( search forums )
Reaching nirvana in Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
eesahe
January 29, 2004, 1:32 pm
Maybe you know that feeling.
You can kill every player on your way easily, experienced players try to defend themselves in vain, and newbies don't even know what hit'd em. You feel just like you are playing with a berserker kit. Your reflexs have been boosted, you feel very confident.
Well, I can't describe it with words, but maybe this gives some direction.

I've got it about 5 times. It feels like you are not even trying to play, but you are really very much inside the game. My RL senses were not working quite goodly, I didn't feel like tired at all, but when I finished, I felt very tired.

It needs a full day of Soldat, and if lucky you can get that about at the end of the session.

Have you ever experienced anything like that before?

eesahe
January 29, 2004, 3:30 pm
Oh, and almost forgot: Maybe the most important thing is some [GOOD] music in the background :)

Chakra
January 29, 2004, 3:46 pm
I love those moments in soldat...where you just do something extra-ordinary and actually get away with it...it's beautiful.

My most memorable moment was in real mode back in the 1.1.4 days : 4 guys were storming in through the bridge in voland, and it was just me with a shotgun defending. I got right in the middle of all 4 of them and took 'em down 1 shot each without a scratch.

They called me rambo ^_^

..of course, no matter how 'brilliant' I can be, there'll always be those occasions where I trip on my own 'nade or fly into the enemy base unaware that i've just picked up the flag. :\

eesahe
January 29, 2004, 4:05 pm
I also love it when your opponents fear you. And if you are confident, you can usually kill them very easily, even when they are better than you.

If you want to win, try to stay calm ;)
When you are angry at something and your opponent(s) are/is confident, you practically have no change.

popseed
January 29, 2004, 4:33 pm
i like it when my m79 feels like its turning into a heat seeking gun and everyone says ns. good times.

Liber_Lupus
January 29, 2004, 4:36 pm
Good music helps alot, well ive had those times alot, but i dont have them much anymore, its a great feeling, u own everyone on ur way, boom, boom, over here, over there, bodys around u, u see alot of u killed... messages.

sauron_the_deceiver
January 29, 2004, 4:49 pm
I love that! It happens mostly when I use M79, and when I was newbie I had M79 training from the best (Outcast), so I call it the beast inside of me [:P]

Its a shame when you lose it though, because its followed by real suckyness. As soon as it ends, I finish the round of the server and leave, either finishing the gaming for the day, or changing game mode.

Aquarius
January 29, 2004, 5:07 pm
I reached M79 nirvana on ctf_Run a few days ago.

I respawned right after someone stole the flag, and I had to do a horizontal m79 jump to catch him. I killed the flag carrier, returned the flag and rushed to the enemy base.

3 enemies were waiting for me. The way I killed them was incredible. It was the fastest and the most uncommon three m79 shots I ever did. 2 enemies respaned immediately - I killed them again. I took the flag, and a medkit and turned back to my base accelerated by 2 M79 jumps - I was leaping like a frog lol.

A guy killed by me said "WTF I don't believe. Nobody is so fast." I felt like a superhero LOL.

Weed
January 29, 2004, 5:08 pm
yeah, i love when it happens, doesnt metter which weapon, i normaly switch everytime i die, but i just get that sometimes, i start killing, and killing, it makes u feel like a god... u see players actually runing away from u... u see every shot, dodge every shot, u see every nade on the way, u hear all the foot steps, all the explotions, all the sounds, u r just focused and nothing can stop u then... .. .

i also had an out of body epxerience in the middle of a DM round... was funny seeing myself playing soldat from outside my window... (or it might have been a dream)

oh yeah i also saw jesus 3 days ago, i tryed to sell him to the romans... but i only found italians that had no money for buying a new jesus... so i gave up and went back for soldat...

after all the bs (forgive me for that, im just tired) i can say i have those "godly boosts" almost every day... but i gotta be really relaxed :D

eesahe
January 29, 2004, 5:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Weed
yeah, i love when it happens, doesnt metter which weapon, i normaly switch everytime i die, but i just get that sometimes, i start killing, and killing, it makes u feel like a god... u see players actually runing away from u... u see every shot, dodge every shot, u see every nade on the way, u hear all the foot steps, all the explotions, all the sounds, u r just focused and nothing can stop u then... .. .

That's EXACTLY what I meant! ;)

The only bad thing in it:

Yesterday I got it, and the server had about 10 players in it. I won first, second, about 3 rounds very easily, kills vs deaths rating was surely like 10:1, and at the end of the round I pressed esc: 3 players on the server!
I hate it when everyone is leaving...

I also tried to capture it, but I lost it after I pressed F8... :/

palloco
January 29, 2004, 5:29 pm
Time ago... I rushed enemy base using only chainsaw and there was 4 enemy guys ready to fight...
Multikill and flag returned, what else can I say

villekallio
January 29, 2004, 6:31 pm
Little like pallocos. In voland i rushed with my chainsaw on the enemy base triple kill and cap. :D

CardBoardWarrior
January 29, 2004, 7:56 pm
Last time this happened to me, I owned on dnagames for 4 rounds in a row. It was great.

Anti-Commie
January 29, 2004, 8:48 pm
I usually can't play at all unless I'm focused. My friend kept trying to talk to me while I was playing and I kept messing up. I left the server after about five minutes to avoid further humiliation and a bad rep. I never have really felt any "nirvana though... I guess it's just because I get so into it that I don't really care about anything but surviving and killin the other guys...

sativa
January 29, 2004, 9:15 pm
i had this once i had 5 mastar kills i one session wootsors, didn't play any music at all, focused 200%, afterwards i got paranoia:s

eesahe
January 30, 2004, 12:13 pm
I found some screenshots of a soldat-nirvana about a year ago (I wasn't very good back then)

[URL]

And another:
[URL]

wert21
January 30, 2004, 9:25 pm
quote:I also love it when your opponents fear you.

that's right.
and music helps...but i reach nirvana when these things are added with weed effect.i don't know why,but i play better...could be more concentration...

Sekushi
January 30, 2004, 11:18 pm
Reaching a god-like state in Soldat is right under sex in the best things in life. Sex being #1.

LiL_FuKa
January 31, 2004, 11:09 pm
I know the exact feeling.. It's happened to me about 5 times since I started soldat, though the best 1 was on dna 1 time, I was a bit tipsy cos I had just come back from a saturday night out.. I think the alchohol actually helped me, I was just so relaxed at that time that I didn't care what I was doing. I was effortlessly throwing my knife into ppl's backs, getting multi kills out of a single magazine with the Ak-74.. etc etc. It was an amazing feeling. I think it's great that a 2-d game can give you that kinda satisfaction.

Roy
February 1, 2004, 4:24 am
Yes. I call it the Zone. The Zone is awesome. When you're in the Zone, you're at that moment the best player that ever lived. Players are in awe of you. You don't even doubt that you will win. It's great.

Timonator
February 1, 2004, 12:41 pm
I had this experience almost always when i played together with my fellow clanmate las.
I mean we were on Teamspeak - me listening to LinkinPark and he listening to Rammstein and Metallica - and he chatted "C'mon Timo let's own!" and i said "Okay GO!" and we were the perfect team i mean that's like Double-nirvana O_O
That was fuxx0ring made me go bersekr killing everyone on my way with M79 and DEagles o_O

Once we had a clanwar against some RSF guys ([RSF]Rediska and [RSF]Vidocq(the only ones who were in Russian Special Forces)) and in the first round we got pwned. Shau... what else can i say? Two barrett lam0rs against Deagles and M79 and also sometimes other weapons.
Then we changed to Arena2. Okay one dude sniping the other getting us into the snipers range :/
After a few minutes the game stopped... Me: "Huh? wtf? we still got 5 minutes!" and because we had almost lost we told em to play another round Arena2 and this time we were both on teamspeak. It was like w000000t! We pwnzed em with M79 and Deagles and when las got a MP5 out and pwnzed 'em they also got out MP5 and still got r0xx0red wow that clanwar was absolutely nirvana!
After that match i had more adrenaline in my body than i ever had!

[edit]
http://www.smile-forces.com/index.php?site=clanwar&action=showdetails&cwid=6&sid=1

Outcast
February 1, 2004, 6:13 pm
Sure that happens, thats when i killed twice as much as the rest no matter who it is...never but once happened to me in a clanwar....cept that time when we kicked S:S ass for the first time...

that fuking sniper
February 1, 2004, 9:01 pm
My best Soldat nirvanas were 2 things, crazy 6 player DM at the best and fastest server on 1.0.5b, Bumpy's World. Although there were 4 other people (the server was almost always full), when me and SS Nice guy were in the server, the other players simply became invisibly obsolete, and it was all about me and him duking it out, crazy [:-censored]...Thats the time where I could pull some great shots from offscreen in the air with him, sometimes he won, sometimes I did.

The other nirvana happened back in 1.0.4b, the game where I got my name from (before that it was {MIY}Kikosemmek :P). At that match I used my timed chase of the flag carrier on laos extensively, I simply watched their carriers go below time after time, and went to the top of the islands, waited 2 seconds near their base to see the carrier come to cap, and shot him in the head right before he did it. I did that stuff alot back then, and they called me "[:-censored]ING SNIPER!!!"...

sauron_the_deceiver
February 2, 2004, 12:03 am
Nirvana is even better when you keep switching weapons with your dead enemy's, so you stay fresh...plus it annoys them when they aid your ownage [;)]

Phoenix Star of PBC
February 2, 2004, 2:49 am
Last time that happened, I owned an entire clan. Not bad for a lagging independant. Of course, they kicked me off because I owned them too much. :P

eesahe
February 2, 2004, 7:24 am
I think that my best nirvana was in a clanmatch against SV 24/08/03, before it I was owning in some newbie server, and got a nirvana to start!

I was playing with my teammates eXB and acorn, who were playing with a barret and a M79, I used AK.
I gave some good music to eXB, and when we got to the server, SV was surely like "Heh, let's own these newbies".

But, I think that my clanmates got a nirvana of some kind too, and we really owned them on the first map, ctf_b2b.
It felt really great. A thought popped in my head. "Maybe we could be the first clan to win SV!".

In the second map, ctf_laos we still were winning - at least it looked like it would be a tie - and that we would have won. Once, somebody from SV attacked our base - I think it was Donnie Darko - and I shot about a whole clip towards him, we both were floating in the air, and every bullet I shot hit his corpse in the air! It looked very beautiful, I wish I could have captured it :)

At some time, eXB couldn't respawn for like a minute! It was very hard to defend against 3 skilled attackers, and at that point they capped and we lost the grip from the match. SV won that map, but we still had a change to win, it was 1-1.

Next map, ctf_kampf was a mistake. They got 2 caps in the beginning, and soon after that came a message to my screen: "<=CD=> acorn has left the game". I don't even remember why he left! But, it was 2 vs 3 now. They totally owned us now, we both had lost our nirvanas and we were tired. The match ended like 2-6, and they won the whole match.

Later they wrote this to their homepage: 'We played a real though war against -CD- which we finally won. It were one of the toughest war ever and they will for sure be high up in the new SCTFL league.'

That was really great, I must say. I hope we can play against them some other time too, and maybe win them ;)

cat92
February 8, 2004, 12:04 am
Ooooh yeah..

I've been getting it with my m79 recently. I've started to get realy good with that gun! Its always so great to see the enemy trying to cap the flag only to be blown apart a moment before he reaches it.

I think its alll the practice I had against zombies that did it. I'm used to blowing blokes outta my way.

Deleted User
February 19, 2004, 4:29 pm
Wooooooooooooooot I just held Nirvana for 4 rounds of ctf in Llamas server! Winning every round until you leave really kicks ass! I think I could have carried on, but my hands were aching from the game, so I decided to quit.

Wish I had recorded a demo.

AerialAssault
February 28, 2004, 4:20 am
i call it aerial ownage

Amon26
March 12, 2004, 8:39 pm
I remember at a LAN party we had a little section of the room for soldat, there were about 4 of us playing it. And I was a dead-eye with every gun. I could track a target across the screen with an ak-74 and land every bullet on him. or pluck targets from mid-air with hand-grenades. After a while, people started gathering around and watching me drop people so effortlessly.. It dwindled quickly though, and I sunk back into my usual routine of wasting gross ammounts of ammunition to make kills and being killed at every turn..

Martiiini
March 16, 2004, 6:26 am
Yea...that's so it.I played soldat for a year.But then I stoped it...for about half a year or so.Then it was easy to reach such point..."soldat nirvana".But now I haven't played it in a half years and I feel like a total rookie again[:o)].So I hope to accoplish shuch point again.