( search forums )
CTF_Jagged Run
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Rambo_6
January 30, 2004, 2:49 am
One of my finest, but a tad oversized i might add.

It has bot support, but by the time the bots can grab the flag they get wasted, so the bots fast waypoints need tweaking....

Poly shading is the only thing left to go... [:(]

how can i get a small view showing the whole map?????

SCREENS

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] blues.JPG23.03 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] lump.JPG30.57 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] redbase.JPG24.77 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] spikessh.JPG32.13 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] top.JPG24.49 KB

MAP:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] map.zip70.83 KB

PLEASE TRY NOT TO FLAME. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE FORGET TO TELL ME WHAT I COULD DO TO MAKE THE MAP BETTER.

peemonkey
January 30, 2004, 3:43 am
in lump.jgp, how come there's only half a bunker!?!
looks good...better than your others...i think
make those green columns...not as green.
shade boy, shade!!!
could you get an overall pic?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 30, 2004, 5:12 am
need an overall pic
nice maps R_6, the next ei
keep making them.

villekallio
January 30, 2004, 8:26 am
Looks good.

Rambo_6
January 30, 2004, 1:24 pm
Peemonkey, can't you read? Poly shading is the only thing left to go!

And the bunker is cut in half because my game is screwy. I posted for help in the bugs/glitches forum.

Can someone tell me how to get an overall pic?

Leo Da Lunerfox
January 30, 2004, 8:17 pm
This is how to get an overview:

Go to the map maker, zoom out until you see the whole map, then push the Print Screen button on your keyboard. Then, open up Print and go to Edit/Paste to paste the map. Then Save the file as a JPG file.

Rambo_6
January 30, 2004, 11:13 pm
Where's that button on my keyboard????

Timonator
February 1, 2004, 11:56 am
over the insert, Pos 1 and Page up buttons there are three buttons... the left one is the print screen button (atleast on german keyboards)

Rambo_6
February 1, 2004, 2:00 pm
Oh, cool! thanx!

besserwisser
February 1, 2004, 5:14 pm
Man u didn't know where printscreen was? LOL!!! It was originally used in dos to print the stuff on the display from a printer btw.

Rambo_6
February 2, 2004, 2:16 am
Oh. I feel newbish.

When i push the button, nothing happens...

Cookie.
February 4, 2004, 2:48 am
um it should copy it to the clipboard an image of the entire screen :) then u paste it into a program like mspaint or adobe.... but for me i have to press alt + printscreen for it to copy it to the clipboard

ure maps are really good :P some of the better ones ive seen lately

Anti-Commie
February 4, 2004, 5:01 pm
It looks nice. Email me when you're done, I'd like to dl it.

Rambo_6
February 4, 2004, 11:20 pm
U guys should see the one i am doing right now... It will OWN TEH OHTER MAPZ!11!!!!!11!!!

Rambo_6
February 5, 2004, 12:25 am
overall view.

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] wooty.JPG69.91 KB

GluLm
February 6, 2004, 1:38 am
Well the map is actually ok, but I don't understand why you used a green color for these polygons? Use the same color as for the rest of the map!
You should make the brigde "real" at the top, with holes here and there maybe...
One last thing: the two parts aren't equal at all: it's a CTF, remember! Both parts have to look almost alike, either way it's no good~
Good job though (better than before heh).

Anti-Commie
February 6, 2004, 8:05 pm
It doesn't matter that much that it isn't symmetrical on both sides, so long as it's equally difficult to traverse from both sides and equally defendable. The green color is fine if it is an outdoor map seeing as there is vegetation...

Rambo_6
February 7, 2004, 12:18 am
i made those polys green because i didn't want it to look like they were normal polys.

Remember, it's basically equal because both sides have to travel both ways. If the blue side has it tough when they are going to the red side, then the red players will have a hard time taking the flag. It's equal that way...

and i don't plan on shading or finishing the waypoints on this map until i am confident i can do a good job. I'm learning to shade on my CTF_Marshland map, which now has bot support that doesnt suck (for the first time! XD )

GluLm
February 7, 2004, 5:54 pm
I don't agree: it's not equal when the two bases are not defendable the same way. Think again about the campers and people who backup the attackers, it's not exactly this kind of equality that improves the map. But whatever, it wasn't big deal anyway.
As for the green polygons, I find them ugly... sorry.

Rambo_6
February 8, 2004, 3:21 pm
Well, I don't plan on doing anything with this map anytime soon. Feel free to modify it in any way.