( search forums )
Anime = Cartoons
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
BMF
January 27, 2004, 10:14 pm
yes?

sauron_the_deceiver
January 27, 2004, 10:40 pm
LOL, good one BMF!

BManx2000
January 27, 2004, 10:53 pm
Yeeeaaahhhhhhhh....
What's your point?

gi.joe
January 28, 2004, 1:42 am
lol he was asking a question i think...

the answer is infact.... YES!

BManx2000
January 28, 2004, 2:16 am
Wait, wait... BMF didn't know what anime is? Has he been living under a rock?

?
January 28, 2004, 2:37 am
he is not an insect

societies_punishment
January 28, 2004, 2:52 am
.... <-----(thats all i gotta say)

Roy
January 28, 2004, 5:38 am
No. I define "cartoons" as goofy American animation obviously aimed at children like Disney, Loony Toons, etc. "Anime" to me is the Japanese style of animation.

societies_punishment
January 28, 2004, 6:36 am
there you go theres your answer [:D] this guy hit it right on the button

Spitzfiya
January 28, 2004, 6:44 am
Anime = Gay, now there's a concept!

SoldatStriker
January 28, 2004, 7:09 am
quote:Originally posted by Roy
No. I define "cartoons" as goofy American animation obviously aimed at children like Disney, Loony Toons, etc. "Anime" to me is the Japanese style of animation.

Anime is another name for Japanese Cartoons, taken from the English word Animation and abbreviated to anime, pronounced "Ah Ni Mae".

Often times, foreigners will try to rationalize and say that anime aren't cartoons. What most of these people don't realize is that even in Japan, anime are considered cartoons by the Japanese. One of the reasons that the term cartoon isn't used as much in Japan is because it takes an extra effort to pronounce, and isn't as an efficient a word as anime, which is already a word abbreviated for efficient use.

Here's an article titled Cartoonist Report from a page of a prominent animation industry magazine used to back up my argument:

[IMAGE]

I've circled the title of the article for further emphasis. It reads "Cartoonist Report" in Japanese, below the romanji title of "Cartoonist Report" in English.

So why would foreigners go out of their way to not allow anime to be considered cartoons when natives themselves not only consider them cartoons but also animation professionals as cartoonists as opposed to animators?

Some people just think that anime sounds cooler and would shudder to think otherwise.

BMF is a genius.
:writes it up on the blackboard:

ANIME = CARTOONS

And Striker adds,

JAPANESE ANIMATORS = CARTOONISTS

Who likes my sig?[xx(]

Spitzfiya
January 28, 2004, 7:20 am
I dont like your sig

y0da
January 29, 2004, 2:36 pm
Cartoons are more funneh then anime. So, to what category you'll add "The Simpsons"?

Aquarius
January 29, 2004, 3:41 pm
> Anime = Cartoons
> yes?

No.

Anime = Cartoons * 0.01

Camping_Carl
January 29, 2004, 4:55 pm
all the people that think cartoons are gay = anal material! For one i respect the fact it takes along time to draw those frames add color. Did you know disney fired thousands of drawers because there into the new computer 3d animation? i think thats crap personally...

BMF
January 29, 2004, 9:35 pm
everything is clear to me now

Icarius
January 29, 2004, 9:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMF
yes?

Yep.
I like pizza.

SuperKill
January 29, 2004, 9:53 pm
all the gay sh!t anime with stupid f*cking japaneese girls being f.cked in the ass while crying their heads off.........<breath>......... is so gay ;
on the other hand, dbz ownz so much ass.

societies_punishment
January 30, 2004, 6:10 am
ummm super kill your wrong i think your thinking of hentai but ya i know what you mean people who enjoy hentai are a little ... odd and need a hobby

gi.joe
January 30, 2004, 6:28 am
righto........ hobby, or cartoon pr0n....

let me see.... hmmm.....

NightCabbage
February 2, 2004, 6:39 am
From this thread we can gather:

BMF is now enlightened ;)

Aquarius hates anime, but loves cartoons.

Sogna wasn't actually made up by Striker, but if you want to know any of the finer points, remember, Ask Striker!

The bulk of SuperKill's anime intake has been pr0n.

EL likes pizza.

And Spitzfiya doesn't like giant anime robots or attractive looking females.