( search forums )
Get rid of the damn midair nade suicides!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sauron_the_deceiver
January 29, 2004, 10:16 pm
Scenario: You are above an enemy player and you want to stop them getting your flag. You spam the ground in front of them with nades to stop them getting through, but to your dismay you have blown yourself up...

"Omgwtfxr?"

You fall onto the nade because you run out of jet power.

PLEASE get rid of this...make nades fall faster or stop it being an instant kill on you. Just get rid. Its probably the most ANNOYING thing in the ENTIRE game, except Eyic [:P].

SILENT
January 29, 2004, 11:55 pm
agreed. so annoying -_-'

kevith
January 30, 2004, 12:38 am
yes very annoying... or when you're trying to throw nades in the opposite direction of that which you're running (like while trying to make off with the flag and take out your pursuers) and you blow yourself up. I don't really know how this could be solved though. I like the non-instant-kill solution the most so far.

?
January 30, 2004, 1:22 am
yes i agree eyic is very annoying =P and yes the nade thing is annoying also

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 30, 2004, 2:36 am
the thing blows the [:-censored] out of me everytime i got to do something important! ffs

arC
January 30, 2004, 2:53 am
This is a totally different idea, but does anyone think it would be good if grenades didn't explode on impact? eg. Someone throws a grenade at you, it bounces off you and explodes after the time counts down.

villekallio
January 30, 2004, 8:01 am
I think thats good idea as nades dont really explode on impact. (doh)

eyic
January 30, 2004, 8:26 am
rofl , since when was i annoying ? :P

come on just because I'm so nice to people, cant u guys be nice back? :(

btw one gram lets play checkers, this time imma beat u >:| jahahahahhaha

palloco
January 30, 2004, 9:00 am
I believe that is mostly a bug because many times I suicide in that way(not many, damn, IT IS ALWAYS when I escaping with flag) and I still have the same number of nades after dying.

MisterX
January 30, 2004, 10:44 am
anoying, just anoying. i made a stylish double kill and got our flag back by doing that, stole the enemy flag, just thought "haha", wanted to throw all of my grens down, so that the enemies couldn't follow me - dang, selfkill

sauron_the_deceiver
February 2, 2004, 4:25 pm
*bump*

I want Michal to consider this...

Da cHeeSeMaN
February 2, 2004, 5:19 pm
never its sooo fuking funny being blown up!!!!!!!!

CardBoardWarrior
February 2, 2004, 7:51 pm
Go away cheeseman >.>

I hope Michal fixes this soon...

AerialAssault
February 2, 2004, 9:04 pm
yes.

DeafBox
February 3, 2004, 3:04 am
yeah, this problem is a real pain in the ass. fix plz.