a 1% chance of that being seen. Using something like that spectator join (GREEN) - or the old join colour, and having the alpha bit as red, bravo bit as blue etc (as previously mentioned) would be a better solution. :)

SILENT
January 25, 2004, 11:34 am
Yeah that really needs to be changed. I always do and see others saying, o hi <name> didnt notice ya :P

kevith
January 25, 2004, 6:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cold Fusion
- or the old join colour, and having the alpha bit as red, bravo bit as blue etc (as previously mentioned) would be a better solution. :)
I like this idea the most so far... it would stand out better and still be color/team specific.