( search forums )
Doors.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
jahuu
January 29, 2004, 7:54 pm
I think it would be nice if there were switches to operate doors. If you shoot the switch from the otherside it would open the door and if you shoot it from the other it would close the door. Ie the <--|--> movement.

For example in the map "inf_Fortress" it would be kinda neat if the top hatch was to be opened from the inside with a switch, adn only then could the paratroopers come all the way in.

Also in "inf_warehouse" the bottom area (tunnel) should be hatch closable.

And in "inf_abel" one could open the "windows" above the stationary gun, for attack, and also the attackers´paratroopers could use it as their advantage.

These hatches would not work for anything else than INF and maybe CTF. But of course not in deathmatch.

I am not sure if the polygon redraw thing (Polygon is "on" when the door is closed and "off" when it´s open.) is easy to do, but I do hope so.

Thegreatnick
January 29, 2004, 8:10 pm
Intresting idea, but i don't think it will have any practical use really, people would just leave it open or close it and camp there.
Problems i see:
1. Stray gunfire could hit the switch and close it
2. Campers
3. A character could get stuck in the door
4. Would just be annoying, rather than really add something to the game.
But it would be intresting to see this implemented

Leo Da Lunerfox
January 29, 2004, 8:45 pm
Does the door block bullets?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 30, 2004, 2:31 am
its kinda interesting, but i doubt it will ever be implemented.

?
January 30, 2004, 2:59 am
and when you enter you could say "Lucy joo gots some es'plaining to do!"

jahuu
February 1, 2004, 11:19 am
The doors could be "spikes" so anyone getting stuck in them would just die.

They would of course hold bullets, just like men.

I know it sounds kinda complex, but would be fun for organized matches of Infiltration. A real infiltration feeling a ´la James Bond.

Hanz
February 1, 2004, 11:26 pm
Or a movie I like to call, KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES!!!