( search forums )
Legal cheats.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
M
January 26, 2004, 9:17 pm
I think it will be good if we get rid of those illeagel cheaters if there are cheats in the game. Like in the other games they can be activadet for example if you write "/cheats 1" or something. That way you can enable the cheats in the game. ANd also for the cheats they can be like no realoding, instant shoots or somethign like that and they can be used only if the server has enable the cheats. Even to maket the bots to cheat if the server has enbaled cheating. How about that? I think that this will be good for those who want to cheat but not to use any trainers. What do you think of this idea?

Btw: Every game do this.

?
January 26, 2004, 9:20 pm
i think its a stupid idea, it will increase the distribution of cheats and people will start sing them in "non-cheat" games

Drama
January 26, 2004, 9:37 pm
RiDiCilous [:(!]

sativa
January 26, 2004, 9:47 pm
just kill M whit a bunch of cheats he will think differently then

M
January 26, 2004, 9:51 pm
Well it is just a suggestion to stop teh making of trainers.

frogboy
January 26, 2004, 10:24 pm
To stop the making of them, yes. But why do it that way when you can just ban random people for cheating?

CardBoardWarrior
January 26, 2004, 10:37 pm
I say why not, this would be cool to have cheats, would add more fun to just playin around cos right now Im gettin really bored of Soldat.

t: What that hell are you talking about? These "Legal Cheats" can only be used if the server enables them! And what do you mean, "distribution of cheats"?

juice _ box
January 27, 2004, 12:06 am
quote:this would be cool to have cheats,
you would be calling me god and feeding me grapes if so.

CardBoardWarrior
January 27, 2004, 2:32 am
Let me re-phrase, it would be cool to have legal cheats...blah blah and so on and so forth.

AerialAssault
January 27, 2004, 2:42 am
no.

CardBoardWarrior
January 27, 2004, 2:46 am
oh boo hoo ur all little n00blets u suck

:P

Neo-Vortex
January 27, 2004, 3:29 am
Yeah, go for it, id love to have a "Cheat Mode" that can be enabled in the server, it'd be fun for a chaotic Deathmatch... Also, having legal cheats, how would that increase the illegal cheats??? If anything it'd decrease it, all the people who wanna cheat and have a chaos match would just use one of those servers, and they wont get banned either :P

Either way, if you can enable and disable it, it should be added :P

Hanz
January 29, 2004, 7:39 pm
Cheats sre just plain lame....GAH

kevith
January 29, 2004, 9:02 pm
Or maybe the legal cheats would not be available when you play online... It'd be fun to do some crazy DM with a ton of bots like that.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 30, 2004, 2:41 am
i think M should get banned for cheating

SILENT
January 30, 2004, 2:44 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonix
i think M should get banned for cheating

I concur.

enjoyincubus
January 30, 2004, 2:48 am
Wow...I'm totally with you M. Nevermind the 10 or so people with the incapacity to grasp what you're actually saying.

How many of you have played Half Life? Ever played with gravity set really low, like to 200? The players can jump uber high, all the way to the tops of maps. You can make it come down really slow.

You can mess with how rapid a gun can shoot. Imagine setting the gravity EXTREMELY low, so you come down very slowly and can jump really high. Then you can use cool matrix moves and set the bullet speed very slow too.

Aimbotting would be ok, I guess. Not a big fan of that though.

I don't think this would stop hackers, but there are very few amounts of hackers as it is.

El_Mariachi
January 30, 2004, 8:04 am
Well, a serverside option to make a really whacky game wud be a nice addition. All players who join would behave the same, and there should be a notice that the server has "whacky mode enabled" or sumfing.
So, I agree with M and enjoyincubus (the latter whom I badly disagreed with in an other post about weps ;) so, no offence)

On the other hand, I reallt think that before adding new features, current bugs should be solved.

/Mariachi