( search forums )
Finnish translation
Soldat Forums - Misc - Translations
GarGoyLe
January 25, 2004, 12:30 pm
The Finnish translation for Soldat 1.2 is downloadable from these two addresses. Both are always updated versions. Post comments if you wish. I need to try using scandinavian letters in the menu, since it appears to be working, but that I will do later.
http://koti.mbnet.fi/kep/finnish.txt
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] finnish.txt14.66 KB

Aquarius
January 25, 2004, 12:44 pm
I don't understand finnish (except 2 words: moi and vittu) but GOOD JOB (I suppose [;)])

Hercule Poirot
January 25, 2004, 3:00 pm
eh too bad you can't use äöå scandinavian letters on that file (or does it come when you press alt+letters) so all those names where you need scandinavian letters are strange to read so i prefer more english translation anyway gj =/

GarGoyLe
January 25, 2004, 4:04 pm
Evil, but true.
But I think it was possible to use skandinavian letters in the menu and the setup. I think I'll try and if it works, I'll put it online.

villekallio
January 26, 2004, 4:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
I don't understand finnish (except 2 words: moi and vittu) but GOOD JOB (I suppose [;)])

Lol. :P But quess what ananas is ananas in polish and finnish! :D And i dont use the v-word. (Who cares lol.)

And good job for the translation.

bLaStEr
January 26, 2004, 5:35 pm
Nice trans :D

I was doing my own finnish trans too :p but oh well.

Tintti
January 29, 2004, 2:11 pm
I think this translation is OK.
It could well become the official finnish translation.
[8D]

Essentle
January 29, 2004, 5:09 pm
haha I tryed to translate it in finnish but it was sooo hard.. [:-banghead] rofl . (Im finniiish)

eesahe
January 29, 2004, 5:28 pm
I tried it too, and came to this: It is better to play Soldat in English, it will just sound weird if it's in Finnish :)

Ta-2
February 11, 2004, 7:42 pm
Using this happily and i like it. Got me even laugh! Cluster grenades = (Rypälekranaatit!) [:-psst]

HOBBES
February 21, 2004, 8:30 pm
Jeah, some of the words are hard to translate, thats why I havent done it. Could someone make a "stadin slangi" translation.

Perky
March 24, 2004, 1:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by HOBBES
Jeah, some of the words are hard to translate, thats why I havent done it. Could someone make a "stadin slangi" translation.

I could "translate" it to savo dialect if anyone likes to? :) How can I make these translations? Just editing that txt file?

GarGoyLe
March 31, 2004, 4:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Perky
quote:Originally posted by HOBBES

I could "translate" it to savo dialect if anyone likes to? :) How can I make these translations? Just editing that txt file?

I used this thing. Worked perfectly.
http://www.team-vr.de/sah/index.php

Drama
March 31, 2004, 8:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ta-2
Using this happily and i like it. Got me even laugh! Cluster grenades = (Rypälekranaatit!) [:-psst]

Didnt i say that to you in irc. [:(!]

Keinonen
June 16, 2004, 3:51 pm
I tried to translate soldat to finnish too but it got kinda f*cked up and became a K-18 version... XD
Btw great job...

juhdi91
July 13, 2004, 12:25 am
jaa jaa..... luulenpas että moni on näköjään suomesta näissä foorumeissa [:D]

BTW: keinonen saanko sen sun k-18 version? [:P][:P]