( search forums )
Weapon Rotation Option
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
peemonkey
January 27, 2004, 4:38 am
How about there's an option that makes it so everytime you respawn, you automatically pic a different gun. You could set what guns are in the rotationin what order(kinda like the mp3's list)
Then, in-game, just hit Tab rapidly to set it on and off[:-hspin][:-hspin][:-hspin]

Mechanoid
January 27, 2004, 6:37 am
so it'd be like desert eagle -> MP5 -> AK74 -> Aug -> SPAS -> etc?

it's a REALLY nice idea, but maybe people could alter the order they go in in their config...

This way they could start out with something like the minigun, then work their way through the automatics, to the semi-automatics, and then stop at the sniper rifles and re-start from there. As well, if the server has disabled a weapon, the rotation would ignore said weapon and go onto the next one.

One final thing: Random Weapon - Chooses a weapon at random each time you spawn.

Rotational and random weapon selection = win + fun gameplay feature

There's no reason why not to put it in if you can turn it off.

kevith
January 27, 2004, 2:04 pm
I suggested the random weapon thing before and everybody said 'just close your eyes and hit a number' lol. I guess they didn't see my vision :P The weapon rotation idea sounds interesting, especially if you tend to rotate between 2 or 3 main guns.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 27, 2004, 11:23 pm
it could be really fun

peemonkey
January 27, 2004, 11:53 pm
not random, you get to choose what order,and what guns.
Mechanoid:you lousy canadion!(jk) i already said in the first post that you could decide what order they go in. like mine would be:
AK
Spas
Mini
Ak
AK
HK
Ruger
ruger
etc...

peemonkey
February 12, 2004, 11:20 pm
BUMP (im back)

doffencom
February 13, 2004, 7:40 pm
double O_o, I don't like the idea, people would use it for 1 week and then they would find something else to play =P

kevith
February 13, 2004, 8:59 pm
I still like this idea... but I especially like a server option to make assign each player a random weapon each time they respawn. It seems like it would be fun (and force people to branch out a little).

Josh1l6
February 13, 2004, 10:56 pm
This seems far less important than alot of other suggested additions and 99% of people would get bored of it really fast.

Captain RibMan
February 13, 2004, 11:07 pm
what happens when you want to stop the rotation in game? cos then you might decide you want to continue using one weapona dn it kepps changing