( search forums )
Armor setups for 1.2
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Spike
January 30, 2004, 6:27 pm
It would be neat if your soldat could be 3 types of armors. This would be kinda like a bullet proof vest but you start out with it.

Light Armor: No added protection just how it is now with your hp and what not. [guy moves the fastest]

Medium Armor: A quarter of bullet proof vest at start or so and moves slightly slower.

Heavy Armor: Half to 3/4s of a bullet proof vest when starting but slow.

I dunno just a suggestion that prolly wont be concidered but im pretty bored lol :) theres alot of other stuff that needs to be improved first but this might be kinda fun.

Oh yeah and your soldat could look slightly different too for each adjustment like Light Armor your soldat is how he is now then medium and heavy add a a vest but a diff color for medium maybe and like for heavy add a vest and legpads or something like that.

Anti-Commie
January 30, 2004, 7:49 pm
Did you get that idea from rogue spear, perhaps?

MisterX
January 30, 2004, 8:07 pm
Or maybe from Tribes 2?

But sry, i don't like the idea. Just think of the Barret-tanks camping in base on ctf.. Just lying there, sniping the enemies, and when a few enemies finally managed to hurt him, he just heals...

Chakra
January 30, 2004, 8:12 pm
I can honestly say I don't really know how it'd affect soldat. :\

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 30, 2004, 8:58 pm
its a good concept spike. but i think it would be better if it wasnt added :)

SuperKill
January 30, 2004, 10:17 pm
yea i believe that idea is from rouge spear, soldat isnt fun when you got a heavyass armor on you and you get blocked by alot of shots, basiclly you'll be a slow target with alot of hp ;\\\\