( search forums )
Nighttime Mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 30, 2004, 2:50 am
it would be a cool effect if you could add "nighttime mode" to your map before you open your server, or you could type in a command to do it. it would just apply a filter over the whole game.what would be really awesome would be if the filter faded in and out through the day based on what time it is in the country that your playing in. i dont know how hard it would be to implement this. what do you think?

billy beach
January 30, 2004, 7:44 pm
[:D]That would be cool. And maybe a flashlight[;)]

Koraktor
January 30, 2004, 8:21 pm
or maybe even day and night changing after a specified time!

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 30, 2004, 8:54 pm
yea, that would be cool

Aspa
January 30, 2004, 9:43 pm
That would work really well on Realistic mode - shade everything your soldat can't see, so that you can instantly see if some area is clear of enemies or if it's out of your field of view.

Cruku
January 30, 2004, 10:00 pm
It would be cool...but what would it really do? just make it all dark?

CbbLe
January 30, 2004, 10:21 pm
a own soldat timezone would be cool...if its night in the soldat timezone it would be night on all maps on the internet and the contrary =)

Aspa
January 30, 2004, 10:22 pm
Ok, nightime mode: everything's ca 50% darker, and fades to complete black near edge of screen. Gunfire and explosions light up terrain nearby, and you could have torches and other types of light as objects like trees, grass and stuff.

Sekushi
January 30, 2004, 11:09 pm
I think I've seen a thread like this before, but I really like the idea. Maybe you could even like pickup nightvision goggles as a bonus pack, with no expired time limit, just until it changes back to day. Maybe input a server option to have perpetual daytime/nightfall, or adjust the lengths of the times. Also, to input a timer up by the countdown to the end of the round saying when the atmosphere will change.

peemonkey
January 30, 2004, 11:39 pm
Cbble: no. some people could only play a certain time of day, so might say"this game's g4y, only night time, i cant see for shi7!"
idea:uuhhh...im about 50% for it

Cookie.
January 31, 2004, 4:05 am
it would be cool but my graphic card couldnt handle it so i say no :P

Koraktor
January 31, 2004, 8:08 pm
@cookie:
when you're graphics card can handle soldat, it can surely handle a little bit of light on a dark map.

by the way: it would be great if explosions and muzzleflashs light the map even when it's not dark.

Fangus Deef
January 31, 2004, 10:51 pm
dude, this's been suggested many 'o time. im stil only 50% for it, maybe like, 60%.

Sevendust-CoE-
January 31, 2004, 11:01 pm
Change your monitors Gamma, if you want night time. I am not sure if the game runs on it's own gamma, I doubt it, but maybe.

SERIAL KILLeR
January 31, 2004, 11:27 pm
It could work like the screen u get when u pick up beserker mode
U can change the alpha transparency to make it lighter or darker.
I also remember that someone made a interface wich made the maps look at night a long time ago.

But the only problem is that ati cards dont support alpha-trasparency and there screen would be all black.

Fangus Deef
February 1, 2004, 12:25 am
SK:inspiration! make it in an interface! too bad i aint registered, otherwise I'd do it...

frogboy
February 1, 2004, 12:40 am
Suggestion: Make it a client option.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
February 1, 2004, 10:59 pm
well, i think that if michal made soldat he could put this in easily. like SK said, it would be like the screen that comes up when you get berserk. and the thing about the shade of the filer: i think that it should be the color of the time of the day at which the server is located i.e., timezone.

Fangus Deef
February 2, 2004, 2:13 am
yea, but i play american servers at night, and live in america. so that'd make it constantly night time when i played, unless i wanted to plat himitsukichi, which frankly isnt as good as it used to be

MikeShinoda.pheonix
February 2, 2004, 4:35 am
that is a good point

Alamo
February 2, 2004, 1:10 pm
I would love a night mode but without the change by local time... I guess that'd suck because of the reasons the persons before me posted. Maybe as a server option without changing or those predefined intervals. But I'd love it.

sauron_the_deceiver
February 2, 2004, 4:05 pm
I think Serial Killer might be talking about my nightfight mod I made AGES ago...

But the idea of incorporating it into an interface is great! I think it would be possible, but it might not work with some screen sizes...

Koraktor
February 2, 2004, 4:32 pm
i think the black filter thing is easy and can be achieved without any great efforts.
but for a real night mode there have to be effects like explosion and flashlight.